WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stringer wood?

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I picked up a hondo Pantera set up for jet. Transom wood is bad. Stringers have fiberglass separation if still good I think I can reglass them . Good chance I'll have to replace. What wood should I use?

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Dry kiln doug fir is what we used, make sure you ruff it up good with 24 or 36 before glassing, don't make it smooth and pretty, the glass will hide all the scratch marls and give you the mechanical bond you need. These stringers were hot with 24 grit prior to glassing in.

Attachments

• SPECTRAMJpg.jpg
    SPECTRAMJpg.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 108
  • SPECTRANJpg.jpg
    SPECTRANJpg.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 111

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Where can I get it? I'm in ventura county area. Any lumber yard? ( not Lowes and depot)

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
typically you need more of a Speciality yard, not sure if you have a Ganahl lumber up there but they can order, we have or had a great shop called Lindsey lumber and they had a kiln room where you could pick your wood out.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I started to finish the capping. The guy started but was not very good at it
Thats okay . Have you ever taken on a boat that has not entailed massive work ? Besides you cant get in trouble if you have no time or money ! Lol

Backlash

Reaction score
typically you need more of a Speciality yard, not sure if you have a Ganahl lumber up there but they can order, we have or had a great shop called Lindsey lumber and they had a kiln room where you could pick your wood out.
I picked up my kiln dried lumber from Ganahl Lumber in Pasadena, CA. They had it in stock and in the sizes I needed. It's a little bit of a drive, but I'd give them a call.

Gripside80

Reaction score
Where can I get it? I'm in ventura county area. Any lumber yard? ( not Lowes and depot)
Hit Conejo Hardwoods in Westlake Village

Or

Roadside lumber in agoura

There also a BMC in newbury Park off Borchard and Hillcrest.