WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sunday evening fun and games

rrrr

Reaction score
Instead of sitting on my ass watching TV, I've been in the attic removing the blower motor from my air handler.

I suppose it's a good thing it's October instead of July, today the high was 83. Off to the supply house in the morning.

IMG_20211024_224309878.jpg

azsunfun

Reaction score
you had no choice, your used to it, you want it, and somebody made you do it! 🙂 you would be surprised how many office workers never heard the bearing screaming or belt squeel, gotta love the smell of burnt windings.😂

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Went up in my attic about 11ish to install a Fantech exhaust fan for the shower and said fuk that as the heat had set in up there. Ya gotta be in there early and out by 10ish.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
I’m just sitting here crying, counting out the cash I gotta drop off at my bookies tomorrow. I guess not all my kids need to go to college

azsunfun

Reaction score
I’m just sitting here crying, counting out the cash I gotta drop off at my bookies tomorrow. I guess not all my kids need to go to college
don't worry build back beter covers higher ed. go back in your attic.:)

DLC

Reaction score
My neighbors AC unit was whining about a month or so ago and I texted him 2 twice and said he needed to get it looked at and he said it took 3 weeks for a tech to come out….

This was in San Diego

Reactions: DWC

rrrr

Reaction score
I caught a whiff of burning motor insulation on Friday night, and when I got up on Sunday, the thermostat was blank, indicating loss of power on the 24 VAC circuit. I checked the main panel in the garage, and one of the 60 amp breakers feeding the AHU had tripped. It has two 60 amp breakers because it's a heat pump system, and the AHU has two 10 kW strip packs for standby heat.

I found a motor in stock at the Lennox parts dealer in Garland, that's not too far away. Should have it running again by noon.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I did a full system replacement for my sister in Chico in July. 5 ton carrier premier unit. installing the furnace and lineset the top temps I was in the attic were 135 degrees before the thermometer stopped reading higher. I just about lost myself up there. never in those temps again.

--Sherpa