WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Strut Question

bajagrom

Reaction score
I am looking for stock measurements of the Strut placement for 1974 Campbell 20? mini day. I know Spectras and Schiadas are similar. People have told me that my strut may have been moved forward, they say this because of the stance my boat has while at speed.

Here are my measurements
27'' inchs from the front of the strut which mounts to the boat
19 5/8'' inches from the rear of the strut
4 '' bottem of boat to prop shaft front of the strut
6 ''bottom to boat to prop shaft rear of the strut
15'' end of prop shaft to rear of boat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 104

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Not too familiar with the Campbells, but my 21 Howard came with 10 deg. strut and the back end of the strut barrel was 17" from the transom. I put a 7.5 deg. strut on with the back of the barrel 23.5" from the transom. This strut also placed the prop closer to the bottom of the boat. It helped the handling quite a bit.

bajagrom

Reaction score
Right now I have a half inch of space between the blade of the prop and the bottom of the boat. I believe the prop is a 11.5 x 15. The hub of the prop is chromed.

I wish I knew the angle of the strut. The boat handles well. But I also have a dual cable rotary steering system.

bajagrom

Reaction score
Does this normal to any else? image.jpg image.jpg It's a support/ bulid up for strut.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Buy or borrow a digital angle finder. Attach to strut base then raise/lower the trailer jackstand until you read zero. Then move the angle finder to the strut barrel to determine strut angle. Looks to be quite deep, at least 10 degree maybe even12.

You mention stance of the boat while at speed. What's the comment? Boat rides too wet, nose high? nose plowing?

Last edited:

bajagrom

Reaction score
Campbell Carl.
Here are a few pictures of the the boat . It doesnt look like the bow is plowing or have to much bow lift.
359.jpg 366.jpg

Attachments

• 365.jpg
    365.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 105
  • 357.jpg
    357.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 103