WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supercross 2021

Meaney77

Reaction score
Pretty bummed that we won't be able to attend any races this year....

1st race is this weekend and looks like you can stream it on Peacock now instead of the NBC Gold app. Not sure if there is a subscription fee to watch.

Anxious to see how Barcia does on the Gas Gas and hopefully some decent battles with Tomac and Roczen-other than that not really sure what to expect.

We will be watching the race from Dove Springs, looking forward to getting out.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
This is the only sport I really give a shit about so I picked up the Peacock subscription it's 9.99 a month for ad free. The service is actually pretty good. They have a bunch of current tv programming and sports on there. If I could get local channels from Peacock I'd ditch Youtube's streaming service. Back to the supercross: The two major bummers for me this year is, no west coast racing at all except for the last round in salt lake city. The second thing is Ralph Sheheen is not announcing anymore. He's replaced this year by Leigh Diffey. He's the annoying Aussie that announced briefly during the start of the 2020 season.

As far as racing goes this field is insanely stacked this year. I know that gets said every year but seriously I don't think will see any privateers regularly making mains. I just did a little research and out of the 22 rider main 21 of these guys are fast. 8 of them realistically have a chance at winning a title.

Here's the list
Possible title winners in no particular order:
1. Eli Tomac 2 Ken Roczen 3 Cooper Webb 4 Marvin Musquin 5 Jason Anderson 6 Justin Barcia 7 Adam Cianciarulo 8 Zach Osborne

Rest of the field in no particular order:
9 Chase Sexton 10 Dean Wilson 11 Justin Brayton 12 Dylan Ferrandis 13 Shane McElrath 14 Aaron Plessinger 15 Malcolm Stewart 16 Joey Savatagy 17 Justin Bogle 18 Benny Bloss 19 Vince Friese 20 Broc Tickle 21 Martin Davalos

That leaves one spot at the gate for riders like Alex Ray, The 7deuce deuce, Kyle Chisolm, Tyler Bowers, Freddy Noren or Chad Reed if he wants to show up😄 I know they'll be riders that crash and/or have off nights and some of these guys will get in but man that's a stacked field!

My predictions for this year, I think Cooper Webb and Zach Osborne are going to be at the top this year. These guys ride and train together and there both gritty and determined to do it this year. Both are healthy at this point and I see good things happening for these two. Of course I'd love to see Ken Roczen come in and take a title. Man that guy is a badass! I think Adam Cianciarulo is also going to be really strong this year as well. The outdoors went well for him and if he can carry that momentum into 2021 it will be good for him.

Meaney77

Reaction score
This is the only sport I really give a shit about so I picked up the Peacock subscription it's 9.99 a month for ad free. The service is actually pretty good. They have a bunch of current tv programming and sports on there. If I could get local channels from Peacock I'd ditch Youtube's streaming service. Back to the supercross: The two major bummers for me this year is, no west coast racing at all except for the last round in salt lake city. The second thing is Ralph Sheheen is not announcing anymore. He's replaced this year by Leigh Diffey. He's the annoying Aussie that announced briefly during the start of the 2020 season.

As far as racing goes this field is insanely stacked this year. I know that gets said every year but seriously I don't think will see any privateers regularly making mains. I just did a little research and out of the 22 rider main 21 of these guys are fast. 8 of them realistically have a chance at winning a title.

Here's the list
1. Eli Tomac 2 Ken Roczen 3 Cooper Webb 4 Marvin Musquin 5 Jason Anderson 6 Justin Barcia 7 Adam Cianciarulo 8 Zach Osborne

9 Chase Sexton 10 Dean Wilson 11 Justin Brayton 12 Dylan Ferrandis 13 Shane McElrath 14 Aaron Plessinger 15 Malcolm Stewart 16 Joey Savatagy 17 Justin Bogle 18 Benny Bloss 19 Vince Friese 20 Broc Tickle 21 Martin Davalos

That leaves one spot at the gate for riders like Alex Ray, The 7deuce deuce, Kyle Chisolm, Tyler Bowers, Freddy Noren or Chad Reed if he wants to show up😄 I know they'll be riders that crash and/or have off nights and some of these guys will get in but man that's a stacked field!

My predictions for this year, I think Cooper Webb and Zach Osborne are going to be at the top this year. These guys ride and train together and there both gritty and determined to do it this year. Both are healthy at this point and I see good things happening for these two. Of course I'd love to see Ken Roczen come in and take a title. Man that guy is a badass! I think Adam Cianciarulo is also going to be really strong this year as well. The outdoors went well for him and if he can carry that momentum into 2021 it will be good for him.

Nice predictions! Honestly with all of this shit going on last season, I lost track of the season along with the outdoor season- it just wasn't the same.

Looking forward to seeing some great racing!

CR22 coming back this season would be my wife's wet dream, he did get the short end of the stick on his "one last ride" last season and he will be missed this year.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Here's the list

I don't think they'll win the tile, but I think there're guys in your second group that will be winning races, or at least on the podium. Should be a competitive year.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Are we not doing the fantasy league this year? I can’t remember who put last years on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thmterry

Reaction score
Are we not doing the fantasy league this year? I can’t remember who put last years on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldschool

Reaction score
Field is as stacked as it’s ever been and should be exciting. It’s a war of attrition, any of the top guys can win it, just a matter of who stays healthy. Fucking pumped for some SX!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Rooting for Roczen again! this might be his last season to really shine...

Is it still on directv NBC channels? I need to make sure I set up my DVR as we will be out of town.

Hoping Jet Lawrence comes in and dominates the 250's

riverroyal

Reaction score
who cares!!! NO way it can get worse. Emig retired also

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
who cares!!! NO way it can get worse. Emig retired also
Well, we get to disagree on this. I think Shaheen and Emig are way better than Leigh Diffey and Carmichael, although Ricky did get a little better as the year went on.

Now, is this only gonna be on PEACOCK?, or NBCSN? All this streaming stuff is getting out of hand.

riverroyal

Reaction score
its leigh and todd harris. RC is the 'analist' Harris is good. RC is fine. Sheehen made me insane, Emig was fine. They need David bailey and ?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
One of my customers is Kawasaki, they have all said the name of the game with this seasons schedule is going to be staying healthy and consistent. its going to be a interesting season for sure.

riverroyal

Reaction score
They race Saturday and then Tuesday. Total guess on results this year.
These guys practice at race speeds, but one injury and your season point run is over

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
The trick will be not getting Covid. Once a rider or a mechanic gets that it will screw the whole team due to the quarantine rules.

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t like the 2 races a week, it’s hard to watch one race a week and actually enjoy the racing!

if you get behind one week your kinda screwed

coooper! For the win. Actually liked Tomac better but my buddy picked him and we have a bet going.....

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Dianna Dahlgren worked out at EOS fitness for awhile in Murrieta! Not a bad site to see during your morning workout.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Nice predictions! Honestly with all of this shit going on last season, I lost track of the season along with the outdoor season- it just wasn't the same.

Looking forward to seeing some great racing!

CR22 coming back this season would be my wife's wet dream, he did get the short end of the stick on his "one last ride" last season and he will be missed this year.

I think Reedy got screwed on his farewell tour unfortunately and your wife will have to find someone new to dream about. He's spending a lot of time hanging with his kids around BMX tracks these days.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
How do I watch on Roku? Just cancelled DirecTV.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Is there a way to watch the race again on Peacock? We were in the desert all weekend and I missed most of the race.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
So far the first two races have been pretty boring, especially the mains

attitude

Reaction score
Yup, after the first turn it was a snooze fest, although I do like the enthusiasm of Jett Lawrence
Jett and his brother are both fast, once they mature a little and don’t make so many Rookie mistakes they will be top contenders as Jett showed last night. They are living the life.