WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Strokes has wifi!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Was just sitting here and all of a sudden wifi bars "strokes guest.". :). So far the prime rib is the same, big tvs everywhere and now wifi.. I'm liking the new owners!

RD

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Ask if they'll let you hang a 20' long American flag on the wall.

Reaction score
Can you ask if the new owners allow people of color.

Free wifi is good.

Sent from manly black iPhone using tapatalk!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I had no idea there were so many racists in the desert. :(

Reaction score
Ole barrack isn't to popular in the desert.
O come on, he isnt that bad. ;)

I think he would become more popular if her were found out in the desert :D
im pretty sure the heat of the desert wouldnt bother him:D

I had no idea there were so many racists in the desert. :(
see quote below. That sums that up

You don't want to know how we feel about Canadians.

I have nothing against Black people..... I think everybody should own at least one :p

atleast one, my people owned the whole family...down in the south..:p:D
How times have changed. Pretty sure the brotha is owning all of caucasions. Then again i would know, can you guys shed some light on that?:thumbsup

RPVMom

Reaction score
Well Foxes may have free wi-fi, but Strokes has great food AND free wi-fi!
Their new "winter menu" is out, different specials every night of the week. You can pick one up if you go in.
Oh and they have new appetizers, too, like zucchini sticks! And new and better soups, too, like the WHITE clam chowder, which is super yummy. And you can't beat the breakfast on the weekends. They have these amazing HUGE sweet potato pancakes...it doesn't even say that on the menu so I was pleasantly surprised...best pancakes I ever had!
(do you get the impression I've been eating there a lot lately? I HAVE!! I just love the changes!)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Well Foxes may have free wi-fi, but Strokes has great food AND free wi-fi!
Their new "winter menu" is out, different specials every night of the week. You can pick one up if you go in.
Oh and they have new appetizers, too, like zucchini sticks! And new and better soups, too, like the WHITE clam chowder, which is super yummy. And you can't beat the breakfast on the weekends. They have these amazing HUGE sweet potato pancakes...it doesn't even say that on the menu so I was pleasantly surprised...best pancakes I ever had!
(do you get the impression I've been eating there a lot lately? I HAVE!! I just love the changes!)

Thats good to hear some good about Strokes. I can say that I had quite a few friends go there this weekend and did not have good things to say. I loved Strokes but havent been since the new owners took over. And after hearing about people's experiences this weekend I wasnt planningon going. Good to hear people are having good experiences, I might have to go back :thumbsup

RPVMom

Reaction score
What were the problems they encountered? I know that they were super busy during dinner time over the weekend, so maybe they had to wait a long time? I saw the new owners in there themselves hustling...bussing tables, etc so I know they were putting the effort in. Maybe they(the new owners) aren't used to a big crowd? Because it was really busy...but still a fun atmosphere if you're willing to hang out and have a couple drinks, listen to some music and visit with friends. If you want a quick bite to eat...well then maybe Strokes wasn't the best choice last weekend, lol. But I do see that they are trying to make improvements!

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i have always enjoyed eating at strokes ... not once have i been let down there and will definitely go back.

when did the new owners take over?

RPVMom

Reaction score
I think it was early October....not sure but that's what it seems like. Not much longer than that anyways. I think it's gonna be a lot better than before, even, when they get the kinks worked out! They have some good ideas. Oh, and the place is all decked out for the holidays already..it looks great, too!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What were the problems they encountered? I know that they were super busy during dinner time over the weekend, so maybe they had to wait a long time? I saw the new owners in there themselves hustling...bussing tables, etc so I know they were putting the effort in. Maybe they(the new owners) aren't used to a big crowd? Because it was really busy...but still a fun atmosphere if you're willing to hang out and have a couple drinks, listen to some music and visit with friends. If you want a quick bite to eat...well then maybe Strokes wasn't the best choice last weekend, lol. But I do see that they are trying to make improvements!

2+ hour wait for food, 30 min wait for drinks. general attitude was not the greatest when they went directly to bar to have drinks since their servers wouldnt get them drinks in a timely manner. (if you are going to make people wait for food, make sure they never have an empty drink ;)) Then once the food did arrived I guess it was subpar compared to how it has been in the past. I personally didnt go this weekend but do eat there almost every time Im in Parker (which is a lot). Im sure those who go to strokes know its not quick food ;)

I wish them the best as Parker needs a decent place to eat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2+ hour wait for food, 30 min wait for drinks. general attitude was not the greatest when they went directly to bar to have drinks since their servers wouldnt get them drinks in a timely manner. (if you are going to make people wait for food, make sure they never have an empty drink ;)) Then once the food did arrived I guess it was subpar compared to how it has been in the past. I personally didnt go this weekend but do eat there almost every time Im in Parker (which is a lot). Im sure those who go to strokes know its not quick food ;)

I wish them the best as Parker needs a decent place to eat.

Hot tip don't eat at strokes the Friday after thanksgiving when the parking lot looks like sundance used too on a holiday weekend.. Lol. We were going to as well and I saw the parking lot and went to tommy's instead (which was decent).

It's wednesday though, I live in Havasu and yet here I am at strokes.. :D. 8.95 pot pies tonight, along with a bunch of other specials. Place is packed.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Hot tip don't eat at strokes the Friday after thanksgiving when the parking lot looks like sundance used too on a holiday weekend.. Lol. We were going to as well and I saw the parking lot and went to tommy's instead (which was decent).

It's wednesday though, I live in Havasu and yet here I am at strokes.. :D. 8.95 pot pies tonight, along with a bunch of other specials. Place is packed.

RD

Don't you ever work?:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I Am not shitting u when I say this is the best pot pie I have ever had.. Granted it did take 20 minutes to get.. Lol. (they are packed). Better then claim jumper, no shit!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322706150.833482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322706150.833482.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 205

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I Am not shitting u when I say this is the best pot pie I have ever had.. Granted it did take 20 minutes to get.. Lol. (they are packed). Better then claim jumper, no shit!

KFC has really good potpies.

RPVMom

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to try to Pot Pies yet....thanks for the heads up!!

Riverbottom

Reaction score
KFC has really good potpies.

I will try one. Probably without the hour plus wait.

I wish the new owners luck, but it will be hard to make a come back after Steve and Joy. I think I would change the name, If I just purchased that resturant.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Group of us went to Strokes twice this past week. Service has gone from average to absolute dawg shit. Same thing with us, we had to leave our table to order drinks at the bar etc. Our appi took an hour to get to us and dinner another 30. Never refilled drinks, water. I pulled the new owner to the side and explained our issues. She basicaly blew us off and tried to defend the reasons. We have loved the place for 10 years but the new owners dont get it. I would be surprised if we go back.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Group of us went to Strokes twice this past week. Service has gone from average to absolute dawg shit. Same thing with us, we had to leave our table to order drinks at the bar etc. Our appi took an hour to get to us and dinner another 30. Never refilled drinks, water. I pulled the new owner to the side and explained our issues. She basicaly blew us off and tried to defend the reasons. We have loved the place for 10 years but the new owners dont get it. I would be surprised if we go back.

Service has gotten worse.

boatnam2

Reaction score
They use to have the best ice cold dinner salad there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Was there last night and the place was standing room only. They can't be doing all that bad..

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Guess I won't be going to strokes anymore. :D

Sent from manly black iPhone using tapatalk!

Maybe if you took off that wife beater, shaved that beard and relaxed your eyes a little (avatar)....:D