WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stupid Commercials

ssc

Reaction score
I try to not watch much regular TV because I dislike commercials. However, I occasionally watch some of the old sit-coms and the wife has her "shows" that she watches. As I observe regular TV, it seems like there is 17 minutes of the program and 13 minutes of ludicrous, stupid, insult your intelligence commercials. I drive the wife crazy with my comments regarding the commercials and usually walk out. (That's the part she likes. I think she turns on regular TV just to piss me off. 😁, but I luv her anyway.)

However, I have observed a trend with at least 75% of these commercials, in addition to the above comments. Maybe it is me, but has anyone else observed any trends in about 75% of these asinine commercials? I'll keep my mouth shut as to the so called trend I see, as I may be overly sensitive or wrong. I just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else has observed a particular trend.

Cheers, Steve

DLC

Reaction score
Commercials suck! Always pushing some wacko agenda, used to be the single mom and then a minority single mom then single dads.....

it all blows..... thank god the election is over! Only time schools and health care are an issue is during an election year

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I try to not watch much regular TV because I dislike commercials. However, I occasionally watch some of the old sit-coms and the wife has her "shows" that she watches. As I observe regular TV, it seems like there is 17 minutes of the program and 13 minutes of ludicrous, stupid, insult your intelligence commercials. I drive the wife crazy with my comments regarding the commercials and usually walk out. (That's the part she likes. I think she turns on regular TV just to piss me off. 😁, but I luv her anyway.)

However, I have observed a trend with at least 75% of these commercials, in addition to the above comments. Maybe it is me, but has anyone else observed any trends in about 75% of these asinine commercials? I'll keep my mouth shut as to the so called trend I see, as I may be overly sensitive or wrong. I just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else has observed a particular trend.

Cheers, Steve
I try to distinguish in my mind whether or not it was like that before all the political bs or if the political bs caused me to actually notice.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Commercials show how far the educated think they have dumb down America. They pour more woke moments into the presentations and still get less results. When I was in grade school we read and discussed in length, the book "The Emperor Has No Clothes". They don't let kids read that book anymore. I wonder why?

sirbob

Reaction score
Oh there is a trend all right..,

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Yeah I can't watch broadcast TV either, every commercial has to have every race represented regardless of their percentage in the overall population. Then there's the whole gay and trans BS. It seems that interracial racial couples are the majority now, who knew.

And the one that pisses me off the most is all the pussies with masks on in a damn commercial. Really?!? Try to Push the BS agenda a little more why don't you.

Go-Fly is spot on, they have dumbed down commercials and of no surprise the masses just went along with it and probably didn't even notice.

poncho

Reaction score

Cheers, Steve
I make my Wife so miserable with my comments she can get to the remote faster than me now.:D
I watch very little TV now so when i do i'm not going to be sitting there being programmed by liberal Hollywierd.

2Driver

Reaction score
Bi racial couples?

Ha that’s 50% of the commercials now.

The new Nissan Rouge one is my favorite with fat cracker the subservient husband in the passenger seat. Next one will be him in the 3rd row behind their kids with them making a mockery of him.

Cdog

Reaction score
13% of the population in 80% of all the commercials & media. Approximately 3 million of that 13% are currently incarcerated.

They’re trying to”sell” you on a message even”they” know is bull shit. Females seem to be the most susceptible to this kind of conditioning.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This was arguably one of the best car commercials ever. It’s a case study in simplicity of message.

Contrast that to today, where advertisers make mini-movies with casts and plotlines...half the time, viewers can’t even recall what product the fucking commercial is pedaling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I can't listem to regular radio anymore because of all the ads. I only have Pandora going or XM.

I don't have TV but do watch a lot of YouTube. Until I downloaded an adblocker I watched the stupid ads. One particular ad for a Alexia or one of those type devices showed a couple laying in bed. The woman is sitting up reading a book while the "man" is in the subservient position with his head on her shoulder. He exclaims that he heard a noise and acts like a scared school girl while the woman asks the device to show the hallway on the tv. It is a perfect example of their agenda to pussify men and make them into women.

It's just more Agenda 21 crap.

2Driver

Reaction score
13% of the population in 80% of all the commercials & media. Approximately 3 million of that 13% are currently incarcerated.

They’re trying to”sell” you on a message even”they” know is bull shit. Females seem to be the most susceptible to this kind of conditioning.

Speaking of lousy ads did you sell your boat? ;)

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I have even noticed ads that have flipped 180 and don’t include any Caucasians. Example Spectrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssc

Reaction score
Glad to see I am not the only person to see these so called "trends." Definitely, plenty of bullshit is being thrown our way.

Cheers, Steve

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
There's still good stuff on Netflix in spite of some of the feelings about them on this forum. I always say that if you don't like something, don't watch it.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
“I LOVE IT”

that fucking couple in the third year in a row this time of year, in regards to GMC vehicles.

I Fucking HATE it!