WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Strange Cancun story.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Dude was hanging out at bar without his wife when they were down there celebrating their 10 year anniversary?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have read there is a lot of boot leg liquor in town. Some supplier must be swapping out the Bacardi and putting in his own bathtub booze.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Just got back from the Rivera Maya last Wednesday. Place seemed fairly safe but it was a nice resort. Would like to know the names of the resorts involved.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Specifically, where was "there"?
Isla mujeras cancun stayed at haven resorts i believe. Not sure all the details about but thats whats there fb shows

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So where’s the wife? It would seem like she would have some answers?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Had a friend whos wife was drugged last week there guessing was in and out of consciousness for about 30hrs!

They drugged her at a resort? Or in town? Was she at a hospital? Or hotel room?

Swain

Reaction score
My wife and I went there 12 years ago.

Stayed at Dreams got deadly sick, never will go back to Cancun Sh*t hole ever.

Javajoe

Reaction score
My daughter and her BF went a couple years ago. Was at the pool bar in the morning and my daughter felt real light headed so they went back to the room. On the way he started feeling weird also. They laid down and woke up the next day. Fuck all of Mexico 🖕

River918

Reaction score
Sad story.... His friend and fellow firefighter was so distraught over his death that he shot his portion of the news story at his side business "Texas Hog Bait" so he could get some free publicity...:rolleyes:

j21black

Reaction score
Sad story.... His friend and fellow firefighter was so distraught over his death that he shot his portion of the news story at his side business "Texas Hog Bait" so he could get some free publicity...:rolleyes:

I noticed that as well and found it odd.....

K-DOG

Reaction score
It is well known that allot of Mexican resorts make their own booze or get homemade booze. Mainly its the all Inclusive resorts so you need to stay away from the house margaritas or house tequila shots. Most of the time it is fine but sometimes there are bad batches. There were some news stories about some booze being made with fentanyl. Stick with beer or higher shelf stuff if you see it being poured directly from bottle.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Take a deep breath man, it ain't worth your energy.
To be honest, his question sure sounded valid. When I vacation with my wife, that's who I spend my time with, not a bunch of random dudes.

Maybe that how they like to vacation...

havasuhusker

Reaction score
We stayed at the place he was found as my friends have a timeshare, (the place where they were staying next door was being built when we were there) and drank a lot. Never encountered any problems luckily.

wet hull

Reaction score
I hear all these stories and I still go. Never have had a issue but I also don't do stupid shit when down there. Hell I have to walk though East Village to Padre game Wednesday. Probably just as dangerous.

2Driver

Reaction score
Watch what you eat and drink and the air refills in your tank :0

One2go

Reaction score
Mexico is a cartel run shit hole. With a mixture of the predator types ( from out of country)that go there to to look for easy Americans to jack,and local predator types that look for easy prey. Oh and there is good people there just they can't say or do anything because the lawless environment. lol America's not far behind

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Been going to mexico for many years, never had an issue, ever. Mostly go to Cabo. Always a great time. We will be going again next year. Just be smart about it and done dont be dumb, dont get so drunk that you are not aware of your surroundings or what you are being served. But goes for the same here in the states. Watch what your being poured and dont walk down dark alleys at night.

And for the ones that say that shit is ran by the "cartels", you need to relize that most "resort towns" the resorts are American owned!

Last edited:

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Mexico is a cartel run shit hole. With a mixture of the predator types ( from out of country)that go there to to look for easy Americans to jack,and local predator types that look for easy prey. Oh and there is good people there just they can't say or do anything because the lawless environment. lol America's not far behind

I spend a minimum of 8 weekends a year in Baja, from the Southern tip to the Northern border. To say there are good people that can't say anything is stupid. The entire peninsula is filled with great people, and while there are certainly Cartels, there are also Cartel Towns, typically the border towns. If you act like you would here in the states, and maybe even a little bit more respectful, you will have a great time and completely stay out of trouble. Like mentioned above, Me, my wife, my kids, and all my friends have never had an issue. But we don't go down there acting like Douche Bags and begging for trouble.

One2go

Reaction score
Lol. Ok. The thread is about someone who was in Cancun,And to say that it's mainly border towns is stupid ! The cartels run Mexico if you don't want to believe that and believe the government does you should educate yourself on the current situation in Mexico. Baja is different for sure,you sound like have nice area you've been going for year s and not had any problems... great ! Cartels don't mess with Baja for the most part. Rival cartels in other mainland Mexico whole different story.that being said this incident was not cartel ,never said it was ,Look up
Edsmanifesto.com he basically spells it out, former high official with Mexican government and worked for us intelligence.
Anyways the thread is about a tragic event. Don't want to lose site of that. Very sad for sure.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lol. Ok. The thread is about someone who was in Cancun,And to say that it's mainly border towns is stupid ! The cartels run Mexico if you don't want to believe that and believe the government does you should educate yourself on the current situation in Mexico. Baja is different for sure,you sound like have nice area you've been going for year s and not had any problems... great ! Cartels don't mess with Baja for the most part. Rival cartels in other mainland Mexico whole different story.that being said this incident was not cartel ,never said it was ,Look up
Edsmanifesto.com he basically spells it out, former high official with Mexican government and worked for us intelligence.
Anyways the thread is about a tragic event. Don't want to lose site of that. Very sad for sure.
I don't go anymore, and won't for the anytime in the near future. Even Baja has become quite sketchy. Between Ensenada and TJ, they're averaging 1 reported homicide per day. They used to just happen in the slums, now in downtown, even a nice beachside winery a couple weeks ago. Like everything else though, it's fine, until it is not.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I don't go anymore, and won't for the anytime in the near future. Even Baja has become quite sketchy. Between Ensenada and TJ, they're averaging 1 reported homicide per day. They used to just happen in the slums, now in downtown, even a nice beachside winery a couple weeks ago. Like everything else though, it's fine, until it is not.

Just one? Shit…they’re doing better than Long Beach.

outboard_256

Reaction score

hman442

Reaction score
I have read there is a lot of boot leg liquor in town. Some supplier must be swapping out the Bacardi and putting in his own bathtub booze.
We were there a couple years ago. There was even a warning sign on the wall in the lobby bar. We were told that the "bad guys" take the empty booze bottles from the garbage, refill them with their homemade stuff & then sell them to the hotels/bars at a big discount, and depending on what form of payment is used, the bartender can keep the difference in cash. To combat this, the "good places" were allegedly breaking the empty bottles, so that they couldn't be reused.