WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supercar driver ran out of talent

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Who drives a GT in mid town manhattan?

Riverryder

Reaction score
hes a rich guy. hes crashed a couple of cars as he runs out of talent.
someone posted a picture of the cars hes crashed let me see if i can find it. View attachment 863741
wont let me upload it for some reason

insta
exclusivecarsociety has a couple examples of his crashes

rrrr

Reaction score
Hahaha...

Didja watch the security camera video on roadandtrack.com of him dorking it and hitting the parked van? He jumps out of the throttle, loses the back end, and that's that.

After that happened, the rear of the car was undamaged, and he took off from the crash scene. He made it two blocks before crashing again and finishing the job on the Carrera.

I've driven a GT...from the back of the race shop to the front. :p

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Not only was it a CGT but a Gemballa. I've met him a couple times. Super arrogant but that's what happens when you come from a family like his. Was part owner of the L4P forum before they sold.

traquer

Reaction score
Damn that's a great sounding car. Straightpiped CGT was always one of my favs

rcmike

Reaction score
Not only was it a CGT but a Gemballa. I've met him a couple times. Super arrogant but that's what happens when you come from a family like his. Was part owner of the L4P forum before they sold.
I've met him several times as well. He has always been super nice, but he is clearly from the more money than care set of people. Which is really sad considering some of the cars he has hurt or destroyed..

Luckily so far he has not hurt people, but maybe this will be the wake-up call he needs..

Watching him crunch up his Mercedes CLK-GTR in Monterey was sad.

dave29

Reaction score
This idiot doesn't deserve to have a car like this. No respect, no driving talent and hopefully shortly, no drivers license.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Here’s some more of his handy work. That was a manual SuperVeloce
6E837D77-ACB1-46B5-A70C-9BAC0D702F6B.jpeg

rrrr

Reaction score
no wonder why we cant afford insurance..

Unless you own a $500K + supercar, I don't think his driving has anything to do with what your insurance costs.

:p

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Didn't that ass hat crash a Koenigsegg also?

bonesfab

Reaction score
Unless you own a $500K + supercar, I don't think his driving has anything to do with what your insurance costs.

:p
I am sure it still effects collector car insurance to some degree. That fuck up is probably self insured.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My province owns an insurance company and our mandatory insurance must be purchased via them. You can get extra coverage from a 3rd party private insurer. The government insurance on cars valued over $150k, they'll only sell you the bare minimum to drive. We have a problem with people wrecking their high dollar cars, government insurance can't afford to cover them.

rrrr

Reaction score
My province owns an insurance company and our mandatory insurance must be purchased via them. You can get extra coverage from a 3rd party private insurer. The government insurance on cars valued over $150k, they'll only sell you the bare minimum to drive. We have a problem with people wrecking their high dollar cars, government insurance can't afford to cover them.

That's interesting. I didn't know that Canadian governmental entities held interests in what would be private sector businesses in the US. Do you live in Alberta?

nameisbond

Reaction score
That's interesting. I didn't know that Canadian governmental entities held interests in what would be private sector businesses in the US. Do you live in Alberta?

British Columbia...…………….. we've had the government owned insurance since the 1970's. In the 1960's Canada's health insurance was more like Obama care. In the early 1970's Canada banned co-pays and nearly bankrupted the insurance industry. The government here was basically forced to create an auto insurance company because the private sector fled the province.

rcmike

Reaction score
This is also him...

This time they rented the road, although my friend who actually knows him well says Bugatti was not happy he was going that fast on a public road..