WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sunday BBQ..Attempting a Wagyu Brisket

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Picked up a 9lb "Wagyu" Brisket today at the HEB (yes..non-texans be jealous of the glorious HEB). Injected it with my concoction, then did a dry rub over the whole thing. Hoping it will be done about 9-10pm. Made some smoked chicken breast as well for the wife/kiddo for dinner. I absolutely hated this Weber pellet grill/smoker for a while with all of its issues but after the 2.0 parts rebuild its been flawless. I'll do a taste test update tomorrow...Ive been watching for one of these to go on sale.. at $100 I was a no..$50 I said fuggit. Talk about a pellet burn though!

Anyone else grilling/smoking today?
Brisket 2.PNG
Brisket wrapped .PNG

Chicken1.PNG

FishSniper

Reaction score
Picked up a 9lb "Wagyu" Brisket today at the HEB (yes..non-texans be jealous of the glorious HEB). Injected it with my concoction, then did a dry rub over the whole thing. Hoping it will be done about 9-10pm. Made some smoked chicken breast as well for the wife/kiddo for dinner. I absolutely hated this Weber pellet grill/smoker for a while with all of its issues but after the 2.0 parts rebuild its been flawless. I'll do a taste test update tomorrow...Ive been watching for one of these to go on sale.. at $100 I was a no..$50 I said fuggit. Talk about a pellet burn though!

Anyone else grilling/smoking today?
View attachment 1003119 View attachment 1003120
View attachment 1003118
I bbqd some Waygu steaks for the first time yesterday. Turned out great I bet the brisket will turn out really good.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The HEB is great, love that place.

Looks like you have better weather than the Dallas area does.

love and hate cooking brisket. The anticipation for 14hrs drive me crazy.

looking forward to your update.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I smoked a 15lb brisket two weeks ago. By far the largest I have done on my GMG. It was the best one to date. Forgot to take pictures after drinking all day.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I lived in Austin in 1990–1992, and loved the HEB off of the 183......

how come there’s no HEB’s near Dallas?????
Really miss the HEB...

Sherpa

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
brisket fresh.jpg
brisket 2 cut.jpg
brisket 3 cut.jpg
beggars.jpg

It turned out damn good...I'll do a post tomorrow with what I used to make rub/injection.

1 cut was much more fatty, but both were just wow. The beggars didn't complain either hahahaha

Sooo ? 🤔 how long before my invite shows up 🤔😎

Tom you know you always are welcome! @TITTIES AND BEER my house is a revolving door...and anyone is welcome so long as they are good people..If you're ever in the area don't hesitate to swing by.

I smoked a 15lb brisket two weeks ago. By far the largest I have done on my GMG. It was the best one to date. Forgot to take pictures after drinking all day.

Well I ran out of beers and moved on to rye whiskey lol. It's epic...ive made a few briskets now..and nothing like this one. I'll defiantly do this again. Right at 15lbs of pellets burned.

The HEB is great, love that place.

Looks like you have better weather than the Dallas area does.

love and hate cooking brisket. The anticipation for 14hrs drive me crazy.

looking forward to your update.

HEB is something else..one of the biggest things I will miss when we eventually move. Hopefully we can connect next time you are in town. It's been hit or miss today weather wise but not too bad..just wrapped up a bonfire out in the backyard while waiting on the meat to "rest". I've played with my injection and rub recipes enough now that I have on that I'm really happy with. Ponzu sauce mixed in the injection is my "secret" ingredient. My wife had to box it up otherwise we would have ate it all in one sitting hahaha

Only thing I won't do again is pulled pork...way to labor/time intensive. I do a lot of ribs/salmon. I like the 4 hour window (outside of prep). This one wrapped up right at 9hours + rest time.

I'll probably add one more post tomorrow, but I really didn't deviate much from how I would do a normal brisket..I just pulled off 10 degrees earlier

I can’t be the only one... What is HEB?

Ever heard the Jack Black song "greatest song in the world" Well image the best grocery store you can think of...then imagine it is in reality just a "tribute" to the greatest grocery store in the world...then you may for a moment understand the absolute epic experience known as THE HEB, let alone an HEB Plus.. 🤣 HEB is that good...can't really say much more than that. It's a total south Texas thing..and its the only place ive ever preferred the house brands over the name brands... Not to mention the stuff they do for the community. HEB is Texas as corny as that sounds.

Last edited: