WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Support a company or not based on political beliefs of CEO/owner?

Lumpy

Reaction score
Politics and business don't mix. In this day and age any CEO/CFO stupid enough to bring politics into business needs to have there fucking head examined. That being said there are exceptions....businesses based on political beliefs
and like mind people may be OK but should tread lightly. Frankly I feel safe here and try to keep myself quiet when it comes to politics. Guns and apple pie is who I am.....you take my pie....I`ll fucking shoot you dead and
feed you to the dogs.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yes. Have referred many friends to your Union because of how good your benefits are and you recruit every year (June?). But those I referred didn't try and thus didn't deserve the opportunity. [emoji6]

Yep. We just had a large group of applicants go thru the testing process last month.

BTW..Chick Fil A has a lot of franchise owners who may not agree with the companies "real marriage" values. ;)

Riley1

Reaction score
What union trade are you in that "hard working tradesmen" value conservative values anyway?

When I say conservative values in this context, it means work for your money, not giving free hand outs to people who choose not to.

I see 3 ways one can have conservative values.

Religious. Supporting Christian Judeo teachings which do not hate, but do not support or praise anything having to do with LGBT or abortion, or anti God.

The 2nd. Supporting the right to bear arms. For whatever reason the left is fighting this hard and leaves no room for any gun owners on their side. JMHO

Financial. Not floating healthcare and living costs for people unwilling to work for it. Most conservatives give to charity and help when they feel it is warranted.

Disclaimer.
This is only how I view the world at the moment.

Riley1

Reaction score
Yep. We just had a large group of applicants go thru the testing process last month.

BTW..Chick Fil A has a lot of franchise owners who may not agree with the companies "real marriage" values. ;)

And they still choose to be a part of it. That's awesome. The best part of America is being able to disagree and still servile/thrive. That's what I feel has been under attack to last few years.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
You need to research Walmart's vendor/supplier relationships. The requirements to do business with WM are insane and the influence WM can have on vendor/supplier are not good. I limit WM shopping as much as possible (when no other alternative is available) due to those practices.

I really do not care about their vendor/supplier relationship. If the vendor/supplier chooses to do business with them, then that is their choice.

When I was working, we chose not to do business with some large general contractors because their contracts were too one sided.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ever since Campbell's had the 2 fathers commercial 2 years ago, my family refuses to purchase any of their products. They took it off the air, but that's not enough. Until they come out and say that they were wrong and immoral in their advertising and views, we will continue to boycott their products.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

RodnJen

Reaction score
Ever since Campbell's had the 2 fathers commercial 2 years ago, my family refuses to purchase any of their products. They took it off the air, but that's not enough. Until they come out and say that they were wrong and immoral in their advertising and views, we will continue to boycott their products.

How do you feel about Cheerios and bi-racial family?

dribble

Reaction score

When I say conservative values in this context, it means work for your money, not giving free hand outs to people who choose not to.

I see 3 ways one can have conservative values.

Religious. Supporting Christian Judeo teachings which do not hate, but do not support or praise anything having to do with LGBT or abortion, or anti God.

The 2nd. Supporting the right to bear arms. For whatever reason the left is fighting this hard and leaves no room for any gun owners on their side. JMHO

Financial. Not floating healthcare and living costs for people unwilling to work for it. Most conservatives give to charity and help when they feel it is warranted.

Disclaimer.
This is only how I view the world at the moment.

OK so just out of curiosity. Do you boycott Time Warner and all of their subsidiaries? ABC? FOX?

Clearly, IMO HBO, Cinemax and a host other cable entertainment companies owned by Time Warner go out of their way to support and praise all of the things you mentioned. They also own TBS, TNT, Warner Bros Pictures and the Cartoon Network.

Also, here is a list of Media outlets who have been given high scores by GLADD for supporting the Gay and Transgender lifestyle in their programming. ABC Family. Really?

The grades of Excellent, Good, Adequate, or Failing were awarded based on the quality, diversity, and relative quantity of LGBT representations in each network's original programming. FOX is the first broadcast network to receive an "Excellent" grade.

Excellent: ABC Family and FOX
Good: ABC, CW, FX, HBO, MTV, Showtime
Adequate: CBS, NBC, TLC, TNT, USA
Failing: A&E, History.

Disclaimer. While I have no issue with LGBT people in general, I too am sick of being bombarded with it every time I turn on the TV and I certainly don't want to see it in commercials for soup. However to me, a boycott of any company is meaningless without consistency. That is if you're going to refuse do business with a certain company because they pander to views that are in direct opposition to yours, should you not boycott every organization that panders to those same views?