WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stupid people

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we had 5 different idiots park at our fire station (in no parking areas) and leave their cars there. 3 of them parked in an area in a way that they blocked the fire fighters parking area and engine access to the hydrant fill area. A fourth one pulled in and parked in front of the bay doors blocking the engine from leaving the building. When she was told to move she parked in front of our hydrant............The 5th car was the winner. A drunk woman pulled in front of the bays doors, climbed in the back seat and passed out. Took the cops 3 hours to figure out how to deal with her!!!!! I think it's time to use the deuce and a half and it's winch and move them our self.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Incredible! Just when you think you've seen it all we had two families pull onto our station driveway in front of the apparatus bay doors. Pull out all of their fire works, (4th of July), and proceed to set up chairs and light the fireworks off. Mind you, we were in an area that possession of fireworks was illegal, let alone firing them off. Our prevention officer had a field day!

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
sleep.jpg
It seems to be getting worse as well!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Yesterday we had 5 different idiots park at our fire station (in no parking areas) and leave their cars there. 3 of them parked in an area in a way that they blocked the fire fighters parking area and engine access to the hydrant fill area. A fourth one pulled in and parked in front of the bay doors blocking the engine from leaving the building. When she was told to move she parked in front of our hydrant............The 5th car was the winner. A drunk woman pulled in front of the bays doors, climbed in the back seat and passed out. Took the cops 3 hours to figure out how to deal with her!!!!! I think it's time to use the deuce and a half and it's winch and move them our self.
I feel your pain sir. I really do. Job security is a wonderful thing though.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Fucking amazing. I am just dumb founded by what people will do....

Let's see , if their house was on fire they would be pissed that ol gramps and his fire truck couldn't get out..... [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I think it's time to use the deuce and a half and it's winch and move them our self.

I have no doubt that the FD guys here (Saskatoon) wouldn't bother with a winch. The bumper on one of their trucks would get a 'working test'.
I wouldn't want to own a car that was blocking a door if they ever got a call.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mind blowing that ANYONE would even consider pulling into a fire station to park. That would never even enter into my thoughts.:rolleyes:

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
This could be a good thread....
Here are my top few!
Bring me bottled water because tap water isn't good enough.

Turn my light off, I don't want to get off of the couch.

CPAP machine wasn't working... Plugged it in

Check my bed for snakes. She knew they were there because she could hear them talking

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
People that park in front of a runaway truck ramp thinking it’s a good place to have a picnic. :eek:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Old saying

"God must love stupid people, he sure made a lot of them"

The only reason I would ever dream of parking at a fd or Leo lot is if I had business there.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I used to threaten my kids that I would drop them off at the fire station if they were bad.

Here the FD will accept babies no questions asked.. LOL

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The only reason I would ever park at a station house would be if there were an injured person and they were closer than the hospital. To me, when on shift, it's their home. I don't park in other people's driveways or yards...just makes sense.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
jaws of life come in pretty handy right about then....

Then a tow to the inpound yard.

Eff'm...stupidos