WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super soakers in the channel

2Driver

Reaction score
2 weekends ago someone was super soaking boats right in front of the cop boat that was directly in front of me, they didn't do anything about it.

What would be the charge?

2Driver

Reaction score
Maybe that’s why the guy was in the water with the soaker. Law says you can’t shoot from a boat or from the shore.

Either way I would have asked the cop to do his job. $8,000 ticket is nice revenue for the town.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Maybe that’s why the guy was in the water with the soaker. Law says you can’t shoot from a boat or from the shore.

Either way I would have asked the cop to do his job. $8,000 ticket is nice revenue for the town.

You read it incorrectly but it was surprising to see them pass on an opportunity for another revenue grab of up to $2500. I guess it only matters when they got shot at. Someone got tagged by them last month for shooting other boats and then the cop boat. It was in the local paper.

§ 8.16.190 THROWING AT, SPRAYING OR SPLASHING WATERCRAFT OCCUPANTS OR BYSTANDERS.
A. No person shall throw or cause to be thrown any object or substance at any watercraft or person while such watercraft is in operation or while such person is operating or riding in such watercraft.
B. No person operating a motor-driven watercraft shall spray or splash water or cause water to be sprayed or splashed at any watercraft or person.
C. No person shall spray water or any other liquid substance from a water cannon or similar device at or from a watercraft or at an occupant of the watercraft or a bystander while in the confines of Bridgewater Channel, as defined in § 8.16.020B.
D. As used in this section, WATER CANNON means any device capable of emitting or discharging a stream of water or other liquid substance over a distance of 10 feet.
(Prior Code, § 16-4-2) (Ord. 93-415, § 1, passed - -1992; Ord. 86-181, (part), passed - -1986)
8.16.190. Items used in violation of this chapter may be seized by officers of the Lake Havasu City Police Department or other peace officers of this state or of the United States, as contraband and destroyed forthwith. When retained as evidence the article may be returned to the owner upon order of the court.
(Ord. 93-415, § 1, passed - -1992)

2Driver

Reaction score
I read the chart on the go Havasu site. Says “from the shore” must be an old verbiage. Yeah I got the fine mixed with the Ord. Either way nice there is at least a law

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Was just going to say the same thing as I installed a wash down system last year. Just pull within reach of their shit and you have an endless supply of piss water to wash them down with.
That would be fun have a high volume pump and sink his boat hay it’s only water

Spudsbud

Reaction score
The way the world is nowadays, someone is gonna shoot somebody someday . I think an old fire extinguisher filled with water and overcharged air pressure, is great retaliation.

+1

Reactions: FCT

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure @2FORCEFULL has a comment about this.
we'll here's my comment,lost about 30% hearing in my left ear... and the f'n ringing noise is driving me nuts...can't even hear the voices in my head any more....but....we were in the channel by 8am, and sat there waiting for my son to get there from phoenix... parked next to a rental cabana … they loaded it up with about 20 people , had the float out...and a half dozen or so water cannons...sitting in the lounger on the rear of the toon.... I watched...probley a couple hours of them blasting people..... not one person got mad... most were say'n do it again...

riverroyal

Reaction score
Next time it happens, im sure there will be...
I will pull into the nearest red parking spot. Call 911 and wait. Say my ear is full, which is pretty possible.
Get the cops to do their job, write the ticket or claim some type of assault. Not much different then throwing something at my truck while im driving right?
I really really wanted to fuck up this guys weekend.

riverroyal

Reaction score
we'll here's my comment,lost about 30% hearing in my left ear... and the f'n ringing noise is driving me nuts...can't even hear the voices in my head any more....but....we were in the channel by 8am, and sat there waiting for my son to get there from phoenix... parked next to a rental cabana … they loaded it up with about 20 people , had the float out...and a half dozen or so water cannons...sitting in the lounger on the rear of the toon.... I watched...probley a couple hours of them blasting people..... not one person got mad... most were say'n do it again...

So MOST were driving shit boats?
I dont believe your story at all.
Did they spray down nice boats? Did they spray people who made eye contact and were ok with it?

Would you be ok with it?
Aimed ar my head. Covering my dash and electronics

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I think a great retaliation would be to get a couple of old school fire extinguishers that are refillable and have Schrader valves on them, fill them with ice and water then pressurize them and go troll the channel. To be blasted with ice water in the face would be so awesome. (maybe a little excessive) But fun nonetheless.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Much like OSB I always just tell them no and haven’t been squirted yet.. Some guy hiding and laying in wait though. Good lord what does it say about that pole smoker? That’s what he does with his day? Lol. Ya almost gotta feel sorry for the guy.

Pretty sure I was parked next to this idiot. 2 of em just in front of bathroom near dog park.
They were actually in a bayliner surprise surprise. 2 grown ass dudes 40+ and their wives. And they were sitting behind pontoon next to me.

Water up to chin. They would wait for boat to pass and blast em. Then hide the guns and look around like who did that. As boat would drive off these idiots would giggle like school girls.

It made sense when captain lucky charms got out of the water. First time in his life he could feel tuff

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Boats getting wet is just insane.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Shit could happen Squirting someone .
How about in your eye can’t see - crash .
I your ear again distracted- crash

Stuff in your boat - maybe you don’t or should not get wet .

Yeah they should get cited
Or stop your boat kick there ass
Not sure which would be better .

Getting to old for last one .
Cops should cite them

Havasteve

Reaction score
I keep a sling shot for ice cubes for lake pestilence.

I have a porta potty on my boat so I can take the soaker thing to the next level. Just add a can of corn.

When these assholes suck sand and sludge off the bottom and spray it in your eyes it makes it kind of special.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, from the shitbox and jet bote guild, I'd like to say it is more a respect thing. We have squirt guns for the kids when on the beach. Our kids know if there are other people and boats, stay clear, only get our crap wet. I agree I'd be annoyed, mostly because I can't see channel piss water being good for my contacts. It's a big lake, and a decent river too. I leave the channel for the off season;)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
We have miles of channels around here. During the hot spell spells the many on shore and in boats exchange fun.
A wave of the hand is usually all that is needed to thwart the super soaker. Some like it some don't. Some play by the rules some don't. Time in the pen retaliating doesn't pen out for me and my sled is a super soaker. ;)

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
Next time it happens, im sure there will be...
I will pull into the nearest red parking spot. Call 911 and wait. Say my ear is full, which is pretty possible.
Get the cops to do their job, write the ticket or claim some type of assault. Not much different then throwing something at my truck while im driving right?
I really really wanted to fuck up this guys weekend.

Good luck! We tried that once... didn’t work out as expected. Hubby got nailed in the face and the verbiage went sideways. Called the cops and waited (a loooong time) for them to show up. Cop was nice, but just spoke to both parties and went about his day. No ticket and didn’t even take the soaker!! That was a waste of our time...

Now we pretty much just avoid the channel during summer weekend days.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So MOST were driving shit boats?
I dont believe your story at all.
Did they spray down nice boats? Did they spray people who made eye contact and were ok with it?

Would you be ok with it?
Aimed ar my head. Covering my dash and electronics
they sprayed down everything that went by,... I figured there was gonna be some fighting going on....in the beginning, I was gonna tell them that what they were doing was illegal..but figured better to just keep quiet,...I kept thinking... some ones gonna get pissed...but... they were little round ass middle 20's chicks ….so maybe that makes a difference... for me... I don't like it and think it's dangerous...but, I have great grand kids and think everything is dangerous... I was total surprised that no one got mad...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
retaliation ???? I've never ever ever seen it work...you can't fix stupid....unless you are the one that gets blasted in the face, no one else will understand..amagine beening in court in a wrongfull death case, explaining... "I killed the parents because their kid squirted me in the face with a water gun"... I try to stay away from the channel after noon.... but newbies always wanna go there...they always think they're missing out …..to me it's like being out on the 91 during rush hour with a hocky team of kids riding in my motor home...as for LEO... they aren't gonna do nothing because it didn't happen to them, and don't see it as a big deal...there idea is if you don't like it don't come back... they have their hands full already.... takes just as long to site a drunk in public... being stupid just gets a warning...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Pretty sure I was parked next to this idiot. 2 of em just in front of bathroom near dog park.
They were actually in a bayliner surprise surprise. 2 grown ass dudes 40+ and their wives. And they were sitting behind pontoon next to me.

Water up to chin. They would wait for boat to pass and blast em. Then hide the guns and look around like who did that. As boat would drive off these idiots would giggle like school girls.

It made sense when captain lucky charms got out of the water. First time in his life he could feel tuff
LOL....like I said … you can't fix stupid.....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I've noticed this in life....over crowded area's seem to take away respect for others....the more people the more they think they will never see you again... they don't have to be accountable....and others don't wanna get involved..

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Returning the favor by using the ice cold water from my ice chest with my super soaker has always been effective for me. Who's the prick now. :D

Singleton

Reaction score
Boats getting wet is just insane.

Is it not the boat.
Many years ago, some jackass did the water cannon into my boat after I said don’t do it.
Got me, but got my 1yo daughter who was napping in moms lap. The guys next to the water cannon saw it and took care of business for me (took cannons and broke them in half and pushed the guys out of the channel). I stopped and waited for cops (took forever) and end up purchasing the guys who broke the cannons pizza for the entire group.

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
It says a lot about someone who aims right for your dash and electronics instead of the passengers in the back seat, It's happened to me as well. It's all about trying to do damage to someones boat. Let's not pretend it's a fun game of squirting someone.

tx-19

Reaction score
Happened to us two weeks ago.i won't go threw channel anymore.will stay on north end to bridge

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good luck! We tried that once... didn’t work out as expected. Hubby got nailed in the face and the verbiage went sideways. Called the cops and waited (a loooong time) for them to show up. Cop was nice, but just spoke to both parties and went about his day. No ticket and didn’t even take the soaker!! That was a waste of our time...

Now we pretty much just avoid the channel during summer weekend days.
They can't write a citation unless they see it happen I believe.

shane-o

Reaction score
Was out last weekend passing thought the channel with my wife and two year old. We were passing a boat and my daughter in her half broken language said she wanted to be sprayed. I said whatever shes my princess but a big shout out to the people in the other boat for getting my daughter wet in a respectable way and not wasting her or my boat!!! It makes it fun when the intentions of the water cannon is fun not damage or injury!!!! Just my 2 cents

Reaction score
Make sure they see you recording them with your mobile phone as you approach. Most people won’t do something questionable if being recorded. If they are stupid enough to squirt, show the video to the LHPD when they show up (if it’s worth your time/hassle). We stopped doing holidays and weekends on Havabrew in the 70s. Weekday lake experience much more relaxed. There’s always going to be the 10% wherever you go.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I have never liked this recent trend of squirting people as they drive by. IMO, it’s wrong for a lot of reasons.
Bottom line, disrespectful people showing no regard for other families or personal belongings. Pack it in pack it out, including your water cannons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score

We thought they would at least give a spiel to the jerks and take away the soaker since there’s a law on the books that they’re illegal to even have in the Channel o_O

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Squirting a boat can cause damaged to the electronics. I would love to kick the living shit out of them, but I would probably end up in jail which I can’t afford to do. I would call the police and file a vandalism report and get his info and sue his ass. And boy I would would get the best shit and make him pay hard for being a jack ass.

Sounds great, but I’d bet that 85% of these clowns with their douche guns don’t have a pot to piss in, as why they go to the channel to piss in, so nothing you can do to retaliate really.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That will persuade people to have more respect. Take along a 12V compressor so you can do multiple teaching moments.
It needs a solid 60-80psi to spray good, i doubt those would fill it, but i do have two scuba tanks as well a 40 n0 tank lol bet 250psi n0 would work great! Now just to stop on the way along the 40, to collect a few of those water bottles that are so hot from the sun they’ve “yellowed” :eek:

tx-19

Reaction score
again, no matter what thread is up here you come in to be a prick.
My boat getting wet is one thing. My head as the target and my dash not ok.
You really are a piece of crap. Go piss blood.
Plus the channel water is full of piss and exhaust.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
FBA5DE69-EF7B-4F7C-AF23-60F85B931CE5.gif

sintax

Reaction score
No. No man...Shit no. I believe somebody'd get their ass kicked for doin something like that.

Buggydave

Reaction score
Water balloons filled with water, food coloring, dish soap, and glitter!
Don't ask me how I know! :)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
If it is a misdemeanor or a citable offense (which I'm sure it is), you are correct. The LEO must personally see the offense.

Sent using Tapatalk