WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super soakers in the channel

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Havasu Hangin' if you met me in person you would think different. I just enjoy my life don’t let anyone or anything ruin it. I work labor day( ER in Vegas)

nice boat tho!!

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
What's under the deck lid?
IMG_0100.JPG

riverroyal

Reaction score
someone had a good post about the law enforcement. I spoke to cop about this last year. They said they need to 'see it' happen. Thats bullshit. Thats like saying someone hit my car with their car and the person is right over there. I think the city and cops could be dragged into a court case if there is a real injury (IF)
If I get blasted, or you and you call the cops, you can absolutely tell them who did it and they MUST enforce the law if you ask. They can easily go find the guy and the soaker, they just dont want to. Which brings them into the court scenario...
I still dont get it....I dont understand why you would soak someone and risk the person going fucking insane or getting the cops involved. But then Im not a real badd ass either...ha.
Guess im wearing goggles in the channel now because based on this thread its not ending anytime soon

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
someone had a good post about the law enforcement. I spoke to cop about this last year. They said they need to 'see it' happen. Thats bullshit. Thats like saying someone hit my car with their car and the person is right over there. I think the city and cops could be dragged into a court case if there is a real injury (IF)
If I get blasted, or you and you call the cops, you can absolutely tell them who did it and they MUST enforce the law if you ask. They can easily go find the guy and the soaker, they just dont want to. Which brings them into the court scenario...
I still dont get it....I dont understand why you would soak someone and risk the person going fucking insane or getting the cops involved. But then Im not a real badd ass either...ha.
Guess im wearing goggles in the channel now because based on this thread its not ending anytime soon

This goes to my earlier point, it is not a high priority on the cops’ radar.

That’s not to say it isn’t upsetting to be shot with water when you aren’t expecting it.

I understand the frustration however.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Guys that own boats are passionate about their rigs. Look at almost every boat in the channel, and you'll see a captain that is proud. It doesn't matter if it's a Bayliner, Malibu, pontoon, Schiada, Hallet, Nordic, Magic, or Cigarette- we all spend too much doing what we love. It's alot like car guys. Imagine taking your car to a car cruise...and showing it off. It may not be the nicest in the group, but it is to you. Then...some guy and his kids start throwing dirt at it because "hey, it's on the road...there's DIRT on the road?"

Respecting other people's stuff starts with the parents. We all need to teach our kids respect and manners. Showing disregard for other people's stuff (cars, boats, whatever) is not respectful.

And I get that maybe you want to act like a 12 year old kid once in awhile. If you do, just go into a cove, and spray your own shit down. Spray your boat, dog, BBQ, whatever...just don't splash other people.

I think Dave is getting soft. In the old days, if someone was advocating fucking with other people's boats, the tribal drums would have come out...

I don't use those slips- I use the Condo/Hotel slips by the bridge.

I had a white Cigarette that most people knew me for. I took that down the channel for Desert Storm, Memorial Day, Labor Day...for 9 years.

I've had my current boat since 2017, and was even there for Labor Day last year. The channel is not a big deal for those of us who know how to drive (and dock) our boats. It's a little tougher with big props, turning in, no bow thruster, and staggered drives...but you get used to it. On big weekends, it's just a little tougher to go slow enough when everyone gets jammed up. I even flipped a u-turn in the heart of the channel when the cops closed off the one end and I couldn't get out to Thomson Bay. A crosswind (and idiots with Super Soakers) are the only thing that concerns me in tight spaces.

Most people in Havasu know me. If any of you guys want to act like grown-ups and talk boats, I'm game. I've owned everything from a 16' flatbottom...to a daycruiser...to my current OL. Just don't tell me how badass your kid's water toys are.
Heard

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
This was the last 1075 boat before Merc switched to the 1100's. I's not the fastest OL out there, but I'm proud of it. It has a gen and A/C, which I've never had before. It's all composite and carbon fiber- no wood in the boat at all.

View attachment 910665

View attachment 910659

Spectacular, a big Outerlimits V is on my dream boat list especially with an overnight type available berth under there. What do you see on top? 105?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I'll go back to my post earlier: I don't understand the point of pizzin' people off. If your life is that empty that this is what makes it complete, I'm concerned. There was a bunch of little kids, say 6 - 12, last week at the downriver entrance. The leader was probably 12. All you had to do was wave your hand no, and he called off the squirt gun crew. Why can't adults act like this?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

I dont know how AZ law compares to CA law but here most city ordinances are misdemeanors which means typically have to be observed by the officer. There are exceptions to this rule such as DUI car accident. I'm pretty sure nothing would prevent you from requesting a citizen s arrest for battery if you were injured or vandalism if your property was damaged and alleging the code violation for soakers as well. But check AZ law on this first.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Spectacular, a big Outerlimits V is on my dream boat list especially with an overnight type available berth under there. What do you see on top? 105?

I’ve hit 120 with these Merc props. I’m told I’ll get another 5MPH with Herings, but they are EXPENSIVE.

This hull is pretty efficient. It’s a 5 step hull (earlier gen OL were 4 step) and it’s pretty light for a big V. Maybe around 12k lbs.

It handles like a smaller boat...but it will also march in the Pacific.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I’ve hit 120 with these Merc props. I’m told I’ll get another 5MPH with Herings, but they are EXPENSIVE.

This hull is pretty efficient. It’s a 5 step hull (earlier gen OL were 4 step) and it’s pretty light for a big V. Maybe around 12k lbs.

... And it does "Youease" in that channel ... Bitchez

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

WOW I knew the 42 would get up in that speed range but didn't think a loaded 52 would even with the light lay up. That is so cool....congrats on a beautiful boat.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
WOW I knew the 42 would get up in that speed range but didn't think a loaded 52 would even with the light lay up. That is so cool....congrats on a beautiful boat.

My SL52 weighs about the same as my buddy’s old 42 Legacy.

Thanks again! Let me know if you want To go on a hot lap sometime.

guest hs

Reaction score
why do you care if he goes in the channel or not?
I do t care if he goes in the channel one bit. I was just stating I didn’t know you had to go through the channel to get into the marina. That is news to me.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Everytime this comes up I always think about going to the Narrows at Naci when I was a kid and about every-other boat had multiple dip sticks sticking out of it to shoot the other boats and we would all have a blast doing it. There were the occasional grouches that would yell before anybody even squirted them, but they were pretty few and far between. I guess they have multiplied now.

Now we did have a rule that if they didn't have any guns hanging out you had to make sure they were cool with it and expecting it first.

Also, a "super soaker" isn't going to hurt you at all. A stream machine "dip stick" style squirt gun is a different story.

Super Soaker vs Stream Machine
mag-04WMT-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg
15203904_FUL.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Duramax

Reaction score

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Why isn't it as simple as putting up a few signs "Spraying moving boats/watercraft is illegal-fine up to $$" and be done with it. Shit, they put up signs for covid pretty easily when they closed it.

PlanB

Reaction score
Why isn't it as simple as putting up a few signs "Spraying moving boats/watercraft is illegal-fine up to $$" and be done with it. Shit, they put up signs for covid pretty easily when they closed it.

There are signs in the channel stating water cannons are illegal. LE used to take them if they saw them. Now it's randomly enforced, and I don't see them taking them anymore. All they do is talk to the person doing it, and then most go back to using them as soon as LE is gone.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
There are signs in the channel stating water cannons are illegal. LE used to take them if they saw them. Now it's randomly enforced, and I don't see them taking them anymore. All they do is talk to the person doing it, and then most go back to using them as soon as LE is gone.

Well shit, nevermind 😁

PlanB

Reaction score
Here is the code:

§ 8.16.190 THROWING AT, SPRAYING OR SPLASHING WATERCRAFT OCCUPANTS OR BYSTANDERS.

A. No person shall throw or cause to be thrown any object or substance at any watercraft or person while such watercraft is in operation or while such person is operating or riding in such watercraft.
B. No person operating a motor-driven watercraft shall spray or splash water or cause water to be sprayed or splashed at any watercraft or person.
C. No person shall spray water or any other liquid substance from a water cannon or similar device at or from a watercraft or at an occupant of the watercraft or a bystander while in the confines of Bridgewater Channel, as defined in § 8.16.020B.
D. As used in this section, WATER CANNON means any device capable of emitting or discharging a stream of water or other liquid substance over a distance of 10 feet.
(Prior Code, § 16-4-2) (Ord. 93-415, § 1, passed - -1992; Ord. 86-181, (part), passed - -1986)

Bookmark § 8.16.191 SEIZURE OF WATER CANNONS.
Any water cannon or similar device described in this section shall be subject to seizure when used in violation of § 8.16.190. Items used in violation of this chapter may be seized by officers of the Lake Havasu City Police Department or other peace officers of this state or of the United States, as contraband and destroyed forthwith. When retained as evidence the article may be returned to the owner upon order of the court.
(Ord. 93-415, § 1, passed - -1992)

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Love your rig man! I'm used to the white Cig.

Funny, when he posted he had a 52 foot boat that he docked in the channel, the first thing that came to my mind was that he was the crazy captain piloting that tour boat .

dezrtracer

Reaction score
I ran out of popcorn after 5 pages of this thread . Off to the store to stock up ..

New to boating

Reaction score
This was the last 1075 boat before Merc switched to the 1100's. I's not the fastest OL out there, but I'm proud of it. It has a gen and A/C, which I've never had before. It's all composite and carbon fiber- no wood in the boat at all.

View attachment 910665

View attachment 910659

With a very few and low cost (relatively) modifications you can make the 1075's create more power than the 1100s or the 1350s. AND lots of people can work on them, which is a plus for a lot of Owners.

The QVC4 program has become remarkably restrictive in terms of what Mercury Racing will allow even the dealers to do. If its anything other than basic service, any kind of more significant issue they want the engines taken out and returned to them.

Outerlimits makes a nice piece - they never achieved the success on the Racecourse that Fountain did but in terms of V Bottom pleasure boats they are top of the food chain.