WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stucco color

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Had a vinyl sliding door installed and when they took the trim off the outside they ripped some stucco off with it. They replaced it but it’s just the base color. Is there any way to color match our existing stucco or am I stuck having to paint it etc? It’s a small strip. I was kinda thinking of like getting a matte color matched paint and using a small sprayer and fanning it out to make it a little less noticeable.
1C41F529-D4F0-4DDA-BC2B-E72EFC728C0F.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I had to match some stucco color awhile back. Took an access panel to the local Sherwin whilliams and they did a great job of color matching. Just make sure your sample is on the same side of the house. That way it has the same sun exposure and relative fading.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I had the same basic issue at my house when I built my RV garage. Whatever you do, don’t paint a sample area. I ended up having to paint that entire wall so that the opposite edge was where the slight color change took place and you couldn’t notice it. Also, I went just a tiny bit darker in the paint. 2 years later, the paint faded since it is a south facing wall and it now matches the rest of the house. Fading will be nearly impossible to get right if the stucco isn’t within a couple years of new.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
You might be able to buy just the color and fog coat it. Mix the color pack up and apply with a heavy duty pump sprayer.
It would have been easier to match if power washed before Demo then stucco corner to corner Not just a patch Or just paint the whole place after patch but people want to save a buck . My .02

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Get a La Habra color stucco chart. Figure out what color it is. Go to Dunn Edwards. Have them mix that color in Acri Hues flat. CHECK COLOR.. Finger dab small on stucco..Gonna change color as it dries. Spray with a airless and a small tip 311. Spray your problem area 2 coats. No fat edges, not heavy. Than blend, fade, feather your color misting it into old stucco.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
90+ % of the 1 coat stucco on new construction here in Southern Nevada is painted.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Anyone know a good stucco guy t redo a house? Im in the long beach area.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
A lot of builders in Havasu paint the new stucco. I was told for touch up purposes when it cracks. I put on thousands of gallons a year on exterior stucco. Lots of my customers don't like the staining around the bottom of the home after the rain splash the dirt etc around the bottom of the homes raw stucco and it stains. Painted stucco won't stain like that.

Some like stucco. Some like paint. It's all what your trying to do I guess.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Anyone know a good stucco guy t redo a house? Im in the long beach area.

Yes I do but I'm too lazy to get up to get my phone. PM me and I'll get his number for you.

His name is Chief Running Tab.

IMG_0022 - Edited.jpg

@rivermobster

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Screen door didn’t last 24 hours before I walked right through it. 10 year habit of just walking out of the French doors is hard to break I guess. Didn’t even see it.
4328322F-C0E1-44A0-AB9A-F6B79FB4A0B3.jpeg

Jimmyv

Reaction score
+1 on Keith, or “Chief Running Tab” as Wheeler called him! Good guy and this stuff is what he does.