IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
A friend retired there last year and really likes it. He’s 15 minutes from the beach but nice little house and affordable.

I need to check it out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Very nice Tim. Are you on the Atlantic or Gulf coast side?
Wife and I are curious about Florida and are considering being snowbirds....just not sure where yet.:cool:

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Very nice Tim. Are you on the Atlantic or Gulf coast side?
Wife and I are curious about Florida and are considering being snowbirds....just not sure where yet.:cool:

Zig we are on the Gulf side hour south of Tampa on the ICW. Any time u want we have an extra room...

Backlash

Reaction score
Siesta Key is on the Gulf Coast. South of Sarasota.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks amazing Tim! When I get better we will come out there and rub the ICW!

Hullbilly

Reaction score
A friend retired there last year and really likes it. He’s 15 minutes from the beach but nice little house and affordable.

I need to check it out.

The more I think about it following Robin Williams in Club Paradise might be a good way to spend my golden years!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Where is the sandbar from Siesta Key Beach ? Been there many many times. My IL's are in Venice. Never knew of, or saw a sandbar ?

Jim

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Where is the sandbar from Siesta Key Beach ? Been there many many times. My IL's are in Venice. Never knew of, or saw a sandbar ?

Jim

IMG_0197.jpg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Only bad part I can see is fucking sharks very nice

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Zig we are on the Gulf side hour south of Tampa on the ICW. Any time u want we have an extra room...

One of my good friends lives in Tarpon Springs; assume that's not far from you? He send photos like this every day.

Have fun!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
AHHHHHHH....fuc florida...

Lol, that always crosses my mind too. Interestingly after Tim started this thread I started reading about Sarasota and it doesn't really get hit like the east coast or even other parts of the gulf coast. Guess its proximity is in just the right spot.:cool:

endobear

Reaction score
My wifes from Venice. Her and the kids where supposed to be there for 2 weeks starting last Thursday to hang out and visit family.
They decided to cancel the day before they left because of the flesh eating virus deal in the water going on.

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Here is where our home is and we face south and on the 4th floor. My thought is if we are going to live where there are hurricanes I wanted the best view I could afford of it coming on shore and then will watch everything else flow by when it is over lol.

Ziggy you are correct I think it’s been 55 years or so since a hurricane. Saying around here is the Indians use to come up from the Everglades during these times..

IMG_0198.jpg

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
My wifes from Venice. Her and the kids where supposed to be there for 2 weeks starting last Thursday to hang out and visit family.
They decided to cancel the day before they left because of the flesh eating virus deal in the water going on.

Live here. Seems to happen every year and with the red tide breakout being so huge, the flesh eating is getting more media coverage.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Been there during the red tide… Don’t remember the flesh eating part??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Here is where our home is and we face south and on the 4th floor. My thought is if we are going to live where there are hurricanes I wanted the best view I could afford of it coming on shore and then will watch everything else flow by when it is over lol.

Ziggy you are correct I think it’s been 55 years or so since a hurricane. Saying around here is the Indians use to come up from the Everglades during these times..

View attachment 778418

Yup, read the indian part too, burial grounds were safe, yada, yada.
The indigenous people were more aware of natures tendancies than our super duper radar watching meteorologists.

endobear

Reaction score
Yeah. I've had the pleasure of a week long vacation down there during RED Tide. That friggin Sucked.
My kids are usually covered in some sort of scabs at all times. Wife runs an insulin pump. Im sure they would be fine but its not worth the risk.
Her family in Venice and Clearwater said they wont go in the water so she bailed.