WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supra sells for 1/4 mil

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No people payed 5x that for 14 second Hemi Cudas. 😂

If they never drive it, that thing will be a money maker.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Odds are being a Supra that it has odometer fraud. There was an old Supra joke back in the day that when a Supra got totaled other Owners would ask what the condition on the dash and mileage was so they could swap dashes

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Isnt this kind of old news? I remember betting a coworker a beer that the supras were worth at least 150k he called bull shit. We actually took the time to seek out a public computer to settle the debate (we were on the road before tablets were a thing) on auto trader. This was 2005 I believe but there were only certain things that would bring the high dollar value. 1 being the twin turbo v6

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I’ve owned some pretty nice freaking cars, who knew the 3 Supra’s I owned would be worth the most.😱

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
No the only real high dollar Supra’s have a single turbo.

Aka lots of motor work and then make real power and thus have value.

a 201k stock 300 hp twin turbo is well dumb

motormonkey

Reaction score
Maybe I'm immune to super car prices but yes. Supras always held value if the 6spd models. The world's most powerful I6.
I got to drive a twin turbo supra race car making 1100 at crank. It was quick and fast, shocking for a straight 6 6 spd car. For the time it was untouchable. Haha.

spectras only

Reaction score
If was in the market for, I'd buy this one. We bought my son's Formula FC2000 from this seller. Car is far better than the one posted above. For racing that is. ;)
$68K cdn, great deal.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
No people payed 5x that for 14 second Hemi Cudas. 😂

If they never drive it, that thing will be a money maker.
I bought a 72 Hemi Orange 340 Challenger brand new for $5200 cdn OTD, loaded with Hurst pistol grip, A 833 4 spd, Sure Grip diff, Motorola stereo cassette with recording microphone in the console. Two years later, I've met a buddy who offered his 70 Hemi Cuda triple black vert 4 spd for 15K. It was super rare back then, even more so today. Remember when a plum purple vert Cuda with auto tranny sold for a mil at auction? :eek:

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine has had a Supra under cover and on blocks in the garage since forever.

spectras only

Reaction score
Friend has about 23 Gen2 only Vipers, all with super low kms. I have about 78K kms on my 99 GTS, he probably wouldn't be interested in bc of the high milage, even though my car is in excellent condition with original paint. He's investing in these dinosaurs, while switching between his McLaren, Lambo and other daily drivers for more practical use;)

nameisbond

Reaction score
For the money there is so many other faster better cars you can buy.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I'm immune to super car prices but yes. Supras always held value if the 6spd models. The world's most powerful I6.
I got to drive a twin turbo supra race car making 1100 at crank. It was quick and fast, shocking for a straight 6 6 spd car. For the time it was untouchable. Haha.

Yep. Fastest production car built the year it came out. I worked for Lexus at the time and Greg Penske would "loan" one to his buds when they would bring their cars in for service.

I took it for a quick spin one Saturday and couldn't believe the power. Was hitting 90 within a few seconds. It pinned you in the seat.

Took a friend with me and he was Screaming at me to slow the fuck down! 😂

Greg was in the service department when I rolled back in. Asked me if I liked it...

Hell yeah!

Said he was thinking about including a Bob Bondurant driving class along with the purchase of one.

I said, that would be a Damm good idea.

Freaking race car built for the street.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I bought a 72 Hemi orange 340 Challenger band new for $5200 OTD, loaded with Hurst pistol grip, A 833 4 spd, Motorola stereo cassette with recording microphone in the console. Two years later, I've met a buddy who offered his 70 Hemi Cuda triple black vert 4 spd for 15K. It was super rare back then, even more so today. Remember when a plum purple vert Cuda with auto tranny sold for a mil at auction? :eek:

72 hemi 340?

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Yep. Fastest production car built the year it came out. I worked for Lexus at the time and Greg Penske would "loan" one to his buds when they would bring their cars in for service.

I took it for a quick spin one Saturday and couldn't believe the power. Was hitting 90 within a few seconds. It pinned you in the seat.

Took a friend with me and he was Screaming at me to slow the fuck down! 😂

Greg was in the service department when I rolled back in. Asked me if I liked it...

Hell yeah!

Said he was thinking about including a Bob Bondurant driving class along with the purchase of one.

I said, that would be a Damm good idea.

Freaking race car built for the street.

Yeah those i6 are alright 🙂

65B17BD9-FA58-4CE6-BE8B-D3EB831213A3.jpeg

Nordie

Reaction score
I remember being at The Strip in Vegas and watched a Supra make a 9.96 pass, the guy got kicked out because of NHRA sanctioning, but damn was it impressive.

Also remember a guy running his new viper and running out of talent and hitting the wall. He had safety safari tow the car outside of the gates so he could call his insurance company.

spectras only

Reaction score
72 hemi 340?
My Challenger had the 340. ThermoQuad engine, Hemi Orange paint. The Cuda [ triple black ] had the Hemi 426. 426 Hemis were rare to find, 440's were aboundant. mainly in Magnum Chargers. My 68 Charger had the 383 engine with 727 Torqueflite auto
Ps; Also had a 68 Barracuda 340 Formula S convertible 4 spd.

Last edited: