WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

summer water temp compared to havasu/mohave/mead?

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Never been to Martinez (or even Parker) and the lower river areas. BUT I have boated the colorado between Laughlin/Bullhead and down past topock to the top of Havasu. And the water temperature in the main body of the river is a lot cooler than in the calm shallow areas of the big lakes.

BUT as i said, i have not been to the martinez area. it looks shallow and slow flowing, so i might be a good deal warmer than the wider faster flowing parts of the river. is that true? is martinez as warm as say, a calm shallow cove in havasu?

-peter

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Peter,

We were out this past weeked (11/3) and the water has cooled down ALOT. The dog will still play in it, but when I walked out to take a leak, it was COLD....... Also, from past experience, it's going to get alot colder before it warms up again.....

teded

Reaction score
Skied in parker this weekend, put a pool thermometer in the water , it was between 68- 70 down by badenochs

Sent from space somehow

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Peter,

We were out this past weeked (11/3) and the water has cooled down ALOT. The dog will still play in it, but when I walked out to take a leak, it was COLD....... Also, from past experience, it's going to get alot colder before it warms up again.....

thanks for the report! looks like i have the "little brother" of your boat, too.

18' bowrider with 2.0L Merc power:

St.%2520George-20120620-00079.jpg

plus, i'm originally from san diego too--before i moved up to santa barbara.

-peter