WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stopped at Topock today

racetrash

Reaction score
So us Parkerbillys on our way back from Bullhead HomoDepo today picking up cabinets and stopped by Topock 66. 2 Coors light, 15 bucks...

nowski

Reaction score
Here's my take on those high prices: Places like Topock are destinations that need to be patronized once in a while to keep these places open / afloat. If destinations dwindle down and disappear then your attraction to the sport will dwindle as well. I hate the high prices as much as anyone but I go into these establishments with an open mind that enhances the dining experience. However piss poor service is not to be tolerated and that topic is surely open for discussion...

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Topock 66 is known for shitty service and crappy food and warm drafts
So why even patronize to keep them afloat? Or in the mud

nowski

Reaction score

Back in the 80's that place had the best food and service on the water bar none...

So who's your go to place on the water? Fine dining is a rarity on the water that is unless your on the Ct. River...

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Last time I was there was December of 2019.
Got blown off Mojave so we rolled to Pirates launched & pulled into Topock.
Trimmed-up and plowed our way back in . . . had a late breakfast, food was good, service was fine, & never looked at the bill.
Felt good to get out of the cold / wind.
It's not like I go often, so I'd go back no questions asked.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Back in the 80's that place had the best food and service on the water bar none...

So who's your go to place on the water? Fine dining is a rarity on the water that is unless your on the Ct. River...
The nineties also...............

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Running up River for lunch at Topock is one of my favorite things to do. Food & Service is sometimes a hit and miss, but more often a hit. Drinks are always cold and the free bottled water is awesome when hydrating for a long day on the boat.

Don't want to pay $7.50 for a beer, then go buy a six pack and drink in your garage. Nobody should be surprised by the prices. It is a destination and has killer views.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So you have something to do beside paying $35 to park(after launch fees) on a beach with 1000s of beer drinking pissers and a former free shuttle to get more sampling of crappy expensive food/drink and worse yet service, albeit, the Wench outfits are kinda hot. Screenshot_20220119-095151_Chrome.jpg 😁
I wouldn't want my choices limited even more so

hallett21

Reaction score
N
Running up River for lunch at Topock is one of my favorite things to do. Food & Service is sometimes a hit and miss, but more often a hit. Drinks are always cold and the free bottled water is awesome when hydrating for a long day on the boat.

Don't want to pay $7.50 for a beer, then go buy a six pack and drink in your garage. Nobody should be surprised by the prices. It is a destination and has killer views.
Not to mention it was a shithole in the 90s lol

I’m thinking all the glory days members had a lower standard 30-40 years ago.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Didn't know that. Thanks! How is it compared to Crossroads on Sundays??
It's what they call their Sunset menu with daily specials starting at 3pm.
Prime rib has never disappointed, nor have the Thursday Ribs.
These were "All you could eat" up until a few years ago, now get a second helping for $4 or something like that.
Screenshot_20220119-095341_Drive.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
N

Not to mention it was a shithole in the 90s lol

I’m thinking all the glory days members had a lower standard 30-40 years ago.
A shithole with awesome 50s diners stools at the bar. Got fuel there a few times.
Ironically, Chet in mid 90s was purchasing a BMW from my store so we chatted quite a bit and shared his dream with me. He was just then in process of buying T66.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

In desert season I have had very decent meals and experiences there. In fact none of my winter visits there have been negative since early 2020. I have not gone during boating season in the last couple years other than to get a drink or ice cream.

gqchris

Reaction score
Running up River for lunch at Topock is one of my favorite things to do.
You and the other 10,000 People on any given morning :)

I used to be a "lover" of an upriver run myself. Covid Crowds has ruined it for me the last few years. The 405 Freeway of the river hopefully changes soon and I can actually get that warm fuzzy feeling back again.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You and the other 10,000 People on any given morning :)

I used to be a "lover" of an upriver run myself. Covid Crowds has ruined it for me the last few years. The 405 Freeway of the river hopefully changes soon and I can actually get that warm fuzzy feeling back again.

With gas at $5 a gallon this summer, it will separate the men from the poor boys.

I think masts and jibs will be the hot upgrade for deckboats and pontoons this summer. :)

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I'll take Topock over Pirate's every time
Agreed.
I only go to Pirates when I get invited for the free boat ride and lunch.
Even for free Pirate's food sux.
We had a table of 6 and there was only 1 meal that was good, the club sandwich.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
With gas at $5 a gallon this summer, it will separate the men from the poor boys.

I think masts and jibs will be the hot upgrade for deckboats and pontoons this summer. :)
How much gas does the average deck boat take to get to the channel? Asking for a friend lol

I'm wondering how high gas is going to get..won't really change our patterns since we are only out there every 6-8 weeks. But I could see it making a major dent in the normal weekend crowd as far as running up river. I'm wondering how bad it will hit the RV craze when it does hit $5plus though in more places than just CA. I know this last trip back to texas was the most I have ever spent in fuel for that trip..it was crazy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How much gas does the average deck boat take to get to the channel? Asking for a friend lol

I'm wondering how high gas is going to get..won't really change our patterns since we are only out there ever 6-8 weeks. But I could see it making a major dent in the normal weekend crowd as far as running up river.

That is the only place they will be :)

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

I'm wondering how high gas is going to get..won't really change our patterns since we are only out there every 6-8 weeks. But I could see it making a major dent in the normal weekend crowd as far as running up river. I'm wondering how bad it will hit the RV craze when it does hit $5plus though in more places than just CA. I know this last trip back to texas was the most I have ever spent in fuel for that trip..it was crazy.
Goldman analyst on CNBC this morning says we could see $105/barrel soon.

Tank

Reaction score
Jesus Christ you guys would complain if someone gave you a thousand dollars in one dollar bills.

Though, $15 is a bit steep for 2 coors lights:oops:. Chalk it up to life experience - it usually costs more to get more.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Jesus Christ you guys would complain if someone gave you a thousand dollars in one dollar bills.

Though, $15 is a bit steep for 2 coors lights:oops:. Chalk it up to life experience - it usually costs more to get more.
This Biden economy is getting to you Tank......

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Mind you, I am both cheap/poor, and not a fan of the "party" scene...not the baller point of view. I pass Topock on the way to my "Trailer Estate".
Never even eaten at Pirate's, yet launch there every trip. Can't tell you if the food or service is good or bad, but the music played by the covid crowd last summer sucked in the channel.
Topock I have only been during winter season. Only been a handful of times over the years, but each time the service was good, and so was the food. As for price, probably not cheap, but it's over 40$ for us 5 to go to Del Taco...I'll bitch about that more than a place that is on the water.

Riverryder

Reaction score
there was a thread where people were upset about Tits so it only makes sense that you guys are complaining about the prices someone puts on beer or food that they serve at a restaurant to people willing to pay?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
why hasn't anyone mentioned...

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!

you guys are slackin.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Mind you, I am both cheap/poor, and not a fan of the "party" scene...not the baller point of view. I pass Topock on the way to my "Trailer Estate".
Never even eaten at Pirate's, yet launch there every trip. Can't tell you if the food or service is good or bad, but the music played by the covid crowd last summer sucked in the channel.
Topock I have only been during winter season. Only been a handful of times over the years, but each time the service was good, and so was the food. As for price, probably not cheap, but it's over 40$ for us 5 to go to Del Taco...I'll bitch about that more than a place that is on the water.

I have a $30 limit on fast food for the 4 of us. If I'm going to eat crap food my not paying a premium price. If Big Macs are 2 for $6, guess what you are eating :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You and me buddy
$17 buys me my cheap azz 30 pack
And the service is great
stop on by

Lol.

I will say I gasp a little bit when I order a beer at a restaurant and two beers later it’s the same price as a 30 pk at home.

If I’m out on the water though at one of the establishments it doesn’t bother me. I always feel good about supporting the restaurants on the water.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It's what they call their Sunset menu with daily specials starting at 3pm.
Prime rib has never disappointed, nor have the Thursday Ribs.
These were "All you could eat" up until a few years ago, now get a second helping for $4 or something like that.
View attachment 1081623
Is this menu up to date Ziggy?? If so, it's worth the drive down.