WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supra Ski Boats....anybody have one?

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I am looking at getting rid of my 1989 Mastercraft Prostar for a low hours and unmolested (i.e. no rollbar) 2000 Supra Comp Ski.

I have never skied behind a Supra brand and am wondering what those who ski think of their boats and wake profile. Overall the boat is in really nice shape, in much better condition to my MC. The current owner is moving off the lake because his kids are grown and have left the area. Since the lake is nearly iced up, skiing it is off the table.

What does the brain trust here think of these boats?

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I have a Supra Launch 22 SSV. Great all around boat and lays a nice wake for slalom despite being on the heavier side and bring a v drive.

Overall we really enjoy it and have no complaints.

IMG_8470.jpg

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
A friend had a early 90's Pro Comp, great slalom boat maybe a small rooster tail at 22 off. My other buddies 95 Ski Centurion Falcon was the same way, you could slice right through
it, both boats had smaller wakes than my Ski Sanger. Most likely a better wake than your old M/C. The Supra is a great looking boat, have fun!

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I am going to try and close this deal quickly before someone else jumps on it.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Keep the ProStar. Skiers Choice stuff was lower end and not great quality until the end of the 2000's.

cofooter

Reaction score
Legit tow boat, not as nice as MC though.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Keep the ProStar. Skiers Choice stuff was lower end and not great quality until the end of the 2000's.

The MC Prostar 190 has been a really good boat and I have used it a ton, and it shows. The gel shows it's age, and the motor is worn down pretty well too. The interior is basically gone.

I wasn't looking to get into something newer. My view with fiberglass boats is the older/cheaper the better and I don't feel the need to worry about scratches, dock bangs, shoe scuffs and general dirt. I use the hell out of them. This boat appeared on my radar because a guy a dozen or so houses down the lake from me is selling out because he and his wife (both in their 70's) just don't have it in them to manage the waterfront any longer. The boat is for sale and he's asking $8500 for it because he wants it gone...now. I've seen it for years and know they have been out in it maybe 3-4 times in the last dozen years. The rest of the time has been spent in their garage.

oldschool

Reaction score
Sounds like a smoking deal. If it doesn’t work out there’s a sharp Tigé in the spam section.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Bildoe had one if I remember right.