WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super Duty holy grail of trucks

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
not really. Fully modded 7.3s have a hard time making 500 rwhp plus.

they break oil injection piston Squirters all the time and then can’t design a camshaft position sensor to save Their lives. I think Ford was on design change 6 last I heard 10 years ago.

Cummins is the best non cdl engine you can buy. Hands down. And I use to only drive fords back in the day.

You gotta be the only person I've Ever heard use Diesel an HP in the same sentence...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
it's a ford, history repetes it self with fords... look at 32 fords, 40 ford, 65 mustang,and of coarse the holy grail 7.3

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Holy grail of SUVs, now taking offers ;)

20201101_164102.jpg

boat527

Reaction score
In their day, yes.. great truck.. now... Not so much.

My BIL and I just drove Portland to Boulder City ( 3 day round trip to visit sick parent)
in our DMax.. he's a dyed in the wool Ford guy.. 7.3 holy grail guy no less ( 1991 CC long be 4wD is his baby).

This ad is bullshit, ask ANY Ford guy that has driven a newer diesel truck. ANY diesel truck.

BTW.. he was afraid to pass because he was used to his 7.3 taking FOREVER to get going.
Not so much after a while driving my old LBZ with a mild tune..

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
In their day, yes.. great truck.. now... Not so much.

My BIL and I just drove Portland to Boulder City ( 3 day round trip to visit sick parent)
in our DMax.. he's a died in the wool Ford guy.. 7.3 holy grail guy no less ( 1991 CC long be 4wD is his baby).

This ad is bullshit, ask ANY Ford guy that has driven a newer diesel truck. ANY diesel truck.

BTW.. he was afraid to pass because he was used to his 7.3 taking FOREVER to get going.
Not so much after a while driving my old LBZ with a mild tune..
The difference between a 91 and an 02 is huge.

boat527

Reaction score
The difference between a 91 and an 02 is huge.
No dispute there.. buts it's still a workhorse 7.3 that's loud and can't get out it's way ... Great truck, I used to dream of one until I drove an O6, pre emissions D Max.. not even in the same zip code ...

River Runnin

Reaction score
Thats a cool looking Tahoe! Whered you get it? 😝
Although not even close! lol .. It was based on a GMT820 Chevrolet 2500 HD in front and 1500 frame in back that were heavily modified! ... But was built at AM General ... I bought it new (original owner) the first time and day I seen one.... Followed it right to the dealer! ... It's also the prototype rig for the H2 towing Kits from RoadMaster -- I got the kit, BrakeMaster, and complete install (free) for letting them do it! .. Just had to buy the tow Bar -- the BlackHawk 2.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Although not even close! lol .. It was based on a GMT820 Chevrolet 2500 HD in front and 1500 frame in back that were heavily modified! ... But was built at AM General ... I bought it new (original owner) the first time and day I seen one.... Followed it right to the dealer! ... It's also the prototype rig for the H2 towing Kits from RoadMaster -- I got the kit, BrakeMaster, and complete install (free) for letting them do it! .. Just had to buy the tow Bar -- the BlackHawk 2.

My dad had a magenta H2T on 22s when I was in HS. I occasionally drove it from time to time because a few of my female friends preferred it to the Mustang. The thing that always got me was it couldn't make it from Yorba Linda to Parker on a single tank of gas.

River Runnin

Reaction score
My dad had a magenta H2T on 22s when I was in HS. I occasionally drove it from time to time because a few of my female friends preferred it to the Mustang. The thing that always got me was it couldn't make it from Yorba Linda to Parker on a single tank of gas.
I still average 10mpg -- plus er minus terrain & amount of lead in my foot! -- I just had the first tune-up done about a month ago .. still under 95K miles

707dog

Reaction score
my buddy is a rich diesel mechanic from working on those holy grail blue ovals... fast eddies in dixon,ca if you ever need a kickass diesel mechanic

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I thought all the negativity here was supposed to be gone 2 weeks ago?

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
The shitty 6.0L and the cost of new diesel trucks added to the popularity of the 7.3L

I was a 7.3 guy for a long time till the new F150 came out. The price ain't too bad and it will tow anything.

Your ad here

Reaction score
That's a good chuckle for the morning. 7.3s are bad ass and have a following because of their reputation. For 1995 technology they are pretty decent still in this day of age. The seller is shooting high on price but I would not be surprised if some guy from the rust belt throws down $30k for a low mile rust free truck.