WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stuck houseboat on Lake Mead.

srttruck

Reaction score
Dave Sparks "Heavy D" and his team is currently working on pulling him back into the water.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It is off already. Left over by Callville now.
290140723_10160467697254407_7980039075456218299_n.jpg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
do people really fall for the "omg i came back and the water level had dropped!" sob story? boo hoo buddy you cant just leave your junk wherever it dies.
Exactly. You would need to be out there asap repairing it.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
do people really fall for the "omg i came back and the water level had dropped!" sob story? boo hoo buddy you cant just leave your junk wherever it dies.
According to another YouTube video. He had engine problems, he beached it and in waiting for a mechanic the water levels get dropping. I believe they (govt) was going to charge him $10k/$20k to pull it out.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
According to another YouTube video. He had engine problems, he beached it and in waiting for a mechanic the water levels get dropping. I believe they (govt) was going to charge him $10k/$20k to pull it out.
Good. Gotta play by the rules. It sucks but oh well. Would we rather have the lake filled with these just rotting everywhere while people figure out their problems?

73F5969A-A159-412C-ABE2-A7424C57DA24.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
How did they drag it back into the water?

retaocleg

Reaction score
then by all means, keep doing it...........problem solved
maybe add a few golf courses and a few more 3k sq ft houses🙄

not taking their water, they are taking OUR water, those that live on the river.........

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
This is how his story got started. The local news and HeavydSparks picked it up from this youtuber.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
then by all means, keep doing it...........problem solved
maybe add a few golf courses and a few more 3k sq ft houses🙄

not taking their water, they are taking OUR water, those that live on the river.........
So I am just as pissed about this. We moved here mainly because of our love for the lake.

Vegas is allotted shit really. Racey will know the numbers better than I. 300,000 acre feet if I remember right. They use 240,000 of it.

The rest is from aquafers that Vegas was founded on. Vegas also is 98 percent efficient in putting that reclaimed water back into the lake.

grumpy88

Reaction score
So I am just as pissed about this. We moved here mainly because of our love for the lake.

Vegas is allotted shit really. Racey will know the numbers better than I. 300,000 acre feet if I remember right. They use 240,000 of it.

The rest is from aquafers that Vegas was founded on. Vegas also is 98 percent efficient in putting that reclaimed water back into the lake.
Yeah Reilly screwed us too ! He was bragging about boating mid week after work and having the boat home and parked in 30 minutes . I still have not been on the lake other then the dock ! We dont even go to our place in parker much anymore do to all the ass holes in the summer . I guess we didnt move far enough east .

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

I first learned of this from watching a fishing site - Sin City Outdoors. A father and son fishing/outdoor site. They came upon this guy, high and dry on Mead. A few people went to work and did all of the right things. The rest is in this video. If this is a VIN, I really don't give a F!

The prior post by HCP3 provides a good background to this conclusion. The recovery guys are known as HeavyDSpark on YouTube. Seem like good guys.

Last edited:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I'm surprised the way they made those mounting plates didn't rip the transom off.

Last edited:

propcheck

Reaction score
Hey Now this is not always the case. My boat was stuck on a beach once and it was not my fault . I blame Jack Daniels🤣 yep it is true. I was happily hanging out with friends and a buddy said Jack is here and then when I woke up it was dark and my boat was beached till morning due to what felt like an instant water level drop. 😂
See totally not my fault👍🏻

4Waters

Reaction score
Hey Now this is not always the case. My boat was stuck on a beach once and it was not my fault . I blame Jack Daniels🤣 yep it is true. I was happily hanging out with friends and a buddy said Jack is here and then when I woke up it was dark and my boat was beached till morning due to what felt like an instant water level drop. 😂
See totally not my fault👍🏻
I know that guy. Jack is a dick, he does pranks like that all the time

Runs2rch

Reaction score
To add it goes to show what cocksuckers NPS are.

They would have been better off letting them use that recovery rig. Would have taken way less time, and been way easier.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
We’re from the government and we’re here to help - those asshats did everything they could to stand in the way of good people trying to do good things. They we’re getting double time trying to prevent a successful fix, and they wonder why the public doesn’t trust/like/appreciate them - DUH

Wedgy

Reaction score
To add it goes to show what cocksuckers NPS are.

They would have been better off letting them use that recovery rig. Would have taken way less time, and been way easier.
We’re from the government and we’re here to help - those asshats did everything they could to stand in the way of good people trying to do good things. They we’re getting double time trying to prevent a successful fix, and they wonder why the public doesn’t trust/like/appreciate them - DUH
H Dave said NPS didn't want the boat back at the marina at Calville. IDT they want it on the lake period. I assumed he had a slip. IDK. He is lucky.
Funny Dave didn't tow it to the other marina where NPS wanted it, which was where Dave's crew launched from. He was going there anyway. :D p

Major Kudos to Sin City Outdoors, and all the YT viewers who blew up Heavy D. Next day response. Grassroots. That's good Karma.

Bad Karma is throwing rocks at a retired old Carpenter who ended up in a bad situation, that happenstance, good people and good Karma fixed.
Hope you never get stranded out alone, no-one will come help. The mechanic you do call shows up 4 days later. Maybe Sin City Outdoors comes.

I've woken up beached overnight on lake Shasta in Summer. Went down a foot overnight. I was lucky and was able to get it started, walk it off the beach side to side in forward. Reverse just sucked it down to the mud. 2 fishermen and a young boy showed up to help. Big Backbone on Shasta is a long way up. That's Karma.

Here's some more Karma. Later on that day, headed back to Bridge Bay when a huge storm came up, I saw them and rescued them stranded adrift in the main body of the lake, in 40 MPH winds, 3 foot wind waves in a box hulled houseboat. Kid was scared shitless. So was I. Towed them back towards Bridge Bay until they got the outboard started. Away they went!

Happy endings are always nice.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Our very first house boat trip, from Willow Beach on Lake Mohave. The day before we had entered a well protected Cove on the north end of the lake due to extreme winds, ran our bow well onto the beach (no anchors were provided). Spent a great night. Next morning we were unable to back the houseboat off the beach, even with our old Tahiti pulling. Took a good look at the situation and announced, OK crew - we just need to transfer some cargo. When we loaded the boat the day before for ease of loading, numerous cases of beer, soda and water were stacked upon the bow deck. Once we moved all of those cases, mostly beer, to the back deck, we backed right off with ease.

Nordie

Reaction score
I feel for the guy, but according to NPS you cannot live full time in the park, I believe it's like 6 weeks max or something like that. I thinks thats what they were most upset about.

Those rangers sat there the whole time which I think was kind of douchey. Personally I think if he would have never let people know he was living on it the NPS probably wouldn't have been so angry about it, or that it went so public.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I watched both vids yesterday. Happiness all the way around.

I do think the NPS were media pressured into granting the permit to Heavy D when 1/2 of youtube became involved. I am sure they never thought the boat could be extracted in that manner. The Diesel Brothers came with a successful idea, fabbed parts, and a whole shit ton of experience.

That beat up, worn out old dude had no resources to deal with the NPS and I believe they just wanted Friday to expire so they could kick the dude off and throw the boat in the trash. Then, of course, give him the bill.