WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super Duty - Heavy Front Suspension Package

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
So I don't have time to build a truck before a long road trip in mid/late July. Thus, the search has gone out of state.

There's a SRW F-350 in Vegas that has 95% of what I want but there is a Heavy Front Suspension Package.

Does anyone know how this package affects the ride? I'm just starting my search so I don't necessarily have to grab the first truck I find.

J5Daytona

Reaction score
my 19 has it and honestly cant tell a difference between it and my friends 21 f250 as far as ride quality

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think that is one front spring heavier than what comes standard with your particular package, so it will vary from truck to truck.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I think that is one front spring heavier than what comes standard with your particular package, so it will vary from truck to truck.

Do you mean it will feel different on a 250 vs. a 350? What other package would affect the front suspension?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Google pulls up some stuff. It’s a stiffer front spring than normal. So unless you are going to hang some weight up front or upgrade to Carli suspension I would pass.

or if it’s a really good deal. Buy it and call around to lift shops and buy some new take off springs

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Google pulls up some stuff. It’s a stiffer front spring than normal. So unless you are going to hang some weight up front or upgrade to Carli suspension I would pass.

or if it’s a really good deal. Buy it and call around to lift shops and buy some new take off springs

I'm guessing a Carli leveling kit wouldn't touch the springs? I only plan to level it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I'm guessing a Carli leveling kit wouldn't touch the springs? I only plan to level it.
Yes they would replace the springs. And they are softer than factory I believe.
But it’s not $175 dollar kit either lol.
I think Carli is behind on orders so I would call.
Just checked. Looks like about $1200 for the front.

Not sure if Thuren does Ford suspension as I’m Ram guy.
I just checked Thuren does not do Ford

im sure the Ford guys will chime in here soon.

JD D05

Reaction score
It is really cheap to put a different spring in. My brother did F-150 springs to lower the front.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Do you mean it will feel different on a 250 vs. a 350? What other package would affect the front suspension?

It may feel a little different, or you may not notice at all. It’s gonna depend on if it has a snow plow prep, 2wd/4wd, camper package, engine combo, etc.

Again, it is just one spring stiffer than the configurator assigns when you spec out the truck.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
So I don't have time to build a truck before a long road trip in mid/late July. Thus, the search has gone out of state.

There's a SRW F-350 in Vegas that has 95% of what I want but there is a Heavy Front Suspension Package.

Does anyone know how this package affects the ride? I'm just starting my search so I don't necessarily have to grab the first truck I find.

I have a standard 17 4wd F250 and rode in a 19 4wd F350 with Snow plow suspension and couldn’t tell the difference…

My dads 2019 F350 SRW is for sale in Havasu with only 4K miles… 4wd with standard suspension but has airbags in the rear as he has/had camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I have a standard 17 4wd F250 and rode in a 19 4wd F350 with Snow plow suspension and couldn’t tell the difference…

My dads 2019 F350 SRW is for sale in Havasu with only 4K miles… 4wd with standard suspension but has airbags in the rear as he has/had camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered it on my 2020 F350. They say it sits about a half inch higher than the standard spring. I think it rides very well for a 1 ton truck. I thought it would be a good idea in case I want to add a aftermarket bumper and winch.