WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super charger chiller

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on this chiller? Have a friend looking to get one and he sent me this. I’m not up on what’s good or not.
F33C108D-C193-4FE4-8550-89A2F910886A.png

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Basically just a superchiller with anodized end caps. They are ok but not the best idea for use in salt water. Aluminum core instead of the better cupernickle core. Cupernickle cores are more expensive for sure.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Ok, this won’t be run in salt water. Will be going on a 496 and in a 21 Rayson Craft GN. All I’ve ever heard about are the Lee’s.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Ok, this won’t be run in salt water. Will be going on a 496 and in a 21 Rayson Craft GN. All I’ve ever heard about are the Lee’s.
Check to see how Boostpower and Teague's prices compare? Good idea, guessing you bought my friend's grey boat?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Check to see how Boostpower and Teague's prices compare? Good idea, guessing you bought my friend's grey boat?
Will do, thanks Barry.
I didn't buy it, but a guy here in utah did(well he's driving to Phx to get/pay for it). I just get to put his engine in it and plumb and wire and ready for him to use.

sintax

Reaction score

Barry, whats the history on this boat? I dont think i've ever seen this one before. Did Joey lay this one up?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
For some reason I think this is the old Easton boat. That looks like the trailer that Bear built for the all blue Rayson which is why Im leaning towards it being Eastons.

Who knows though!?!?! lol

sintax

Reaction score
Arrived 8:30pm, engine set in by 9pm time to start laying out plumbing. :cool:

Please post pics along the way. I'd love to also get some detailed pics of the rigging setup. Wheres the engine getting placed? Any adjustments to the strut / driveline angle?

sintax

Reaction score
For some reason I think this is the old Easton boat. That looks like the trailer that Bear built for the all blue Rayson which is why Im leaning towards it being Eastons.

Ah shit, you're 100% right. Its the old Elephant Bastard! Too funny, I got too exited checking it out to notice the trailer, and the fact its NOT bad ass blue anymore.

That thing was pretty well setup when it was done, I gotta do a ton of work to mine to get the horsepower down unfortunately.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score

You are correct. Boat was completely gone through, stringers replaced, balsa and a host of other things.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Please post pics along the way. I'd love to also get some detailed pics of the rigging setup. Wheres the engine getting placed? Any adjustments to the strut / driveline angle?
Not going to change anything. Bolt in his power, plumb and wire and send it to the lake. I'll get you any measurements you'd like.

sintax

Reaction score
Not going to change anything. Bolt in his power, plumb and wire and send it to the lake. I'll get you any measurements you'd like.

sure i'm always curious.

I'd be into knowing where the engine was placed, v-drive placed, propshaft angle. Whatever you have time for, it would be appreciated.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Barry, whats the history on this boat? I dont think i've ever seen this one before. Did Joey lay this one up?
I showed up a bit late, but yes, it was the blue one originally set up with a Chrysler. I saw it at the unlimited hydroplane and ski races at Havasu in 2000.

sintax

Reaction score
I showed up a bit late, but yes, it was the blue one originally set up with a Chrysler. I saw it at the unlimited hydroplane and ski races at Havasu in 2000.

Yea as soon as I heard mention of Easons name it dawned on me. That was a sweet boat for sure, and it was setup right.

500bbc

Reaction score
My surge tank is from the FEB.
Friend bought it to put a Chrysler in it and never got around to it.
Rayson if I remember correctly.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

I saw it in Parker about the same time. There was another white Rayson and I believe they both had PSI blowers on them. The white one was camped next to us and they had a Ford box van race truck.

Last edited:

bonesfab

Reaction score
I remember the pics of the blue boat. Was bad ass with the hemi in it. Actually digging the grey too.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I saw it in Parker about the same time. There was another white Grayson and I believe they both had PSI blowers on them. The white one was camped next to us and they had a Ford box van race truck.

The white boat with the PSI was or still is Kelly Oliver's Rayson.