WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Superduty Tailgate Theft / Murrieta

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Well.... the scumbags got me. Thought I was safe by having the latch locked along with the added aftermarket hinge lock. Guess they are just prying the hinge lock off. Sucks, should of had it backed in against the garage. My useless ring cam in the driveway didn't trip either.

Anyone have any leads on a 2011- 2016 Ford SD Tailgate in black?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks and nothing is safe with meth heads.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Sucks ass [emoji107]
I lock mine (manually with the key, when I remember) and also have the hose clamp mod. I really want to add a power lock so that it auto-locks when I lock the truck...like a lot of newer trucks do.

There are over 500 used tailgates for sale on Craigslist Dallas.
These fuckers are busy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Mine was locked at the latch and I had a McGard lock on the hinge that they were able to pry off, found a piece of it on the ground. I’m thinking next time I will epoxy a gps tracking tile to the inside.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Sucks ass [emoji107]
I lock mine (manually with the key, when I remember) and also have the hose clamp mod. I really want to add a power lock so that it auto-locks when I lock the truck...like a lot of newer trucks do.

There are over 500 used tailgates for sale on Craigslist Dallas.
These fuckers are busy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There may be over 500 ads but... the thieves steal a tailgate once someone responds to their ad. I found this out first hand. Was getting a tailgate to replace a smashed one. Meet the guys at Tyler mall. They brought a F150 tailgate he just stole. I needed a superduty tailgate. Guy forgot to ask what ad I was talking about.