WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sundance sign

waterhorse

Reaction score
How funny, i remember seeing them at rock palace....Singers name was animal or something, shit you can remember 35 years later.

I saw them at Rock Palace and Sundance, damn cool times. Buddy of mine family had 2 places next door (upriver) to the Rock Palace. I believe the drummer was called Animal and when the band took a break he would'nt stop he'd just do a 20 minute drum solo. They were'nt called The Snowmen just 'cause they were cool.:)
Greg

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Sundance...

Attachments

• colorado river parker 1984 sundance 1-L.jpg
    colorado river parker 1984 sundance 1-L.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 41

triangleman

Reaction score
Anyone remember the tall blonde with a huge rack that seemed like she was always in a white bikini and always around? Probably early 90's

apachelover

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone remember the boat named "kryptonite" on the Parker strip. It was the biggest boat out there in the early 90's.

reliable1

Reaction score
I dont remember Kryptonite but I do remember a big boat called Honcho from back then:thumbsup

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
If its open it will be packed from people like us wanting to go down memory lane!! I could care less what it looks like!! Serve up some cold ones and I'm there!! I will miss memorial but we will be there June 7,8,9!! I think it's awesome someone is putting money back into it!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Anyone remember the 70's? When it was still the floating bar??

I remember it being so crowed, your feet were in the water inside, cause the fucking place was sinking! lol

mobldj

Reaction score
and I will be there 4th of july weekend,man we had some fun in there,even won the macho man contest once.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
and I will be there 4th of july weekend,man we had some fun in there,even won the macho man contest once.

No shit?? Were you the short fat guy with the pink hat, and the yellow daisy on the front?? Every time I went, that was the guy that always won!!! lol

One time...

Some huge muscle bound dude, got up and started doing Real weight lifting poses. He ended up getting boo'd off the stage, people were throwing trash at him, and he started crying an flipping everybody off!! The crowd was going crazy laughing, while he went crying off the side of the stage.

As soon as he left, the little fat guy came out, and everyone started applauding. Man those were some really fun days...

:drink

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone remember the 70's? When it was still the floating bar??

I remember it being so crowed, your feet were in the water inside, cause the fucking place was sinking! lol

I'm pretty doped up right now but I don't think Sundance was ever a true floating bar?

cave

Reaction score
Sounds like those were some good times back then. Is this reopening gunna be some Geriatric wheel chair get together? :eek :D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Sounds like those were some good times back then. Is this reopening gunna be some Geriatric wheel chair get together? :eek :D

And Cave is in it to win it....:D

Its looking pretty shoe string budget but thats not to say it won't fly.

Boatcop was pretty insistent that it could NEVER reopen until the sewer could be connected. Wonder what the work around was there?

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
And Cave is in it to win it....:D

Its looking pretty shoe string budget but thats not to say it won't fly.

Boatcop was pretty insistent that it could NEVER reopen until the sewer could be connected. Wonder what the work around was there?

Porta-potty's? A shit load of them lol

Reaction score

Lol.

All the grey haired guys from here are going to be rocking out.

mobldj

Reaction score
No shit?? Were you the short fat guy with the pink hat, and the yellow daisy on the front?? Every time I went, that was the guy that always won!!! lol

One time...

Some huge muscle bound dude, got up and started doing Real weight lifting poses. He ended up getting boo'd off the stage, people were throwing trash at him, and he started crying an flipping everybody off!! The crowd was going crazy laughing, while he went crying off the side of the stage.

As soon as he left, the little fat guy came out, and everyone started applauding. Man those were some really fun days...

:drink

that was me!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Memorial should be quite lucrative for them, 1000 people stop by and drop $100 each, you do the math:thumbsup what's the capacity of that place?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Memorial should be quite lucrative for them, 1000 people stop by and drop $100 each, you do the math:thumbsup what's the capacity of that place?

Depends on how much of it they open. If it's just the bar area, not a whole lot. If the dance floor area is open, there is additional seating there, but most of it is dance floor. If the open the upper deck, there is a lot of space up there as well.

But like you said, no one is gonna "camp out" in that place. Drop in, have a few beers and move on.

They are gonna have to sell a whole of beers to pay for all the work that needs to be done!!!

Live bands and dancing keep people around and drinking...hint hint. ;)

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Oh man. Went to that place one time, and one time only. A bunch of friends went to Wheeler Inn for the weekend, and long story short I met my wife. She was part of the same group, we went to Sundance Saturday night and I think we had a bunch of those blue huuicanes or something. Played pool til I could not see the cue ball. That night, went back to the lovely Motel 6 and then BLAM, the Landers earthquake hit. wow, that was like, 20 years ago!

linus3

Reaction score
Anyone remember the tall blonde with a huge rack that seemed like she was always in a white bikini and always around? Probably early 90's

Yes I do because there was only one of her kind that could put on a show like that. Funny thing is we kept in touch with her. She is changed person for the better. I think she got it all out of her system when she was young. My next favorite boat back in that era was Goosebumps. Had a matching smaller version called Goose Bumpster. They were based out of Echo Lodge. Good people :thumbsup

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Oh man. Went to that place one time, and one time only. A bunch of friends went to Wheeler Inn for the weekend, and long story short I met my wife. She was part of the same group, we went to Sundance Saturday night and I think we had a bunch of those blue huuicanes or something. Played pool til I could not see the cue ball. That night, went back to the lovely Motel 6 and then BLAM, the Landers earthquake hit. wow, that was like, 20 years ago!

Right on! :thumbup: Knew right off she was a 'river' person... no explaining necessary :)

linus3

Reaction score
Or the time Robbie Gordon had his boat tied to the dock at closing. Had the screws half in the water, pinned it and soaked everyone on the dock waiting for the boat shuttle. I just remember beer cans flying in his direction as he pulled away.

Summer Boater Winter Offroader

Reaction score
I used to roost people back in 1985, I was 18 and all pissed off because AZ changed legal from 18 to 21. This was the boat. That's my dad in the boat.
hyqehaze.jpg

teded

Reaction score
mahama9e.jpg
late 70s . 2 for 1 all day

Sent from space somehow

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Ol Ronnie Regan changed the drinking age nationwide, and thats when fat lady sung.

Sundance was what it was, BECAUSE of the drinking age in AZ! When it became 21 nationwide, there wasn't anything special about it anymore. It's just another bar on the river.

If they really want that place to do well, the better cater to the snowbirds in the winter! :p

boatnam2

Reaction score
Ol Ronnie Regan changed the drinking age nationwide, and thats when fat lady sung.

Sundance was what it was, BECAUSE of the drinking age in AZ! When it became 21 nationwide, there wasn't anything special about it anymore. It's just another bar on the river.

If they really want that place to do well, the better cater to the snowbirds in the winter! :p

18 Was great lol, only caught the end of it....Funny how times change, back then Sundance was the place and la paz was a shit hole for dirt dwellers like myself...Now the pirate is packed 24/7 and Sundance not so much, but we will see maybe the old sundance will make a comeback even if its only for a few weekends.

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score

Hello Macho Man Alum.... HA,HA, Mid 90's up there for a river trip and softball tourney. Went in for a few beers. Things got out of hand, lost track of time. Next you know Ive got a 3 ft trophy, some money for the boys and the wife at the front entrance looking for me. oops!!

mobldj

Reaction score
its all in the peter meter,real hunks never had a chance.my tubby little butt with my t shirt between my legs making the hump moves was all it took. cant wait to go there again.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hello Macho Man Alum.... HA,HA, Mid 90's up there for a river trip and softball tourney. Went in for a few beers. Things got out of hand, lost track of time. Next you know Ive got a 3 ft trophy, some money for the boys and the wife at the front entrance looking for me. oops!!

Typical river behavior...

:thumbsup

Nerf

Reaction score
I remember back when I was a kid and we'd come up every year the river around Sundance would be PACKED with boats... we'd boat by there but mom and dad never let me have more than a glance or two toward the place. I do recall the boat advertising the wet Tshirt contests! I >so< looked forward to being old enough to go in. By the time I was old enough it was gone and I was heartbroken. Dad and I talked about that place ever since, telling me about all the debauchery I missed out on. Now MY kids are old enough to go in and dad passed away last year, he'd have loved to see it reopened! I see it's projected for a June 7 opening which is interesting...that's the weekend we'll be in town for our 23rd anniversary (and my youngest daughter's 21st birthday!). May have to stop by and hoist one (or 6) for him!