WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super soakers in the channel

77charger

Reaction score
Last thing i wanna do is buy a boat that gonna get wet but i dont want it to get wet.Kinda like buying a sand car but hope no one drives by me and it gets dusty.Heck do you dry your feet and shorts off when you step into your boats too.LOL

As for the soakers what the hell they using or are you that close to shore seen many in the 90s and they werent that bad these were the pvc type ones too.

riverroyal

Reaction score
i haven't been through the channel on a weekend this summer. Its been way to crowded.
But i want to...meaning i like the channel. No anchor. No wind. I like seeing the boats.
So for me the all year weekend guy that spends too much money helping city revenue its a bummer what its become.

If your replying on this thread that its ok to get blasted then we mist likely wouldnt hang out much.
Its a respect thing, or lack of.
I bust my ass for my possessions. Im not ok with someone getting my boat wet.
Yeap just water. But its my property, my money, my pride and joy.

Would you be ok at glamis if someone dumped a bucket of sand on you, wife, kids, off road car? Or threw a dirt clod? Only dirt right?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Last thing i wanna do is buy a boat that gonna get wet but i dont want it to get wet.Kinda like buying a sand car but hope no one drives by me and it gets dusty.Heck do you dry your feet and shorts off when you step into your boats too.LOL

As for the soakers what the hell they using or are you that close to shore seen many in the 90s and they werent that bad these were the pvc type ones too.
I do check my feet. I do sit on a towel. I also leave my shoes in the garage and wash both vehicles every week.
Thays my choice. Its not someone else choice to fuck with my habits

riverroyal

Reaction score
you guys act like a water gun is pumping 5gallons into your boat?
your electronics shouldn’t be out? Mine are either in my glove box. And my phone is in my cup holder in the driver seat for music. So it won’tget wet. Like someone said phones are waterresistant now.
The baby will live. The fact the a 6
Month old is out in 120 degree heat should raise more questions then someone trying to cool them off. Infants have a hard time regulating temps.. so keeping them in 120* temp isn’t the smartest decision.
Your food should be covered.
is it right for them to doit? No.
but none of you guys are gonna rumble with people because any person with common sense knows it’s not worth it. You can’t fix stupid so why cry about it?
don’t go if you don’t like it.
channel is cool my brother likes it. I rather not go there. I like hanging at the sandbar or running up
To Topock to admire the go fast boats actually running not just sitting... I want to see them stretch there legs.

good to hear some of you guys actually are using your boats recently! Post more pictures so we can see you guys maken memories with your family instead of complaining..
Electronics are on the dash. Gps nav, audio.
Your missing the point.
Water cannon the lower part of the boat, fine.
Aim for the head or people not fine.
Unfortunately they all go for the heads

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Looking Glass just stop! Use your boat or your buddies boat and just stop. You guys sound like the rooster the keeps yelling at the sun coming up.
Dint want to get attacked do go thru the channel plain and simple. It’s noted that the cops don’t care so quit crying. It is water and you are at the lake?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Electronics are on the dash. Gps nav, audio.
Your missing the point.
Water cannon the lower part of the boat, fine.
Aim for the head or people not fine.
Unfortunately they all go for the heads

if your boat gps and Navi isn’t water resistant you bought the wrong one??

riverroyal

Reaction score
if your boat gps and Navi isn’t water resistant you bought the wrong one??
Ok
Your missing the point.
It my FUCKing gpm and nav, not the little dick fag with the soaker hiding under water.
Im thinking its probably you
I do avoid the channel. So assclowns can break the law and try to piss someone off enough to get into a real altercation.
Someday maybe you will own something you have pride it.
Youll understand then

riverroyal

Reaction score
last (maybe) this is not about getting your boat wet.
If the captain gives the soaker homo the nod its ok then fine.
This isnt that. This is a nope nod or nope hand gesture that still gets blasted. Thats the problem.
Its still illegal. But you cant stop it so its not going away.

Can i spit on your car? Can my dog shit on your lawn?
Its about respect. Not getting a boat wet

gqchris

Reaction score
I got hit last Saturday after waving no by some fat bitch after we passed by. She got my phone sitting on the dash. Iphone 8 Plus. Guess what, now my home button - fingerprint reader doesnt work. Now I have to order a new phone.

But hey, its just water, right?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I got hit last Saturday after waving no by some fat bitch after we passed by. She got my phone sitting on the dash. Iphone 8 Plus. Guess what, now my home button - fingerprint reader doesnt work. Now I have to order a new phone.

But hey, its just water, right?
You sure it was the squirt gun? That phone should be able to be submerged under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.... hell of a lot more than splashing water at distance.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@riverroyal you sound like a grumpy old man. You have a poontoon. The minivan of the water! and you are avoiding the channel because you don’t want to get the Gps and Navi wet from a squirt gun?
Not sayin that the guys should doit but it won’t ruin my day, or have me avoid it. Reason I avoid it is like I said I rather go to the sand bar and watch the boats buzz the tower!

I do own a boat 2 actually... they are my pride and joy.
My boat does have water guns on it, sand toys, barbies, trucks, juice boxes, crackers, and cheetos for my kids to enjoy 😉 if you want I can loan you a water gun?

Last edited:

Sleek Chode

Reaction score
What about a high volume water pump with some hose set up?
We all have pumps on our motors, tee off with a separate hose After your pickup, ball valve and hose fittings on the hose ends. Put a sharp powerful hose nozzle on, dump the boat in neutral and rev to 3000 rpm.... open the valve and hold on to the hose while douching those fucktards. Enough of us do it and the faggotry will stop. Utter disrespect for property.

riverroyal

Reaction score
@riverroyal you sound like a grumpy old man. You have a poontoon. The minivan of the water! and you are avoiding the channel because you don’t want to get the Gps and Navi wet from a squirt gun?
Not sayin that the guys should doit but it won’t ruin my day, or have me avoid it. Reason I avoid it is like I said I rather go to the sand bar and watch the boats buzz the tower!

I do own a boat 2 actually... they are my pride and joy.
My boat does have water guns on it, sand toys, barbies, trucks, juice boxes, crackers, and cheetos for my kids to enjoy 😉 if you want I can loan you a water gun?
Yeap. Grumpy old guy with $100000 pontoon that I don’t want someone splashing.
I guess I’m the ass hole then?
You don’t get it. That’s fine.
you like super soakers, good for you

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Yeap. Grumpy old guy with $100000 pontoon that I don’t want someone splashing.
I guess I’m the ass hole then?
You don’t get it. That’s fine.
you like super soakers, good for you

I am suprised that someone has not been hurt or worse. In these times especially, you spray the "Wrong Guy"?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I am suprised that someone has not been hurt or worse. In these times especially, you spray the "Wrong Guy"?
It’s going to happen. It won’t end well for anyone. That includes all people that enjoy the channel.
The attitude of its no big deal yet it’s the law is a issue. The ‘fellow boater brotherhood’ is not what it was.

Duramax

Reaction score
This, plus my boat is black. If I don't wipe it down in the summer heat it etches the paint. You can't wait till the end of the day either. I should not have to stop and wipe my boat down because some asshole thinks it's funny to hose down a stranger. I wish LE would let people handle it with some street justice, but if you confront one of these idiots and it turns into a fight, everyone goes to jail.
What boat do you own? Black? Wow! Do you have to plan how you get on and off as I bet it get's crazy hot.

I can't for the life of me understand why people think it's funny to squirt down other people when they SPECIFICALLY say no? Yes it's a boat, we get it, but my 3yr old is in here with me. As I get older I still don't have the ability to mentally calm myself if my daughter would get hit. I would be in the water in 0.5 seconds, and it would end horribly for everyone involved, with my daughter crying as I am holding somebodys head underwater screaming, "IT'S ONLY FUCKING WATER"

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It’s going to happen. It won’t end well for anyone. That includes all people that enjoy the channel.
The attitude of its no big deal yet it’s the law is a issue. The ‘fellow boater brotherhood’ is not what it was.

Right On!!. The sad thing is, Life is not what it once was. The beginning of this year since has been a very devisive time in all aspects of life. Think about it, people can not even go the Lake without "Issues'.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@riverroyal guess you get mad at everything in this world...
When I go to the lake I don’t care about anything but having a good time nothing anyone says or does will ruin my time.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

You won’t convince Riverryder. Seems like he’s one of those guys angiebaby was talking about in post #243.

Just think...when we were younger there were always those fools who did stupid shit and acted like complete morons. That goes for at the river and elsewhere. Now those fools are having kids. This is the result.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You won’t convince Riverryder. Seems like he’s one of those guys angiebaby was talking about in post #243.

Just think...when we were younger there were always those fools who did stupid shit and acted like complete morons. That goes for at the river and elsewhere. Now those fools are having kids. This is the result.
nope, he is the guy with the super soaker....now we know

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
nope, he is the guy with the super soaker....now we know
The logical conclusion! The last time I played with a f'ng squirt gun, I was 10. While it is easy to agree that wet boats are a silly thing to fret about, he is missing ALL of the other arguments: causes fights, causes distraction, causes wet stuff that nobody wants wet. Maybe he'd get it if while he was rolling a joint of some of his super duper homegrown and it all got soaked. Dunno. But I think I have the solution.... Let's give @Riverryder dude his own little super soaker zone over by the PWC area. All of the kids and the soaker bros can hang out together. One big wet zone. Maybe have little lockers to drop off their weed prior to the soak fest?

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
With all that is going on in the country right now, the blatant disrespect for others and their property, coupled with those who think it's just fine, all in good fun, "no one really gets hurt, so what's the big deal? "attitude of some people who have posted on this thread does not surprise me. I blame it on lack of parenting and a school system that does not issue legitimate consequences for poor behavior. This is a reflection of the "time out" generation.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
With all that is going on in the country right now, the blatant disrespect for others and their property, coupled with those who think it's just fine, all in good fun, "no one really gets hurt, so what's the big deal? "attitude of some people who have posted on this thread does not surprise me. I blame it on lack of parenting and a school system that does not issue legitimate consequences for poor behavior. This is a reflection of the "time out" generation.

I have heard it Dozens of times. There is No "Family" any longer. No Father, Mother is attempting to Do It All the children, especially Boys raise them self.

How's That Working?

D19

Reaction score
wet.jpg

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Dennis-19 i love it!
@riverroyal Haven’t spent a single day in the channel this year. Went thru it once just to get gas but Covid closed it when I went thru.
@Wizard29 you follow all the rules? Never speed? Never have any fun?
@QC22 don’t smoke, have children 1 boy and 1 girl so yes I play with squirt guns with my children. Don’t smoke have a super important job not worth the risk..
But if you want to have a section for just me I’d gladly accept it..
I think Dave should make a grumpy old man section for you guys to complain about the sun coming up every morning..
@angiebaby don’t take stuff to the lake you don’t want to get wet... and don’t put your baby in the elements until they are atleast a toddler. Maybe your mom didn’t teach you that babies shouldn’t be in 120 degrees cursing thru the channel...

I guess you guys are right. Coming to a online website complain about stuff getting wet going thru a area you know it will get wet is the answer..

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
@Wizard29 you follow all the rules? Never speed? Never have any fun?

Never said I do follow all the rules. But what I don’t do is intentionally assault others and cause them to have bad experiences as a result of my purposeful actions. Other people’s rights do not end where my desires begin. They don’t end where your desires begin either.

It’s just baffling that a few of you don’t understand common decency and respect for others. Just because you think it’s okay for others to take a shot of water to the face doesn’t mean it is. And why take the risk? You get that water spray in someone’s eye just the right way, it’s going to cause some damage. Total lack of decency and respect for others is all it is. I’m betting none of you would laugh it off if you suddenly got hit and it blew the sunglasses off your face.

And as far as a few of you clowns like Dirtbag Dennis talking about not bringing electronics that can get wet, who the hell are you to say people shouldn’t do that? I have VesselView mobile on my boat and I use an iPhone mounted on the dash to view the data. My boat is big. Water does not splash inside it. Under normal circumstances and absent any shitbags that would try to squirt water inside of it, electronics are perfectly safe and acceptable.

I rarely go to Havasu (mainly because of the shitbag factor), so I don’t experience this whole idiotic shoot water at people thing, but as an outside observer, you guys are completely in the wrong and the fact you support it says a lot about your character.

Justfishing

Reaction score
My boat is not a penny over $500 first of all. Second, I’ve had a hot boat. The radio was “marine” and behind an enclosure to keep it from getting wet. Pretty much every phone is water resistant now and should be fine with a bit of water from a squirt gun. Getting hit in the eye would not be cool.

I get it. It’s not cool to get squirted from the super soakers. But it’s not the end of the world. Relax and enjoy the day. It takes more energy to get pissed off then it does to wave hello like the LHPD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To me it seems more like disrespect of others and their property. Dont tell me a boater has to protect their belongings because hey you are in a boat and things can get wet. Some things may ok somethings maybe not. So if i have something sitting there protected from normal boating and you ruin it are you going to pay.

Same mentality as you didnt lock your door so its not the thiefs fault.

What would be the ramifications if someone hooked up a pump and dosed everyone from the boat? I am sure everyone on the bridge be crying.

DMF

Reaction score
Some of these super soakers have strong streams of water that have hit people in the face causing ear and eye damage / injuries. Because you are in a boat and it's water that is being shot at you, that makes it okay for someone to impose physical injuries onto another person? This idea is the stupidest thing I have read on this forum!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Riverryder

Reaction score
I’m just playing the other side of the coin. I know it’s not right but it is what it is. If you get shot and it causes damage or you get hurt pull over get them and call the cops? And Waste your whole day waiting for the cops, then have to go back to havasu to file charges and all that stuff. Or avoid it?

Reactions: D19

the510

Reaction score
Ok
Your missing the point.
It my FUCKing gpm and nav, not the little dick fag with the soaker hiding under water.
Im thinking its probably you
I do avoid the channel. So assclowns can break the law and try to piss someone off enough to get into a real altercation.
Someday maybe you will own something you have pride it.
Youll understand then

People have no respect. I do not agree with random people spraying anything at my boat....

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I’m just playing the other side of the coin. I know it’s not right but it is what it is. If you get shot and it causes damage or you get hurt pull over get them and call the cops? And Waste your whole day waiting for the cops, then have to go back to havasu to file charges and all that stuff. Or avoid it?

Well, then it becomes a question of where you draw the line on “it is what it is.” What if this started at the sand bar? Up at Topock? At the ramp where you launch and retrieve? Wherever it is you like to go and hang out? At some point you have to stop being run out of the areas you frequent just to avoid it.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Never said I do follow all the rules. But what I don’t do is intentionally assault others and cause them to have bad experiences as a result of my purposeful actions. Other people’s rights do not end where my desires begin. They don’t end where your desires begin either.

It’s just baffling that a few of you don’t understand common decency and respect for others. Just because you think it’s okay for others to take a shot of water to the face doesn’t mean it is. And why take the risk? You get that water spray in someone’s eye just the right way, it’s going to cause some damage. Total lack of decency and respect for others is all it is. I’m betting none of you would laugh it off if you suddenly got hit and it blew the sunglasses off your face.

And as far as a few of you clowns like Dirtbag Dennis talking about not bringing electronics that can get wet, who the hell are you to say people shouldn’t do that? I have VesselView mobile on my boat and I use an iPhone mounted on the dash to view the data. My boat is big. Water does not splash inside it. Under normal circumstances and absent any shitbags that would try to squirt water inside of it, electronics are perfectly safe and acceptable.

I rarely go to Havasu (mainly because of the shitbag factor), so I don’t experience this whole idiotic shoot water at people thing, but as an outside observer, you guys are completely in the wrong and the fact you support it says a lot about your character.
An actual candidate for post of the year. Applies to a lot of shit that douchebags don't understand. Frankly, I'd suggest this is the problem with the Antifa, BLM, name any other whiney rioter blah, blah, blah: no respect for other people and their property.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Wizard29 it is what it is my man! You can’t fix stupid and stupid doesn’t want to be fixed? So why complain about it?
I hear what you guys are saying but shit do you guys even enjoy anythin in life anymore?
It’s against the law. But so is the thru hull exhaust that exceeds the decibel limit? Angiebaby baby has sensitive ears should she report you to LE for the infraction?

Reactions: D19

Riverryder

Reaction score
An actual candidate for post of the year. Applies to a lot of shit that douchebags don't understand. Frankly, I'd suggest this is the problem with the Antifa, BLM, name any other whiney rioter blah, blah, blah: no respect for other people and their property.

squirt gun in channel = BlM, antifa And protestors
Ok got it..

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
squirt gun in channel = BlM, antifa And protestors
Ok got it..
And this is CNN.

Edit: BTW, this is called a non-sequitur. Well done.

Edit 2: I'm not saying you are a douchebag either. Just explains why it makes so many people angry. It's not up to a guy with a soaker to decide what happens to my stuff.

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
@Wizard29 it is what it is my man! You can’t fix stupid and stupid doesn’t want to be fixed? So why complain about it?
I hear what you guys are saying but shit do you guys even enjoy anythin in life anymore?
It’s against the law. But so is the thru hull exhaust that exceeds the decibel limit? Angiebaby baby has sensitive ears should she report you to LE for the infraction?

So you give up and just accept. There are those of us who are not as easily disheartened. Again, where do you draw the line? You’re walking in the parking lot to a restaurant with your family after a day on the water and someone blasts you, your wife, or your kids in the face with a super soaker. It is what it is at that point too?

Where do the good guys stop rolling over and taking shit from stupid and go fix it even when it doesn’t want to be fixed?

I wouldn’t take this thread as complaining, necessarily. Sometimes these discussions do yield solutions, whether those those solutions be more attention from LEO to this or people starting to build the devices like WhatExit? posted and ganging up on the assholes. I think the second one would be really entertaining and appropriate.

riverroyal

Reaction score
To say all we do is complain is really a stretch
i consider havasu my 2nd home. Well more than that really.
like every neighborhood there are bad neighbors.
It’s a shame people just don’t give a fuck anymore. I saw glamis do this years ago and stopped going. Guess I need to avoid the channel on weekends to avoid super soaker Ryder.
I’m not the type to confront a person with the soaker but I am the type to wait in Thompson bay for the cops to follow me back and press charges.
it’s my right to do that. It’s not your right to break the law with me as the target.
If you see a white toon blast away, it will be fun to watch the outcome and fuck with the person legally for 6 months.
never know, might get water in my ear or eye

wait.... I suppose that’s me complaining.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Want to fight back? "Super Cannon 2"

sc16.jpg

Or this one:

01.jpg

All kinds of DIY options...

I'm interested in the bit less complicated Model.;)

Riverryder

Reaction score
@riverroyal haha super soaker Ryder that’s awesome! being that my sons name is Ryder It’s pretty funny.
yeah I know the toon you have white Avalon.
Could only imagine the look the cops would give you when they show up to your poontoon and your in tears sayin a 7 year old got your poontoon wet with a squirt gun... haha
I’m sorry you were picked on when you were a child...

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Simple..... you don't want to get squirted by a water cannon don't go through the channel. Your not going to stop it so just avoid it.

D19

Reaction score
I am the type to wait in Thompson bay for the cops to follow me back and press charges.
it’s my right to do that. It’s not your right to break the law with me as the target.
If you see a white toon blast away, it will be fun to watch the outcome and fuck with the person legally for 6 months.
never know, might get water in my ear or eye

4ajs01.jpg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
@riverroyal haha super soaker Ryder that’s awesome! being that my sons name is Ryder It’s pretty funny.
Could only imagine the look the cops would give you when they show up to your poontoon and your in tears sayin a 7 year old got your poontoon wet with a squirt gun... haha

I can tell by the attitude of your posts and total lack of respect for people and their property that you are a fine example of what is wrong in America today and to think you are parenting and nurturing a 7 year old who will surely grow up with the same personal character is a fucking sad deal all the way around.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You know something, i started this thread a year ago. Didnt bring it back from dead but i did add more post.
You, whatever your name is, are a prick. I dislike pretty much no one. Its not in my nature. But your are really a asshole. It is very clear with your posts.
You will fuck with the wrong boat owner at some point. It wont be me, im too old for jail. But im not too old to call the cops. Your ignorant if you think i cant call the cops and escort them right to you and your neat squirt gun then press charges. Its a law. They cant and wont deny this request.

But, this is just the internet. We are all tough guys here. Im sure if we cross paths it will be nothing more than a laugh. Squirt the boat behind me, we should be fine

Looking Glass

Reaction score

I was not going to reply to your first attempt at humor, but since you decided to jump in here the second time to (?) I wanted to remind you of several weeks ago you were Pissing and Moaning about Jack Smith Park/Ramp and everything that did not suit your life. Then you proceeded to slam Bullhead City, and Needles as a couple of Towns that you and others from California keep from closing down. I do not understand your attitude and feelings of the towns that are just trying to do what The State Laws dictate or the Town /State mandates for their ramps etc. These small towns are suffering because of the Corona and just attempting to survive with Orders out of their control.

THEN!!

I thought by pictures you have a Super Nice Boat and would be Upset if you cruised the "Channel" and were soaked by jerk who has no manners or respect for your property. WELL I was wrong as I guess you do not care with your incredible budget anything can be replaced.

There is a group of people Young and Older who take pride in their Boat and their hard earned Electronics and do not want them damaged. They may be with their Family and does not matter if an infant or another adult, and don't want sprayed. The fact that stated several times before, what in the world could ever give you the sense that it is fine to spray a total stranger and his posessions for your amusement? The way many of were raised here we respect others and would never be so arrogant to assume it is O.K. to do anything so ignorant, childish and possibly dangerous.

Good Luck and Have fun.

gqchris

Reaction score
You sure it was the squirt gun? That phone should be able to be submerged under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.... hell of a lot more than splashing water at distance.

Yes its an old Iphone 8. Water resistent but not water proof. I know its water damage because my home button, finger reader and haptic motor are all dead. And i have diagonal lines on lcd. All signs of water damage. Im pretty pissed to say the least.

I had my phone on dash to take a picture of my wife. For all that say it should be stowed away.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
So, if I'm keeping up...all boats that go through the Channel should stow all devices, protect all audio equipment, expect to get blasted with piss water and not be able to protest 'cause "cmon, bro it's the channel" ?

Got it. another reason for an ocean boat...

riverroyal

Reaction score
So, if I'm keeping up...all boats that go through the Channel should stow all devices, protect all audio equipment, expect to get blasted with piss water and not be able to protest 'cause "cmon, bro it's the channel" ?

Got it. another reason for an ocean boat...
Some sharks are assholes. Just watch out