WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sunk Eliminator -engine and drive rebuild?

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to pickup a 25 foot (or so... I need to verify) eliminator boat that was sunk about 2 years ago and has been sitting since. I can pretty much get it for free as long as I dispose of the hull once I pull the motor or any other items that I can save.

I fully expect the engine to be frozen. My question is after being under water for about 48 hours and then sitting for 3 years, will I be able to reuse the engine and outdrive with rebuilds (and not tons of part replacement)? The boat was in fresh water when it sunk.

I believe the engine is a Mercruiser 496 ho if that helps. I will most likely be using to retrofit a 6.2 Mercruiser. I was hoping that the all of the odds and ends useful when retrofitting an engine will come in handy.

Bajastu

Reaction score
If the engine and out drive were never drained of the oil and the water milkshake, the block , heads and hard parts will be pitted and non usable. It’s a shame😢

If it’s free, rip into it and see what’s useable. You won’t know until you tear it apart.

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Thanks. The most I’d be out are the disposal costs of the hull and my time really. Not sure how much it’ll cost but who knows.. maybe selling the trailer may cancel that out although there are a couple years of back registration probably.

renodaytona

Reaction score
what are the details of the boat? Year and model? Trailer could be worth the $$ alone. Is the hull damaged? Why did it sink?

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Not sure yet of the specs. I need to get back over to take more of a look at it. Not sure if I’ll be able to get the engine cover up; aren’t most of them electrically actuated? Collision damage caused it to sink

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
I might be interested in the trailer when you are all done with it.

Qwiketz

Reaction score
I’ll let you know more info as the progresses. Slow go so far getting info.

Qwiketz

Reaction score
When I’m out there I’ll try to grab some. It could be a little while before I’m able to get over there though. I’ll keep you in mind