WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stuck at pirates needles

CLdrinker

Reaction score
How about on a Class A motorhome? we talking the flexible ones or the rigid boards?
Never seen them used for a motorhome but they expensive ones are supposed to be very durable.
probably want 4 for a motor home.

I personally would never take a large motorhome near the sand with out a very good friend and 3/4 4x4 with good tires with me.

nowski

Reaction score
I didn't read through all the threads, did he get that rig out yet?

I did read one of the guys had a truck full of ladies wanting to help or was that a boat???

sintax

Reaction score
With the aid of the GoTreads???

If so looks like a good thing to keep in the trunk year round...

It was a combo of boards + a winch, but mainly a winch.

Ted happened to have winched me back up a little harder packed mound, it was a 20’ sprint to the base of that sand hill but I was able to carry enough speed to drive myself up it and put the other side.

I didn’t think I would have managed to hit that hill with enough speed, but somehow it all worked out, the truck stayed planted

sintax

Reaction score
Trust me, I know but not in this case if he is stuck where I think he may be. I used to have a place at Moabi/Pirates for a long time and I think I may know the area he is stuck in by the river, if it is the area I think it is the sand is soft as can be, have gotten a few trucks stuck there myself I would never venture taking my crewcab dually out on it.

Oh totally, that shits like sugar sand and as deep as can be. No hard pack under just tons of super soft sand

sintax

Reaction score
So I guess my sister snapped a pic from across the channel without me knowing.

6494670B-452C-49AD-BEFA-4A84E49B2633.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
Yep that looks pretty soft and deep

Haha ya, it was a mess, and that whole area is covered with thorns. Ted is one patient dude.

It wasn’t toooo bad before we got to moving it, but we got it way more stuck before it got better. This was after some trying to free it before using the winch

WYRD

Reaction score
Haha ya, it was a mess, and that whole area is covered with thorns. Ted is one patient dude.

It wasn’t toooo bad before we got to moving it, but we got it way more stuck before it got better. This was after some trying to free it before using the winch
yeah Ted's alright I suppose 🤣
Glad you got it out