WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Support a company or not based on political beliefs of CEO/owner?

Taboma

Reaction score
I've heard that Eliminator has a liberal salesman :eek, but a conservative gelcoater :D --- oh shit, now what :headscratch:

Guess I'll keep my Cole, cuz I haven't got a clue what that grumpy ole bastard was :rolleyes

wzuber

Reaction score
Ya know crub, there's always proof reading before hitting send.:rolleyes Mornin.....:D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I've heard that Eliminator has a liberal salesman :eek, but a conservative gelcoater :D --- oh shit, now what :headscratch:

Guess I'll keep my Cole, cuz I haven't got a clue what that grumpy ole bastard was :rolleyes

I bet that conservative gelcoater doesn't mind working on a democrats boat. He may have done mine when it was new. :D

Taboma

Reaction score
I bet that conservative gelcoater doesn't mind working on a democrats boat. He may have done mine when it was new. :D

Have you checked carefully for any hidden ghost messages in the gel ? :rolleyes

530RL

Reaction score
Who someone supports politically has nothing to do with what type of person they are, how they treat people who are less fortunate, if the they are fair to others or not in life and business, if they treat others with the respect that others treat them or even when backed against a wall, will they stand up and risk themselves for their fellow citizen or for what they believe in.

Good people come in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, skin colors, political affiliations and as much as it pains the P&G section, even in all religions.

I'll take a good person of any political belief over an asshole all day, every day whether it be for business, or just having a drink.

wzuber

Reaction score
for me, when it became clear to me that their agenda (illegal immigration specifically for example) clearly threatens mine and my families, friends, neighbors etc. lives, well being and the like, it changed me inside. Watching good friends in deep agony and despair and another family members (grandma) subsequent heart broken death over the heinous murder (raped and set afire) of a very good, productive, mother, wife, daughter, grand daughter it became un-avoidably real. So many more aspects of the left's agenda threaten to destroy our way of life as we enjoy it (seen Venezuela lately?)
Yes, I too "vote" with my dollars etc. on a daily basis. How else are we to manage the situation mostly beyond our control?

pcrussell50

Reaction score
for me, when it became clear to me that their agenda (illegal immigration specifically for example) clearly threatens mine and my families, friends, neighbors etc. lives, well being and the like, it changed me inside. Watching good friends in deep agony and despair and another family members (grandma) subsequent heart broken death over the heinous murder (raped and set afire) of a very good, productive, mother, wife, daughter, grand daughter it became un-avoidably real. So many more aspects of the left's agenda threaten to destroy our way of life as we enjoy it (seen Venezuela lately?)
Yes, I too "vote" with my dollars etc. on a daily basis. How else are we to manage the situation mostly beyond our control?

All that is true, but you don't need that level of justification in order for it to be reasonable to control your borders. Every country should control it's borders and most do. Even Mexico does. So does Australia, and New Zealand, and Canada, and... blah blah blah. Why should we be any different?

-Peter

westair

Reaction score
Have you ever quit supporting a business due the political preferences of the owner/CEO?

No. This is America. Everyone has a right to their political views and because they disagree with mine doesn't mean I hate them or that I am 100% right or they are 100% wrong. That's the problem with America today. Just look at all the spoiled ass young liberals whining about the fact that Trump won the election. I will not throw a spending tantrum because a certain CEO supported Hillary wants to fight "Global Warming". I choose businesses based upon their ability to provide me the best product or service for my dollar. Whether that's Apple or the corner gas station.

Why? Because competition is the cornerstone of capitalism.

Its goes way beyond just having political views ..... some liberal businesses spend millions on politicians that directly threaten our way of life.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
All that is true, but you don't need that level of justification in order for it to be reasonable to control your borders. Every country should control it's borders and most do. Even Mexico does. So does Australia, and New Zealand, and Canada, and... blah blah blah. Why should we be any different?

-Peter

If Mexico did such a good fucking job we wouldn't have an immigration issue. Many illegals are from Central and south America, not Mexico.

530RL

Reaction score
If Mexico did such a good fucking job we wouldn't have an immigration issue. Many illegals are from Central and south America, not Mexico.

Are you suggesting it is easier to stop illegal entry when everyone is trying to leave........... :D

pcrussell50

Reaction score

Do we have an immigration problem? Immigration is an above-board process of application, interview, vetting, etc and as far as I can tell works pretty much as intended for the applicants who participate in an above-board fashion. Circumvention of that process is criminal invasion, even if they don't go on to commit more traditional crimes. Get caught illegally in Mexico or Australia and tell them you have committed no crime and see how well that flies.

-Peter

RodnJen

Reaction score
Sometimes, yes. Not a hard and fast rule for me. I have no reason to enter a Hobby Lobby and I avoid Chick-fil-a.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I let the situation dictate itself. Politics and religion shouldn' mix with smart business, but many are ate up with their personal opinions. The OP and the newsletter is going overboard and the CEO to me lost track of what his Father did to build a business he now controls.

It's one's own money and we can spend it as we see fit. Normally plenty of options.

The zealots I don't understand are typically those in entertainment. I buy a ticket to hear or view your talents, don't make it political during the event or advertising. You will lose revenue in the end and it's no one else's fault.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys buy stuff off Amazon? [emoji3]

PS, I don't buy anything sold by Trump or Ivanka. [emoji23]

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Do we have an immigration problem? Immigration is an above-board process of application, interview, vetting, etc and as far as I can tell works pretty much as intended for the applicants who participate in an above-board fashion. Circumvention of that process is criminal invasion, even if they don't go on to commit more traditional crimes. Get caught illegally in Mexico or Australia and tell them you have committed no crime and see how well that flies.

-Peter

I said issue, not problem. And we are talking Mexico not Australia. The fact of the matter is many Central and south American immigrants pass through Mexico illegally.

So if Mexico was so on the ball, illegal immigration into this country wouldn't be as large as it is today.

Meaney77

Reaction score
ben & jerrys ice cream... wont buy their shit ever again.

I kind of feel the same way about GM- not necessarily for any political views. But more because of the way they handled their finances a few years back and took the bail out money. I am not savvy of all of the details but at the 10000 ft level it just left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole deal.

Ironic enough my wife is in love with the new Denali and wants one bad!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I find it interesting how many conservatives in this thread will try to only do business with conservative ran business, yet send their children to liberal (government) schools. Where do you draw the line?

I would wager that most conservatives on RDP have a boat loan, a car loan, a business line of credit, a mortgage or some other type of financing. You all love the record low interest rates on these loans, but why? Was it not a bunch of liberals who created quantitative easing and low rates? Again, where do you draw the line?

In my opinion, both parties are a joke and the political game is 100% rigged. In recent years it has become so damn obvious that both parties work together and are influenced by the same people; Unfortunately those people are not the American voters. Take a look at Trump's promise to end Obamacare fro example. How's that working out? :)

I say turn off the cable news and stop letting the elite powers of the world brainwash you and continue to divide us. Truth is that there's a lot of piece of shit Republicans and there are a lot of worthless POS Democrats out there. Political affiliation is irrelevant. If your a POS, you're a POS. Quit pointing fingers, blaming others for what's wrong and live your life.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you exclude 50% of the population from the cohort you associate with, you're missing out on, well, a lot.

Politics and religion are best kept private.

That being said, I do try to vote with my wallet when people/businesses go out of their way to make a stand I may or may not agree with. But that's probably like 5% of the decisions I make, if that.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I wanted to correct the inaccuracies in my first post regarding the history of this company (name mentioned on post #45). The CEO/owner built the business from ground up. The father's original business was purchased by the father's oldest daughter and the son-in-law in 1992 (it's still in operation today).

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Tyson Chicken

They are anti-American and pro muslim, No thank you.

Dan'l

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm just hoping that stupid question that's going around on FB "Would you buy a brick for the wall if it was a 100 bucks?" Turns into reality, because I'd like to purchase 10K to start.. If we can sell advertising spots on our sections, I'll buy even more. :)

I find it interesting how many conservatives in this thread will try to only do business with conservative ran business, yet send their children to liberal (government) schools. Where do you draw the line?

I would wager that most conservatives on RDP have a boat loan, a car loan, a business line of credit, a mortgage or some other type of financing. You all love the record low interest rates on these loans, but why? Was it not a bunch of liberals who created quantitative easing and low rates? Again, where do you draw the line?

In my opinion, both parties are a joke and the political game is 100% rigged. In recent years it has become so damn obvious that both parties work together and are influenced by the same people; Unfortunately those people are not the American voters. Take a look at Trump's promise to end Obamacare fro example. How's that working out? :)

I say turn off the cable news and stop letting the elite powers of the world brainwash you and continue to divide us. Truth is that there's a lot of piece of shit Republicans and there are a lot of worthless POS Democrats out there. Political affiliation is irrelevant. If your a POS, you're a POS. Quit pointing fingers, blaming others for what's wrong and live your life.

On a lot of levels you are right Dennis.. Federalizing the public education system was a horrendous mistake. Very much the same as States taking Federal money for roads etc.. Everyone was doing just fine before the grants, and now we can't live without them. It's all about control.

RD

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that stupid question that's going around on FB "Would you buy a brick for the wall if it was a 100 bucks?" Turns into reality, because I'd like to purchase 10K to start.. If we can sell advertising spots on our sections, I'll buy even more. :)

On a lot of levels you are right Dennis.. Federalizing the public education system was a horrendous mistake. Very much the same as States taking Federal money for roads etc.. Everyone was doing just fine before the grants, and now we can't live without them. It's all about control.

RD

If Mexico would pay for the wall you wouldn't have to spend your hard earned bucks RD. [emoji3]

pcrussell50

Reaction score
I said issue, not problem. And we are talking Mexico not Australia. The fact of the matter is many Central and south American immigrants pass through Mexico illegally.

Not sure what your point is here, mate. It is generally not illegal or unwelcome to pass through a country as a visitor, on your way to another country where you intend to stay.
So... Yes... They pass through Mexico... On their way here... Where they intend to stay. It's the staying that's the problem, not the visiting or passing through. Most countries welcome visitors. Where you become unwelcome is when you turn your visit permanent, illegally. Get caught overstaying in Mexico (or Australia or any other country that controls it's borders) and see if you get treated as well as a Mexican who overstays here.

BTW, everybody knows that some illegal aliens in the USA are from Central and South America... some. Not all. Not even close. I assume you know this, but it's hard to tell from the context of your posts. Or are you actually trying to present the case that the majority of illegal aliens in this country are not Mexicans but are in fact Central or South Americans?

-Peter

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Ironic enough my wife is in love with the new Denali and wants one bad!

Definitely the it car for the well heeled suburban mom. A couple of years ago, it was the Escalade, now it's all Yukon Denali, all the time. My SIL, is married to a retired NFL football player. If I had a dime for every mansion in their neighborhood sporting a Tesla and a Denali, I could retire early myself.

-Peter

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don't know why a CEO of any company would make any of their political/social views public. It can, and usually is, bad for business. Keep your trap shut and keep make money for the shareholders.

It seems more likely when an offspring takes over a successful company?

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Nope just about anything you can get on Amazon you can get at Wal Mart online and usually cheaper. They also have free 2 day shipping without a membership.

Singleton

Reaction score
Nope just about anything you can get on Amazon you can get at Wal Mart online and usually cheaper. They also have free 2 day shipping without a membership.

You need to research Walmart's vendor/supplier relationships. The requirements to do business with WM are insane and the influence WM can have on vendor/supplier are not good. I limit WM shopping as much as possible (when no other alternative is available) due to those practices.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've tried but it's hard. I dislike Walmart because I'm a union guy and I dislike target because I'm a Christian. Doesn't leave a lot of options

pcrussell50

Reaction score
It seems more likely when an offspring takes over a successful company?

Those of us in our 40's and older, from Kali, still remember when it was Cali. Something has happened here, and not for the better. My working theory these days ties right into what you just said above... CA used to be the beacon of freedom and liberty for the entire world. Now, it leads the world in the confiscation of liberty, as anyone who is old enough to remember when you could have bonfires on the beach and build boats here without $10M VOC scrubbers. Clark Foam still existed, and was the surfboard blank maker to the entire world, surfers weren't crammed together into tiny spots between the flags to accommodate a handful of bathers who braved the 60 degree water for a few minutes at a time. The car hobby was about speed, not about stereos and neon lights, and tricking "the man" when you do hop up your car.

And what I think happened is exactly what you said above. We are now in the era where the show and the politics are being run by the children of the successful from the 60's, 70's, 80's, who grew up with privilege, and never had to learn what it really takes to make it, and don't understand how much harder it is, with the obstacles the state places these days. So they are a lot more accommodating of liberty and power grabs as long as they believe it is to help less fortunate... while missing the fact that it's these liberty grabs that are keeping them less fortunate.

At least that's my theory about how Cali became Kali.

-Peter

530RL

Reaction score
I've tried but it's hard. I dislike Walmart because I'm a union guy and I dislike target because I'm a Christian. Doesn't leave a lot of options

Thank god I'm a pagan in management.........

SuperDave013

Reaction score
I vote with my $$$ everyday just like many others do. I would be a fool to use my business as a front to voice my politics. Hey, the people that don't agree with me ..... I still want their money too ya know.

Riley1

Reaction score

I know for that a fact that Walmart has built at least two stores with Union labor. Are you anti Walmart because their lot boys and checkers are not Union? Some jobs are stepping stones and nothing more. I am in a Union, a Union that trains me in a trade and a skill. Unions for the sake of unions in my opinion are not the same. The SEIU and state employee unions in my opinion do not share any similarities with trade unions and I wish that they were not categorized the same. I've heard from my Union before "you gotta pay to play" wish the would have payed the right instead of the left. Any hard working tradesmen that I have met more aligns with conservative values anyway.

BTW. I love Chic Fil A. Never had one of their sandwiches until they openly supported REAL marriage. I chose to support them based on their values.

Riley1

Reaction score
Ever since Campbell's had the 2 fathers commercial 2 years ago, my family refuses to purchase any of their products. They took it off the air, but that's not enough. Until they come out and say that they were wrong and immoral in their advertising and views, we will continue to boycott their products.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Ever since Campbell's had the 2 fathers commercial 2 years ago, my family refuses to purchase any of their products. They took it off the air, but that's not enough. Until they come out and say that they were wrong and immoral in their advertising and views, we will continue to boycott their products.
That a boy [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji202]

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I know for that a fact that Walmart has built at least two stores with Union labor. Are you anti Walmart because their lot boys and checkers are not Union? Some jobs are stepping stones and nothing more. I am in a Union, a Union that trains me in a trade and a skill. Unions for the sake of unions in my opinion are not the same. The SEIU and state employee unions in my opinion do not share any similarities with trade unions and I wish that they were not categorized the same. I've heard from my Union before "you gotta pay to play" wish the would have payed the right instead of the left. Any hard working tradesmen that I have met more aligns with conservative values anyway.

BTW. I love Chic Fil A. Never had one of their sandwiches until they openly supported REAL marriage. I chose to support them based on their values.

What union trade are you in that "hard working tradesmen" value conservative values anyway?

Riley1

Reaction score
Local 18? The IUEC is a great union to be in. Our wage package is similar to yours. :thumbsup

Yes. Have referred many friends to your Union because of how good your benefits are and you recruit every year (June?). But those I referred didn't try and thus didn't deserve the opportunity. [emoji6]