WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super 73 electric bikes

E4L

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has a hook up on these electric bikes or any other brand. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Get on the website, sign up for the notifications and specials do happen.
Usually they'll knock $500 off certain bikes and sometimes rerun a discontinued bike and put it on sale.
Consider the most powerful motor with the longest life battery.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Look at Soul Cruisers Sonic. Az company, owner Jim Decker is a good guy!

Reactions: E4L

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
A few in my neighborhood. They look cool but are expensive, they market toward urban hipster douchebags, trying to get the $$ out of that market.

But they look like fun regardless. If price point was a little lower, I'd be potential buyer.

E4L

Reaction score
A few in my neighborhood. They look cool but are expensive, they market toward urban hipster douchebags, trying to get the $$ out of that market.

But they look like fun regardless. If price point was a little lower, I'd be potential buyer.

I agree. A guy here at the campground let me drive one now I’m hooked haha
IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
20249949-9CD2-43F1-8783-548E738A484D.jpeg

Why would you want to ride something that looks like a moped or an overgrown mini bike with a motor? These things are badass!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Yup....those sure look gay enough for Rob to ride. 😂😂😂
From SEs to those? I'm disappointed bro...lol
The Sonic don't looks as bad.

E4L

Reaction score
View attachment 946714
Why would you want to ride something that looks like a moped or an overgrown mini bike with a motor? These things are badass!!
cause they are easier to store and carry in the motorhome. Plus I cant find much info on speeds and distance and weight of the sonics..

E4L

Reaction score
We bought 2 Ecotric Seagulls. I wanted the 48 volt and 1000 watt motor. 7 speed Shimano and 5 speed pedal assist and throttle only will go 26 mph.
I think the 2 bikes were about $2200 with discounts.
Fraction of the cost of other E bikes. A bit heavier than most but we also got hydraulic brakes and front suspension
Had a small problem and they took care of everything. Even offer test rides if you can make it to northern california
Plenty of specs to research on their site
Foldable, fat tire, full suspension, they have it all
If you want to dig into it further join this forum.
This is me,
They dont hold enough wait

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL The frame looks like an entry in the 6th grade design contest.

Honestly, go get a Specialized or Trek if you want a well made ebike. If you want a real twist and go look at Zero or KTM.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Check out EBC. www.electricbikeco.com Custom build and pick you colors. Bought the wife one. Ordered online and picked it up in Newport Beach 2 weeks later even thought they said 6-8 weeks! Very well built. So far she loves it. Probably order mine soon. Showroom in Huntington Beach if you want to see and ride one.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I picked up a Juiced Rip Current S two months ago. Super fun and stable.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Jenson USA carries electric 'mountain bikes' (Orbea and Niner), 'road bikes' (Orbea and Niner) and 'commuter bikes' (Batch) -- the best deal right now is the Orbea Gain M201 electric which is a 'road' bike at 36% off retail. Online at jensonusa.com

E4L

Reaction score
Wait wat?
The foldable? I doubt any foldable you're looking for has a high weight capacity
I wouldn't trust those super 73s with their weight capacities the way they look.

All them ecotrix bikes only hold 265 I weighed that in 1st grade.

Flynryan

Reaction score
View attachment 946714

I would love to hear some real customer reviews of these and not just the owner talking about them. I like the 1 on the right the best

E4L

Reaction score
I picked up a Juiced Rip Current S two months ago. Super fun and stable.

How many miles have you put on it? Did you demo before you bought it?

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have had pedego's for 10+ years, before every other bike was electric at the beach. they have held up well, little rust from being at beach all the time. I just replaced the batteries, pedego wanted 900 bucks found them on some china shipping place for $350, took a chance they would work, good to go for another 4+ years.

sirbob

Reaction score
We are going with the Murf Alpha - I just bought 2 of them.

lenmann

Reaction score
Anybody have one of these? I just spent time on their website and am seriously looking at them. Hoping for some feedback

I have had one of the new Soul Saber e-bikes on order since May in the blue/orange livery shown on the right. I have a Soul pedal cruiser and love it.

The new bike was supposed to be delivered in July, then September, then November. It's sitting on a container ship in Long Beach right now waiting in line with all the holiday crap to get on the dock, through customs, and to me, I hope before Christmas.

The story is that COVID related China supply chain issues have delayed delivery.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I have had one of the new Soul Saber e-bikes on order since May in the blue/orange livery shown on the right. I have a Soul pedal cruiser and love it.

The new bike was supposed to be delivered in July, then September, then November. It's sitting on a container ship in Long Beach right now waiting in line with all the holiday crap to get on the dock, through customs, and to me, I hope before Christmas.

The story is that COVID related China supply chain issues have delayed delivery.
Wife and I have 3 speed Stompers and love them. I talked to Jim in May, with Covid, wife and I figured we'd get some more bike time in and were going to order one for each of our kids, well, maybe hand ours down and upgrade to Sonics. Jim told me to hold tight because he had such limited inventory then and figured things would blow over shortly. I wish I would have just put in the order then. I'm afraid to ask what the lead time is now. I would love to get one of the billet sonics!

E4L

Reaction score
Close to pulling the trigger on the ariel rider grizzly.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
How many miles have you put on it? Did you demo before you bought it?

I bought it blind. I have about 500 miles on it so far. I bought this one because of the high power motor and battery. I'm 260 and it helps me get over the hills fine.

Swain

Reaction score
Check out EBC. www.electricbikeco.com Custom build and pick you colors. Bought the wife one. Ordered online and picked it up in Newport Beach 2 weeks later even thought they said 6-8 weeks! Very well built. So far she loves it. Probably order mine soon. Showroom in Huntington Beach if you want to see and ride one.
Same here I love my Electric Bike Co

Mr.Puck

Reaction score

I want to try this one. Seems decent with lockout forks and hydraulic brakes, and parts that can be replaced easy.... hopefully LOL.

Plus they are in Azusa, like I said, need to get my butt out there!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I picked up a Nakto for my son. Its pretty cool

84miller

Reaction score
I did not know alot about them until I bought one last May. Live near the beach and quite a few have them, they are everywhere. I rode mine without the battery as a trail run to see how it performed as a regular bike. Worked well and good enough to get some real exercise in... Then after I purchased it used the battery. Fun. I got a Emojo XR Pro 48watt 500 Hub folding. They are out of Tustin, can be ordered online, mine was 1599.00. Like it, use it quite a bit. I could see going to a 1000 Hub, which are class 3 and fast. What I like most is you see/notice things you miss driving in a car.

AR33

Reaction score
My wife and I each got a Nakto bike and absolutely love them....especially the price!
IMG_4903_Original.jpg

Reactions: DWC

E4L

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the Ariel Rider D class

boatnam2

Reaction score
The biggest problem i see with all the influx of electric bikes is the idiots that ride them, just because your bike goes 20mph doesn't mean you need to ride it through crowds at beach going that fast. Almost as bad as the race suit jockeys pulling their lance Armstrong impersonation riding 40mph through Huntington beach pier weekend crowds, idiots!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
At the end of the day... all the Bafang mid drives are sort of the same thing... I just built my own conversion from the parts available.
bike.jpg

shaffewm

Reaction score

I emailed them yesterday about delivery times. They claim to be able to deliver at the end of December....I'm waiting for their response.

Tank

Reaction score
I didn't know if I should start a new electric bike thread or just jump on here, so I opted to not cluter the board with another similar thread and pose my question here -

My boys (12 & 7) want electric bikes for Xmas. There has been some bad ass bikes posted on here but I am NOT spending $2500 on a bike for a kid. I'm not spending 1k on a bike for a kid. So question is, anyone bought or own a less expensive but still cool electric bike? Say under $600. I see them on amazon but I don't know how the quality will be. Anyone know? Thanks.

E4L

Reaction score
I didn't know if I should start a new electric bike thread or just jump on here, so I opted to not cluter the board with another similar thread and pose my question here -

My boys (12 & 7) want electric bikes for Xmas. There has been some bad ass bikes posted on here but I am NOT spending $2500 on a bike for a kid. I'm not spending 1k on a bike for a kid. So question is, anyone bought or own a less expensive but still cool electric bike? Say under $600. I see them on amazon but I don't know how the quality will be. Anyone know? Thanks.

So my kids have electric scooters from razor and they have what you call a crazy cart that they love also from razor.

Tank

Reaction score
So my kids have electric scooters from razor and they have what you call a crazy cart that they love also from razor.

I'll check it out. But they want regular bikes that peddle or go electric.