WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stucco cleaning

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Apparently my BBQ flashed up recently and left this nice soot pattern on the stucco. I’m assuming this won’t be cleanable and I’ll have to paint. But I thought I’d ask if anyone has had this happen, and is there a cleanable solution?
IMG_4963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4963.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 108

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I would start with simple green and a stiff scrub brush. The real issue is there is as much grease as smoke in that stain. Paint will be challenging to get to stay if you don't degrease it first.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I can tell you pressure washing wont get it off, maybe with some 100% strength simple-green soaked in it would put a dent in it. I'd plan on de-greasing and fresh paint

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I’m coming out this week and will try and tackle this. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

rvrrun

Reaction score
Instead of Simple Green, try an automotive degreaser like Castrol Super Clean. I use it to clean our grill and it does a great job.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'd try comet and a stiff scrub brush. I would avoid paint at all cost if the stucco has never been painted. Keep the water hose at hand wash it down as you clean.

Grab your wife's tooth brush and give it a try on a small area. ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I can tell you pressure washing wont get it off, maybe with some 100% strength simple-green soaked in it would put a dent in it. I'd plan on de-greasing and fresh paint
This and maybe put up a stainless steel grease shield up

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Well it looks like a lot of great suggestions, thanks! I'll keep you posted as to what works, or not. ;)

DB / HAV

Reaction score
If Hometown Buffet was still open you could spray that soup stuff on the wall? I hear that stuff will clean anything out!

I would try a good oven & grill cleaner or a graffiti remover. Try an aerosol that foams so it sticks to the surface. Scrub with a soft to medium brush and hose off. Might need to spray a little where that rat bought the farm?

DLC

Reaction score
Make sure you keep you concrete patio wet as you work the stain on the wall, maybe use 2 hoses or a splitter, if the concrete dries out you then could be washing the new stain off the concrete.

Try dawn dish soap with a scrub brush, it cuts grease. Keep water on the stucco below the stain also. If it hasent been painted use a fog coat for touch up.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Or just say F-it and move on with life. If you are going to keep your BBQ there then don’t waist your time, it will happen over time anyway.

If you can move your BBQ away from the stuccoed patio out in the ole air I would suggest that first. If that’s an option then try the other suggestions posted here.

Apparently my BBQ flashed up recently and left this nice soot pattern on the stucco. I’m assuming this won’t be cleanable and I’ll have to paint. But I thought I’d ask if anyone has had this happen, and is there a cleanable solution?
View attachment 762892

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just a FYI, there are two kinds of Easy-Off, the blue can and the yellow can. The blue works good for removing paint from cars or gelcoat, but the yellow is very strong and should be used with care.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Or just say F-it and move on with life. If you are going to keep your BBQ there then don’t waist your time, it will happen over time anyway.

If you can move your BBQ away from the stuccoed patio out in the ole air I would suggest that first. If that’s an option then try the other suggestions posted here.

I'm definitely going to move the BBQ to a different location. It's kinda funny, it's been in that same location for years and never an issue. Oh well, live and learn......

AZagpilot

Reaction score
When I had rentals I always used TSP to remove cooking grease and nicotine buildup from previous tenants. Paint would just “bead up” otherwise. Learned it from a professional painter friend