Supercross 2019

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Webb made moves through the pack too.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I watched it on my old stream smart pro. I’m not paying 80 bucks. It makes me feel better about buying a bullet

pixrthis

Reaction score
Supercross is still great entertainment, qualifying was a little more than the races but all in all a great day of racing.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
What up with Jason Anderson? He appeared very timid all night.

nowski

Reaction score
I watched it on my old stream smart pro. I’m not paying 80 bucks. It makes me feel better about buying a bullet

I watched it on NBCSN channel 1640 on AT&T or channel 590 on Verizon...

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
What up with Jason Anderson? He appeared very timid all night.

Yeah, he wasn't pushing.

Great race considering the rain. I think AP will get a few podiums before it's all over.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Was Phoenix televised last night? Positive that my DVR is set up to record but don’t have anything to watch..... DAMMIT

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
went to a handful of the races last season, not going to any this season. good seats from home. last nite's race from Glendale was pretty good. I was happy with both the 250 and 450 main results.

one thing that seems to be consistent this season is the way that Malcom rides... same as his brother... on da gas, let it fly and then fall back or go down. I seem to have missed the extent of his injuries last night, he went down hard! Anyone see or hear any follow up. will he return?

Meaney77

Reaction score
went to a handful of the races last season, not going to any this season. good seats from home. last nite's race from Glendale was pretty good. I was happy with both the 250 and 450 main results.

one thing that seems to be consistent this season is the way that Malcom rides... same as his brother... on da gas, let it fly and then fall back or go down. I seem to have missed the extent of his injuries last night, he went down hard! Anyone see or hear any follow up. will he return?

I read that he broke his femur, sux he was looking promising.

And agree with you it’s hard to beat the seats in front of the TV....

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just finished watching the race, such a bummer to see Malcom wad it up, he was looking really good!

The pass between Anderson and Roczen was a little harsh but thats racing.

Never would have expected Bagget to take the win, but he killed it and was looked really smooth and fast!

A2 should be interesting, any predictions??

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
When ever my DVR doesn't record the race (my fault), I'll just go on to Youtube and i can always find the main events shortly after the live air.

Regarding the Anderson/Roczen exchange, I've always thought and still think Anderson is on the edge of being a dirty rider, he's just very aggressive. But at the same time, I think that Kenny shoud've maybe been aware of what was going on behind him, and could've protected his line. Anderson felt bad for the take out, but I'm still not a fan of that kind of riding. On to A2..

pixrthis

Reaction score
Just finished watching the race, such a bummer to see Malcom wad it up, he was looking really good!

The pass between Anderson and Roczen was a little harsh but thats racing.

Never would have expected Bagget to take the win, but he killed it and was looked really smooth and fast!

A2 should be interesting, any predictions??

It’s wide open but if I put money on someone this I’d put it on Tomac. Really happy to see Baggit get a win. Can’t wait for Saturday.

RVRKID

Reaction score
A2 let’s Go!
IMG_5046.jpg
IMG_2489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixrthis

Reaction score
Better than I expected but will make it hard or impossible to ride for a while.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Damn, the championship is wide open.

I’m thinking Cooper Webb has a very real shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Damn, the championship is wide open.

I’m thinking Cooper Webb has a very real shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He definitely has a better shot than he did last week now that he got the monkey of "first win" off of his back. I do still think that this is Ken's or Eli's title to lose, they have both shown maturity that they haven't in years past, no wins yet but both leading the points. I don't think Coop is immune to a few random 8th place finishes throughout the season which would be hard to overcome.

mbrown2

Reaction score
https://racerxonline.com/2019/01/22/jason-anderson-injured-in-practice-crash

Jason Anderson out for 8 weeks with broken arm, broken ribs, and lacerated kidney.

Deathcross claims another one.

So far the 2019 season has claimed Anderson, Stewart, Osborne, Peick, and maybe Barcia.
That is so unfortunate. However, Jason looks like a fraction of the rider he was in 2018. He has been timid; not pushing, and not fast even when he led or was pushing. He had to revert to block tactics because most were gaining and even when he held leads he did not create a gap like last year. Last weekend even when he tried to get aggressive ....it was unfortunately on that 2nd turn with Reed and Reed outmuscled him and Jason quickly fell down the pack and never recovered. Even he said his offseason was filled with distractions that come from being the champ. I am a Jason fan and it was tough watching him these first couple races. He needs to figure it out for outdoors quickly. Husky really has to be second guessing the Wilson move.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Holy hell Batman. It’s a complete mud fest in San Diego tonight!!:eek:

It’s the worst conditions I’ve ever seen, including motocross.

Xring01

Reaction score
Nope...
Legs are To short for a mud race...

Roczen or Tomac...

I predict, Bogle gets the whole shot, and wrecks in 2 lap.... again

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Finally got the 1st place pick and was on track to get the 3rd place....until he moved into 2nd on the last couple turns :mad:

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I got #1 and #3. One of my picks blew up his bike, and the other hurt his chest is practice. The others I don’t want to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
When was the last time a LCQ won a main event???

By the time these guy's make it to the main event there spent...

BTW, I'd rather see the Monster Energy Girls play in that kind of mud without the the lime of course...

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
So apparently the AMA and FELD, in all of their infinite wisdom, tried to throw down a lot of quick lime on the track in an attempt to dry it out. However, they went overboard to the extent that riders have chemical burns, aluminum frames and engine cases are etched and corroded etc.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out this week.

attitude

Reaction score
So apparently the AMA and FELD, in all of their infinite wisdom, tried to throw down a lot of quick lime on the track in an attempt to dry it out. However, they went overboard to the extent that riders have chemical burns, aluminum frames and engine cases are etched and corroded etc.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out this week.
I feel bad for all the privateers, that’s really going to suck both time and money wise for them. That is also not taking into account the damage to their bodies that they have to deal with:(

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
here are some photos of the chemical burns and damaged bikes.

Burn.jpg

Chad Reed's bike

Chad reed.jpg

Factory Honda engines

Lime engine.jpg

Vince friese burns

friese.jpg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of people posting about this, whats up with the Lyme? Was it supposed to do something to the dirt because of all the storm activity?

My understanding is that it was mixed in with the dirt when they were building the track because they knew the rain was coming in an attempt to help with moisture level on the track.

thmterry

Reaction score
Do the riders sign a release to absolve the AMA from any liability?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Its bad. Dozens of bikes ruined. Looks anyways.
Guys are all burned up.

I dont know how a event like this gets away with a rain event. Swppp is a huge huge deal. I cant put a shovel in the ground without plans and permits.
Where did all the mud go from Saturday? Tracked out of stadium to pits. Then washed down storm drains.
Ama and feld may have really fucked up

Meaney77

Reaction score
On a side note I am not surprised to see Vince Friese whining like the little bitch he is!!!

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Riders aren't smart enough to unionize, never have been. There will be another race next weekend and they'll all be there.

Most dirt for these events is stored on site or somewhere local between events.

oldschool

Reaction score
When was the last time a LCQ won a main event???

By the time these guy's make it to the main event there spent...

BTW, I'd rather see the Monster Energy Girls play in that kind of mud without the the lime of course...
Tomac maybe?

oldschool

Reaction score
My understanding is that it was mixed in with the dirt when they were building the track because they knew the rain was coming in an attempt to help with moisture level on the track.
Didn't look like it did much, except burn the hell out of guys and ruin equipment.