WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Streaming Services

DMF

Reaction score
What is everyone using for streaming services? Can you take them with you back and forth from the main home to the vacation house? We are paying close to $600 a month between both homes for internet and cable TV service. I am thinking there is a cheaper alternative.

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Youtube tv, Amazon prime, and Netflix. And yes you can use them on multiple decives.

Starloans

Reaction score
I got the Roku with YT TV. That's it. There is lots of free shit there to watch on Roku. A couple of the free add ons require a library card which is free and I have a library card. Some free quirky, indi type movies on Roku. Some shit I would never have thought to watch. It's not HBO or Showtime but I find that I watch less TV and actually a little more productive and spend time doing other things. Watched a movie last night called Small Apartments. Indi movie. Different.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Even if you get cable....say like Spectrum at your home.....you can still stream through their app. In addition to the Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc. Apps. No need to get cable at both locations. All my tvs are Roku TVs....thats how I'd do it if I had a vacay home.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Obviously.....you would still need internet at the vacay home though.

DanG

Reaction score
Sling Tv, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu. Sling is the only one I pay stand alone as the others come with other services already paying for.

I have not had cable in about 10 years. This is my second time with Sling. I have had Direct TV Now or AT&T TV Now as well. All great services, but they kept raising their prices so went back to Sling. I use the same services at both houses and even stream crime shows (I mainly just listen) during the drive to Havasu. It's kinda like a book on tape and makes the drive go by a little easier.

If you already have internet at both homes, it's a no brain-er. You can have TV for under $40 in both homes and get pretty much all the same channels depending on what service you go with.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I was early adopter for YouTube TV and love it, we have watched NBA finals games while we were boarding a plane to Colorado.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We use Hulu, however when we go to Florida for the winter they say we can't use them at a different address/ IP address. Tell them we move each winter/summer. They say no. Ok then cancel, oh we can do it. LOL

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Roku with sling tv, Netflix, Amazon rounds up our services and we save a bunch cutting the cord

thats exactly what i use. Plenty of stuff to watch. I did cancel my Amazon Prime though until they clean up their political BS. I think it is finished about Sept as it was already paid.

i use my hotspot via vzn to access it all

DLC

Reaction score
Don’t for get over the air antenna it’s digital and I get 41 channels local news
and

the big daddy part is it’s free after you buy an antenna

77charger

Reaction score
Don’t for get over the air antenna it’s digital and I get 41 channels local news
and

the big daddy part is it’s free after you buy an antenna
Got digital antenna here at home love it so far I’m stuck watching old shows especially grit tv.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
We have 5 TVs in the house all but one have roku boxes , one has roku built in , we "cut the cord" a couple years back and dumped satellite, slowly direct and ATT streaming prices incrementally crept back up till we were back paying $75 a month (for ATT streaming) . Last week I dumped them and opted for Sling its intro is $10 for 3 months then goes to $35 , the middle tier gives os Fox news and more TV than we can ever watch..

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
YouTube tv because I can use it anywhere on any device and it has local news channels. Peacock for supercross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Does sling or any others have a guide? I can't live without some channel guidance...otherwise I'm scrolling through prime and netflix for hours b4 I find something worth a shit to watch..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We have a 4k Firestick and a Google stick. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney plus, Discovery Plus and the Motor Trend Channel. The low dollar version of Hulu too.

It's more than enough for me!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Does sling or any others have a guide? I can't live without some channel guidance...otherwise I'm scrolling through prime and netflix for hours b4 I find something worth a shit to watch..

yes there is a guide on sling

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Netflix Disney plus with Hulu and prime with a digital antenna. Have mlb tv through t mobile, history vault and Motortrend through amazon. I will add and subtract premium channels through prime as I want. Good show on hbo? I will add it on prime binge the episodes and then cancel when I'm done.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What is everyone using for streaming services? Can you take them with you back and forth from the main home to the vacation house? We are paying close to $600 a month between both homes for internet and cable TV service. I am thinking there is a cheaper alternative.

Oh and fyi...

You can sign into your accounts from anywhere. No extra charge for that.

On the Firestick, you can have different profiles too. One each for your wife and kids.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I learned about ustvgo.tv on here a couple years ago. I stream 93 TV channels. Its free but to get all 93 you have to have Nord VPN which right now is $99 for 2 years. It used to be temperamental but this year it has been rock solid. I hook the TV up to a Chrome book that has the vpn and use a wireless mouse like a tv remote to click on the channels I want to watch and then click full screen to go from a webpage to the full size view. I also keep a wireless keyboard by the couch and use it to watch youtube channels.