WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stuck at pirates needles

sintax

Reaction score
*****@LHC30 got me all unstuck! *****

Are there any Jeep guys or extraction guys that might be free tomorrow to help extract my truck from the sand at pirates??

I tried to do a good deed and get my uncles rzr unstuck and got myself in a bad spot. I thought I could extract him and get spun around, but fate had a different idea. No ones willing to take their truck in to try to rescue me.

I’m not buried, but I’m not in a great spot and I don’t want to make things worse so figured to call it a night.

I’m prob 60 ft off the main road, but just don’t can’t get a good enough run I think.

Can obviously offer cash

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a set of “go treads” I can being you that will most likely get ya unstuck.. to tell ya the truth I have been dying to see them work.

if ya want I can bring em up there right now.

just shoot me a text or a call 949-678-8369

sintax

Reaction score
I have a set of “go treads” I can being you that will most likely get ya unstuck.. to tell ya the truth I have been dying to see them work.

if ya want I can bring em up there right now

Oh man, I totally appreciate the offer on that one, and I might take you up on it, but definitely not tonight. I think we’re gonna crash and hit it tomorrow.

The truck is off the trail a tiny bit so I’m not too worried about someone hitting it. My neighbor out in havasu is a Jeep dude, but I think he works tomorrow so he’s gonna he my first call. I just wanted to get the ball rolling on ideas.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wow, what a tough situation to be in. Best of luck getting yourself out. You know what they say no good deed goes unpunished.

LC925

Reaction score

if ya want I can bring em up there right now.

just shoot me a text or a call 949-678-8369

These would definitely work. My brother has a set of this style and they have been used in Glamis to get motorhomes unstuck under there own power numerous times. Impressive how well they work to be honest.
5AD71B48-506C-479B-BE61-5255302CA9C9.jpeg

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I am offering my truck as well 4x4 but I don’t have any straps or chains. But truck has hooks and a hitch.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Dave - if you want to grab my truck it has winch, strap, chains, and tow rope. I won’t be there until mid day.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I have a dually 4x4 and can help if needed, I am roughly 15/20 minutes away from PCove, my truck has stock tires so I can't go into the soft stuff, we would need some longer straps if it is close to the road so I can get some traction. I will check back a few times this morning to see if you got it or need the help.

Reactions: DWC

Dalton

Reaction score
I have a dually 4x4 and can help if needed, I am roughly 15/20 minutes away from PCove, my truck has stock tires so I can't go into the soft stuff, we would need some longer straps if it is close to the road so I can get some traction. I will check back a few times this morning to see if you got it or need the help.

Stock tires aired down can do some surprising things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickym20

Reaction score
Sintex, are you aired down at all? If you haven’t tried letting some air out, you can try letting air out to as low as your comfortable driving to nearest air pump. 15-20psi is my usual happy spot in sand but really not sure what you are driving.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Stock tires aired down can do some surprising things

Trust me, I know but not in this case if he is stuck where I think he may be. I used to have a place at Moabi/Pirates for a long time and I think I may know the area he is stuck in by the river, if it is the area I think it is the sand is soft as can be, have gotten a few trucks stuck there myself I would never venture taking my crewcab dually out on it.

sintax

Reaction score
I would be happy to help also. I have a capable keep w/ winch, straps, etc. on my way to work now (I’m in Mohave Valley) should be done about 9am and could come down there then.

That would be awesome man, I’m totally open to ideas. Can you PM me your number?

I am going to try to talk to the guys here once the store / gate opens. Maybe they have a guy I can call who they work with. I hate bugging people.

I really really should know better but my aunts were worried about my uncles so I figured I could try to get in there and pop them loose and spin around and get out ,
But just don’t have a good way to get up to speed to get out

And yes, it’s super sandy

sintax

Reaction score
Sintex, are you aired down at all? If you haven’t tried letting some air out, you can try letting air out to as low as your comfortable driving to nearest air pump. 15-20psi is my usual happy spot in sand but really not sure what you are driving.

Yea, I aired down before even getting out there , I didn’t have a gauge handy when I was doing it

sintax

Reaction score

Unfortunately it’s not close enough to snatch it from then road. I’m back a bit through 1 S turn

Joe mama

Reaction score
Bummer, but I’m sure with all the offers you’ll be good.
PS: don’t forget to post pic’s

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
strips of carpet work as well as those fancy plastic things Dave has. You may be able to find some old bunk carpet or something like that in the dumpster by the ramp.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Air that fucker down until almost flat. Straighten out your wheels and creep back and forth. Clear any piles of sand from your wheels and don't be throttle happy.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Man I wish i wasn’t 3hrs away. I would come get you out. Only have got to use my winch twice.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Send pics!! Wish I could help but won’t be out till tomorrow

nowski

Reaction score
What would one do if there was no internet or cell phones???

I'd dig some trenches behind the wheels, pour some water into them and fill them with rocks. Sometimes you have to get creative and use the resources that are available...

Back in the day we got stuck several times in the greasy mud in the hills surrounding Duck Creek Village. On one occasion we had to tie the truck to a couple of trees so it wouldn't slide down the side of the hill while walking back to get help...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Are there any Jeep guys or extraction guys that might be free tomorrow to help extract my truck from the sand at pirates??

I tried to do a good deed and get my uncles rzr unstuck and got myself in a bad spot. I thought I could extract him and get spun around, but fate had a different idea. No ones willing to take their truck in to try to rescue me.

I’m not buried, but I’m not in a great spot and I don’t want to make things worse so figured to call it a night.

I’m prob 60 ft off the main road, but just don’t can’t get a good enough run I think.

Can obviously offer cash
Pictures or it didn’t happen
👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆

bk2drvr

Reaction score
You are in off-road paradise so I don’t think you will have trouble finding someone to help you. You could even drive along the peninsula camp grounds and just look for someone with a capable rig. Most guys would jump at the chance to help. I’d do it but I won’t be out till tonight. I have a bunch of recovery gear.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
You aren’t the F250 with like a 15-18” lift are you? We saw one on Tuesday looked to be 40’s and buried.

Ladsm

Reaction score
post some pics of the extraction!!

sintax

Reaction score
@LHC30 came and saved the day!

Thanks so much Ted, it was great meeting you and talking during the adventure.

I don’t think I got any pics, but by the time we worked in it, we had it buried to the frame rails, and digging the skids.

Ted broke out the winch and broke me loose abd was able to make a run at the hill and romp my way up the hill and out of the dunes.

Thanks again bud!!!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
You dont think you got any pics? Come on - is that really possible?

WYRD

Reaction score

Since the op didn't come through on pictures here's some good recovery vids