WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stopped at Topock today

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
780AF95B-92EF-408E-93AE-36E4574B8417.JPG

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Topock is one of my favorite places to hang, usually good service, good food and not bad prices considering how difficult it is to get good labor and supplies this last year. As said before, if you don’t support these places, they disappear. Also a beautiful boat ride up the gorge early in the morning, it’s the drive back in the afternoon that’s a bit tough.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think from a "river trip" standpoint, the prices at any of the places aren't bad. For those of us that don't live out there, food on the water is the cheap part. Fuel and maintenance on toys, driving out, etc...

If we are headed out, I try to get up to Bullhead and hit Shiver River. If I'm going to fatten us up, rather funds go towards someone I know.
Yes, over the years, I've let loose of the bottle, but picked up a fork🐷

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Pops and I used to play the ponies every weekend.. santa Anita, del mar...Los al ..fairplex.. could prob have bought a DCB with all the cash we dropped on $13 beers over the years..🤯.. $7.50 ain't shit!😉

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Though it’s usually a tall boy, beers or a glass of wine at a concert or sporting event are commonly $12-$17.
I’m no baller, driving a 20 year old boat behind a 10 year old truck, but you guys driving $80k trucks and $100k+++ boats complain about a $7 beer?🤔

On a separate note, going to nascar at LA coliseum, parking close is $148. 1/2 mile away is $50+, now that’s just stupid.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wife and I were in Vegas between X-mas and NY and she wanted a beer. I walked up to the bar and ordered an Ultra and a Miller Lite...it was $18.42 😲

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Last time I went to the Fred Hall Fishing and Boat show was a a few years back at Del Mar with my Pops . . . . we saw some guys walking with those 24 oz '805' beers. We saw the Vendor-cart selling them for $22.50 each . . . my Dad is a pretty reserved dude, when he saw the price he actually laughed !
I said, 'Well that's a no-go, let's see if we can find some water' . . . right around the corner they were selling 12 oz. Crystal Geysers for $6.50 !!! . . . he said, 'Now it's a NO just out of principal' ! LOL
Luckily we saw a friend who was working in one of the vendor booths and they had 2 big coolers of beer and water, so we hung out for a bit and had a beer/water and called it good.

I understand some places have a big overhead relative to the amount of people coming through, especially during the off-season . . . but at a retail trade-show, where vendors are trying to make a buck, it seems counter-intuitive to sell beverages at such elevated prices. But what do I know.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Are they still doing the on site poster printing? The wife and her friends were on the ceiling before the re-model.

77charger

Reaction score
Sounds like prices gone up a little but where hasnt it? when we use to go often i just took enough money and had fun paid the final bill and go.We stayed at needles marina stop go head to a beach hot topock for lunch then head south to sandbar or wherever hang out the hit topock for dinner leave at sunset was best time on water headed back get back as it got dark.

Made it easier vs bringing food and bbq for camping and was always nice to hang out at topock we had great service and food was good.Only been to pirates once years ago.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Always have enjoyed time on the river with friends and enjoying meal. It has always been something that I am willing to pay for. It is a cost of enjoying a day on the river, It is worth every penny. Much better than a day in a big city having to watch your back.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Sounds like prices gone up a little but where hasnt it? when we use to go often i just took enough money and had fun paid the final bill and go.We stayed at needles marina stop go head to a beach hot topock for lunch then head south to sandbar or wherever hang out the hit topock for dinner leave at sunset was best time on water headed back get back as it got dark.

Made it easier vs bringing food and bbq for camping and was always nice to hang out at topock we had great service and food was good.Only been to pirates once years ago.

almost need n H20 toie decoder ring.😁

westair

Reaction score
maybe the beer profits is funding his new hotel

Last edited:

prorider

Reaction score
Worst thing about topock is those damn birds shitting on my boat. Everything else is great.

sintax

Reaction score
That’s true.. and their little claws poke holes in the seats!

Haha 100% I can’t even relax there. I’m constantly poking my head over the railing and looking for those damn birds.

The only chill I get is when some poor sucker leaves a bag of chips exposed and they all feast and leave my boat alone.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Paradise just below the Springs in Parker Strip was a place too at one point (though it was never river accessible). The ribs were just as good as Che Bones ( I think the chef was at both places). Other stuff was good too, and drinks were ok but you could walk to the bar and get what you wanted vs dealing with the server.

Things change, that's just the way it goes.

blueflaminhot

Reaction score
Love the place. Last few times I’ve gone they didn’t have the thriftys ice cream though. Love their bbq sauce.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Paradise just below the Springs in Parker Strip was a place too at one point (though it was never river accessible). The ribs were just as good as Che Bones ( I think the chef was at both places). Other stuff was good too, and drinks were ok but you could walk to the bar and get what you wanted vs dealing with the server.

Tommy's. We use to go there and drink Barracudas (Mai tais) and eat the prime rib with the big shrimp on top. Damn time flies. I remember passing out at the table there once.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I just paid $15 for a warm Coors light and a tiny bag of chips at Mammoth Mountain. Shit is outta control.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Personally I try to avoid the crowds, but if it's a choice between Topock and Pirates, Topock wins hands down. We actually drive there more than boat there.😁

Your ad here

Reaction score
If that's the price they need to charge to stay in business then that's crazy. Whatever the reason I'm priced out of going there. Sounds funny coming from a boat owner but it's purchases like these that will cause me to go broke safely. Over paying for something when it can be bought cheaper elsewhere. This reminds me of a moment at Ocotillo Wells. Group wanted to go for a ride to Iron Door to drink beer. My thought was why would I pay to drink someone else's beer when I have my own right here at camp. Anyways they rode to ID and bought beer. Brother and I loaded our camelbacks with our beers and had and awesome ride to pumpkin patch, devils slide, and shell reef. Drank our beers along the ride.
I do understand stopping and getting a beer at Topock when driving through in a vehicle. I've done a few times coming and going to Oatman. But with prices the way they are, now I pack my cooler with beer and will pick a scenic area to drink my beer. Different scenery is nice and pissing in Mick Jaggers mouth was just weird.

bonesfab

Reaction score
On a separate note, going to nascar at LA coliseum, parking close is $148. 1/2 mile away is $50+, now that’s just stupid.
Just to have your shit broke into and or vandalized.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Paid $110 for a twelve pack of Coors light at Rancho Santa Fe golf club in San Diego.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Thinking that these places need to charge what they do because the Off-Season is difficult to pay the overhead.🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Haha 100% I can’t even relax there. I’m constantly poking my head over the railing and looking for those damn birds.

The only chill I get is when some poor sucker leaves a bag of chips exposed and they all feast and leave my boat alone.

I had a big bag of chips on the dash but it was sealed.. I thought it would be fine.

Those bastards ripped it open and started feasting. Little fuckers..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Tommy’s.. pretty sure that was / is Cameron from Cha Bones dad..

I loved that place