WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sundance for Sale again.

cofooter

Reaction score
Norm and team gave it a good go!

Sundance Saloon, Parker, Az.

This is an opportunity to be a part of something huge. One of the most iconic spots on the Colorado River is for sale by our company, Mohave Realty, Inc. - The Sundance Saloon. Situated on over .84 acres of prime commercial real estate with approx. 300 ft of Colorado River frontage, the views go on forever. The building interior space alone is approximately 18,000 sq ft boasting multiple bars - indoor and outdoor, plenty of space for entertainment and additionally, a venue for concerts, weddings, etc. that has a 600 person capacity. This property is nothing short of an absolute historical landmark. THE place to be on the water. Please inquire by calling my personal cell at 847-704-0694 for more info and complete details. This business opportunity is one of a kind.
Let's talk about your options.
Offered at $4,500,000
Listed by Rauly Ballas, Mohave Realty, Inc.
Call me for more details, Carrie Swift, The Swift Team, Mohave Realty, Inc. anytime at 847-704-0694

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Seasonal business and no parking for the cheapskate winter crowd exacerbates that.
$4.5Mn's - that's a lot of 2 'fer $1 upside down beer specials to cover that nut.

Last edited:

getreal

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210217-084944_Chrome.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
It's a shame some rich-head couldn't come and buy it as a lost-loser and restore it to show its history.
Wouldn't take much to make it kid-friendly either. . . it's only money LOL.
Kid friendly is whats wrong with the bars now . They were bars in there glory days now they are restaruants that also serve food .

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Kid friendly is whats wrong with the bars now . They were bars in there glory days now they are restaruants that also serve food .
I agree . . . I was just thinking to draw more traffic, but what do i know.
I think the days of 'packing that place' with partiers are long gone, never to return unfortunately.
I'd rather see it preserved than than torn down or mysteriously burned.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Jim Shubin...... The original owner, actually sold the bar several times over the years. He always held the mortgage, so when new owners defaulted, the bar came back to him. However, it was finally sold outright, in the early 2000’s, but Jim still owns much of the land near the bar. Mainly across the Hwy.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The whole thing is about to fall down or catch fire and the docks are falling apart. That and there has always been rumors of sewer issues, for many years the shitters just dumped into the river, thats what got them closed down many years ago. The value is the land, not much else is worth anything. The amount of money it would take to restore it is staggering.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So.... It's been listed twice for 4.5mil. Current owner picked it up for 1.8mil, couldnt turn a profit, so now he lists it again for 4.5 mil. Yeah, I dont see it selling anytime soon.
Dave and Stacey should offer him $900K, then turn it into RDP HQ.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
So if a restaurant wanted to lease it out from the owner what would the monthly rent be? $20000/mo would be $240K a year or a 6% return on $4M

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The whole thing is about to fall down or catch fire and the docks are falling apart. That and there has always been rumors of sewer issues, for many years the shitters just dumped into the river, thats what got them closed down many years ago. The value is the land, not much else is worth anything. The amount of money it would take to restore it is staggering.

My wife handled the legal case about the sewer. It has been resolved, since the Sundance is now hooked up to the new sewer line. Dispute is over. Oh..... it took more than 10 years of litigation. What a story I could tell. Lol

Your ad here

Reaction score
With social media these days I don't ever think bars could be like they were in the 80's. I was born in 89 but would hear stories of people saying that their PE teacher would be in the wet t shirt contest. The only thing that came of it is their dad would drop them off and pick them up from school the following week. I wish I had a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor.

traquer

Reaction score
I wish I could have been to this place in its glory days! Heard it was packed all weekend but as a much better version of Kokomos.

Hope someone does something off the wall and makes it a hotspot again that's profitable for them

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
With social media these days I don't ever think bars could be like they were in the 80's. I was born in 89 but would hear stories of people saying that their PE teacher would be in the wet t shirt contest. The only thing that came of it is their dad would drop them off and pick them up from school the following week. I wish I had a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor.
Yup, my wife's picture is on the wall, crazy, I was probably one of the dudes in the audience losing my mind during the wet t shirt contest and one of them turned out to be my wife. Would have been great to know if we were both there on the same nights. Then again I dont remember much from that whole river era. The macho man contests were pretty comical though.

You could not drive a car out of the parking lot with a buzz because the CRIT police were always waiting outside, but you could get carried down the docks and loaded into your 1000 hp flat bottom and just pin it out into the darkness with no issues. I remember hearing the exhausts flying out into the darkness and waiting to see if we heard a impact, different times.

Icky

Reaction score
I don't think you'll ever seen the foam parties and the strip club open again.
Personally I think the only thing to do to bring in business to the bar is turned it into a hotel and put slips in. The water is usually rough in that area, and your boat just bounces off the dock.

Or knock it down and build condos.... either way I think the property is worth more as just dirt.

HCP3

Reaction score
I don't think you'll ever seen the foam parties and the strip club open again.
Personally I think the only thing to do to bring in business to the bar is turned it into a hotel and put slips in. The water is usually rough in that area, and your boat just bounces off the dock.

Or knock it down and build condos.... either way I think the property is worth more as just dirt.

Would the Parker sewer system be able to handle high density condos/hotels?

wishiknew

Reaction score
That place has a reputation of catching on fire all by itself ?????

2Driver

Reaction score
Seasonal business and no parking for the cheapskate winter crowd exacerbates that.
$4.5Mn's,, that a lot of 2 fer's $1 beer specials to cover that nut.

Exactly, if it was priced to revenue it would be closer to $800k. But you can’t blame the owner for trying to pick up a buyer in these panic buying times.

It once was and will probably never be again. Glad I was there to be part of it in the 80’s-90’s.

Last edited:

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score

Here’s a story for you.....

When I was in high school, you only had to be 19 to drink in AZ. They checked the front door for ID real good, but the dock was a completely different story, as mentioned in a previous post.

So my buddy and I invite 4 girls from my high school for a weekend. If they are not all cheerleaders, they are cheerleader material, if you know what I mean. All 4 are either 16 or 17. Well.... after a day of drinking, all 4 decide to enter the wet t-shirt contest. One by one, they get disqualified for nudity. My buddy and I were real hero’s when word got out at my high school. Needless to say........ everyone wanted to go to the river.

An earlier description of the 1000hp flatty leaving the dock and into the distance at night is...... absolutely spot on correct. It’s was even wilder than his description. There would be drag boat races at night, right in front of the bar, with what appeared to be, thousands cheering. Boy..... was that the good old days!

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
Yup, my wife's picture is on the wall, crazy, I was probably one of the dudes in the audience losing my mind during the wet t shirt contest and one of them turned out to be my wife. Would have been great to know if we were both there on the same nights. Then again I dont remember much from that whole river era. The macho man contests were pretty comical though.

You could not drive a car out of the parking lot with a buzz because the CRIT police were always waiting outside, but you could get carried down the docks and loaded into your 1000 hp flat bottom and just pin it out into the darkness with no issues. I remember hearing the exhausts flying out into the darkness and waiting to see if we heard a impact, different times.
My river neighbor also met his wife there and her picture is also still on the wall, haha.

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
The lines to get in were crazy. We didn't care, we were 17/18 as well and trying to pass a fake ID. Most of the time, it worked........... about that same timeframe, we'd swim over there from Echo for the afternoon wet T-shirt contst. One time, my buddy got so drunk, he could not swim back. So, we swam back and he did not show up that night. Turns out he got popped walking back for Drunk in Public and spent the night in jail. Damn, those were fun times.........

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jim Shubin...... The original owner, actually sold the bar several times over the years. He always held the mortgage, so when new owners defaulted, the bar came back to him. However, it was finally sold outright, in the early 2000’s, but Jim still owns much of the land near the bar. Mainly across the Hwy.

I thought he was still carrying the paper on it.. Does Norm own it outright now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The lines to get in were crazy. We didn't care, we were 17/18 as well and trying to pass a fake ID. Most of the time, it worked........... about that same timeframe, we'd swim over there from Echo for the afternoon wet T-shirt contst. One time, my buddy got so drunk, he could not swim back. So, we swam back and he did not show up that night. Turns out he got popped walking back for Drunk in Public and spent the night in jail. Damn, those were fun times.........

Did he get caught on the California side? AZ doesn’t have drunk in public laws To my knowledge

cofooter

Reaction score
Did joy and her husband own it , or just manage it? I use to run the un sponsored water shuttle there from 1am to 4am, lots of good times.
Investors, I believe. Norm is listed a property owner.

cofooter

Reaction score
Did he get caught on the California side? AZ doesn’t have drunk in public laws To my knowledge
This was 1980, 81, somewhere in there. Don't remember, but he was on his way to or from the damn to walk back to Echo.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think someone could take what it is and work with it. I went there once after it opened back up. Terrible food and drinks. It also had a weird vibe to it. At least when I was there. Workers seemed to treat it as a hang out more than a place of business. It was just a one time observation as I never returned due to my experience.

If there is a good vibe, good food and drinks that's the winning combo on the river.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here’s a story for you.....

When I was in high school, you only had to be 19 to drink in AZ. They checked the front door for ID real good, but the dock was a completely different story, as mentioned in a previous post.

So my buddy and I invite 4 girls from my high school for a weekend. If they are not all cheerleaders, that are cheerleader material, if you know what I mean. All 4 are either 16 or 17. Well.... after a day of drinking, all 4 decide to enter the wet t-shirt contest. One by one, they get disqualified for nudity. My buddy and I were real hero’s when word got out at my high school. Needless to say........ everyone wanted to go to the river.

An earlier description of the 1000hp flatty leaving the dock and into the distance at night is...... absolutely spot on correct. It’s was even wilder than his description. There would be drag boat races at night, right in front of the bar, with what appeared to be, thousands cheering. Boy..... was that the good old days!

What about a certain Kona that disappeared into the night? :D

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
One of the problems in earlier times was how much it cost the owner in labor, just to open. It literally takes 4 times the number of employees as it would take at Fox’s because it was 18,000 square feet. One of the early new owners sectioned off the bar, so that they did not have to open up the whole thing just to do business. The early days were insane!

Just so you know how old I am...... I have been in all 4 Sundances. Yes 4. However, one burnt down so fast, I was only in that one once. The first one was very similar to Fox’s. A small floating bar with dock. I crawled in packing a diaper! Lol I was actually a little older. Maybe 5,6, or 7

Boatcop might remember this, but in the 60’s they had a thing in the lower river valley called “The Shoot”. It was an agricultural dam on a water canal. When it would be open, it made for a wild ride, for the those who jumped into the blasting water, that shot you several hundred yards down range.... if not more. You would go out there and there would be a ton of people either going off the shoot or spectating. It was a real party. It was shut down when I turned 8.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
What about a certain Kona that disappeared into the night? :D

On that incident...... I actually had to swim across the river at night, near the Dam. I was staying at my friend Toms house. You guys might know him too, he owned the Paradise Cafe. I had to go way past his house on the Ca side, so that I could compensate for the current. I literally swam to his dock without a swim stroke to spare. My friend, swimming with me, made land at moonridge. I don’t even want to tell you what happened to the Kona! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On that incident...... I actually had to swim across the river at night, near the Dam. I was staying at my friend Toms house. You guys might know him too, he owned the Paradise Cafe. I had to go way past his house on the Ca side, so that I could compensate for the current. I literally swam to his dock without a swim stroke to spare. My friend, swimming with me, made land at moonridge. I don’t even want to tell you what happened to the Kona! Lol

The statute of limitations has long passed buddy.. Tell the story! It is literally one of my favorite river stories of all time, and too good not to share with the whole group. LOL "Your Friend". :D :D

RD

Ty N

Reaction score
Did joy and her husband own it , or just manage it? I use to run the un sponsored water shuttle there from 1am to 4am, lots of good times.
They just ran it.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The statute of limitations has long passed buddy.. Tell the story! It is literally one of my favorite river stories of all time, and too good not to share with the whole group. LOL "Your Friend". :D :D

RD

It takes too long..... I will be typing forever, if I want to do the story, in the way it deserves, because it is a wild story! Funny, stupid, drinking, it covers it all!

Your ad here

Reaction score

I know the feeling about taking off into the darkness. Years ago at Ocotillo Wells we are partying. Brother hops on his 18hp XR50 and takes off into the darkness. I'm thinking wtf and his headlight was broke. Listening and hear 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then silence. 5 minutes later he walks into camp with the bike and broken sandals. He rode off the topside of a shallow berm and wiped out.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Video it is.. LOL

RD

Since the story includes the following, I am not sure I want the grief from those that don’t care for negligent boating.

High speed night boating with out lights
A conflict with anther boater in which I intentionally and “successfully” try to sink him, in front of Sundance with my jetovator. He stole my lights!
And a completely totaled boat..... mine
A night time high speed jump. I aired the boat at least a hundred yards..... if not more (This is where the story gets the wow factor. I am sure I must hold some unspoken record)
And I was drunk as hell

I just edited and added a fact. The boat I caused to sink, stole my lights earlier in the evening while I was at Roadrunner.

Last edited:

Dana757

Reaction score
Awhile back I was sitting at the bar at Roadrunner minding my business. A lady about my age was sitting next to me. So 20 something kid asks her what the river was like back in the day. She didn’t skip a beat, points at me and says “she was getting fucked in front of Sundance”. lmao I was like so were you! 😂😂

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I remember there was a house to the south of the place that looked like it had grass on the roof and there was a float plane always parked there, rumor was it was the owners house, yes / no?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I remember there was a house to the south of the place that looked like it had grass on the roof and there was a float plane always parked there, rumor was it was the owners house, yes / no?

I believe the house with the grass roof originally belonged to Clayton's dad who is often credited with inventing the Jetski. From what I understood I believe he designed the steering system for it, but others say he came up with the whole thing. I'm not sure which is true.. I heard Kawasaki tried to screw him later on the royalties.

RD

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
That is Clayton Jacobson’s house. He invented the jet ski!