WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Superbowl Tickets

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Anyone have a connection that they have used in the past for tickets. We are going to Miami and have flights & AirBNB, but all the tickets from NFL and StubHub are charging $1200 "service fee," per ticket.

Need a hook up or we are flying there with cash in hand to TRY and score tickets on the day of the game.

Never have done a SB before so pardon the ignorance, but the cost is insane and I am just trying to save wherever we can.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
Anyone have a connection that they have used in the past for tickets. We are going to Miami and have flights & AirBNB, but all the tickets from NFL and StubHub are charging $1200 "service fee," per ticket.

Need a hook up or we are flying there with cash in hand to TRY and score tickets on the day of the game.

Never have done a SB before so pardon the ignorance, but the cost is insane and I am just trying to save wherever we can.

I have a friend in similar situation. Sounds like there may be some sort of lotto if you have season tickets so a few may be coming on market. I use seatgeek.com it pulls tickets from multiple sites but for super bowl don’t know if it will have many tickets showing.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I saw that Costco was selling super bowl tickets in the past don't know if they still do

rvrrun

Reaction score
That should be a bucket list type of trip. Especially if one of the teams is your fave.

...you’re taking the kids, right?

Singleton

Reaction score
I did when the SB was in SD. Thank goodness my roommate was entertaining a player, only way we got in. She fucked her way to SB tickets and i paid the hotel :)

Just got the corporate e-mail while out at the mud caves today, if you are willing to commit to a 100M annual purchase for 5 years I can get you tickets.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My brother is going and paying +$5000 a seat.:eek: He promised his boys he would take them if the Niners won.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Try your centurion card travel concierge. Or any friend you know that has one.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I am starting to have 2nd thoughts on this. The cost is just unreal. Literally the downpayment for my new boat, just to go to a football game.

I know it is a once in a lifetime thing, but I think a line has to drawn at somepoint.

DWC

Reaction score
I’ve been fortunate to get tickets a couple times through work. First time was Denver/GB. We got to SD and the first corner was a guy offering $1,300 a ticket. Sold them in a heartbeat. Went to Torrey Pines and had brunch. Drove back and watched the game at home. Got tickets the the Raiders / TB game, went and wish i would have sold them.
Personally, I wouldn’t do it. Especially wouldn’t do it with the travel expense involved on top of the ticket.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’ve been fortunate to get tickets a couple times through work. First time was Denver/GB. We got to SD and the first corner was a guy offering $1,300 a ticket. Sold them in a heartbeat. Went to Torrey Pines and had brunch. Drove back and watched the game at home. Got tickets the the Raiders / TB game, went and wish i would have sold them.
Personally, I wouldn’t do it. Especially wouldn’t do it with the travel expense involved on top of the ticket.
The only difference is I am a huge Chiefs fan and have been a fan since 3rd grade. I keep thinking......"what if I never get a chance to see them play in the SB again?"

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I am starting to have 2nd thoughts on this. The cost is just unreal. Literally the downpayment for my new boat, just to go to a football game.

I know it is a once in a lifetime thing, but I think a line has to drawn at somepoint.

Buy a new bitchin TV and enjoy from home throwing a great party!

DWC

Reaction score
The only difference is I am a huge Chiefs fan and have been a fan since 3rd grade. I keep thinking......"what if I never get a chance to see them play in the SB again?"

I get it 100%. Raiders are my team. I was pumped. The train ride down to SD was awesome. Bought a throwaway cooler and lived it up on the the way down, in gas lamp and everywhere in between. The game was over for the Raiders in a heartbeat. The trip back home SUCKED. Listening to TB fans during the game SUCKED.
My .02.. If the Chiefs win and you’re there it would be a great experience. it’ll be twice as good in person. If they lose its 10x worse. Buy a badass TV, take your wife on a Ziggy vacation or put it towards the boat fund. You’ll get more out of it in the long run.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I get it 100%. Raiders are my team. I was pumped. The train ride down to SD was awesome. Bought a throwaway cooler and lived it up on the the way down, in gas lamp and everywhere in between. The game was over for the Raiders in a heartbeat. The trip back home SUCKED. Listening to TB fans during the game SUCKED.
My .02.. If the Chiefs win and you’re there it would be a great experience. it’ll be twice as good in person. If they lose its 10x worse. Buy a badass TV, take your wife on a Ziggy vacation or put it towards the boat fund. You’ll get more out of it in the long run.
You are making a lot of sense my friend!!

I have my connection at Rivals.com looking into tickets for me. If he can't get them, then I am probably going to shine it and throw a huge party at my house (with a new 70 inch TV of course).

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I have my connection at Rivals.com looking into tickets for me. If he can't get them, then I am probably going to shine it and throw a huge party at my house (with a new 70 inch TV of course).

Then go to Bali:cool:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would pay that much? Chances are the seats are gonna be shitty too and you ain't gonna see shit. Fuck that...lol. I compare this to doing New Years Eve in Times Square. It would be cool to experience it for the party...but all the shit that goes along with it......fuck that. :D

hawgty55

Reaction score
For me its not a once in a lifetime deal cause theres another one next year. Pocket the cash throw the party. My .02

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Went to the 83 SB at the Rose Bowl with my then roommate. He was from Boston and was pretty good at scalping tickets. We were fortunate that there was an abundance of tickets be sold and we were buying them less than face value and selling them at a pretty good profit. Wound up with two seats mid field that were awesome and both came home with about $1400 more each than what we got there with. Redskins won over the Dolphins 27 to 17.

FishSniper

Reaction score

I had considered doing the same thing when the Broncos were in the Super Bowl a few years ago but once I started adding everything up I said forget it. Had a good BBQ and enjoyed game from home and used the money saved for a vacation.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score

If you do t go this year and they go back again it's only going to cost more. Every year they raise the prices of tickets

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Wait until next year when the game is in the new Rams stadium. :)

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You will see and enjoy the game way more in the comfort of your home with all your friends vs. fighting crowds and strangers all around you heckling.
Your sanity is worth it.
100%

saucedaddy

Reaction score

Been to 2 SB’s and it seems to be the same deal every year. Cheapest ticket will be $2000 each whether you wait til game time or buy now. Most players only get 5 tickets so that option is pretty much out as well. Plan accordingly.:)

rvrrun

Reaction score

50 years since the last one, so who knows. I’m a Chiefs fan too so this is pretty sweet.

It’s sobering when you compare the cost of the trip vs the boat down payment. Rationalize it like this, the coverage will be better on TV, no lines for the bathroom and you get to watch the commercials.

...still, it would be damn cool to go

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
If you are someone who can look back and enjoys the memories do it and don't look back on the cost. If you are like me and can't remember shit don't do it. Hell, I don't even remember my wedding night and that is once in a lifetime experience, well maybe twice, maybe three times.... well you get the point.