WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Surgery

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good luck to you and her both. 3 or 6, either way it will seem like forever. If it goes longer, just know they're trying to do a good job;)

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Thinking POSITIVE THOUGHTS for your wife's successful operation and quick and full recovery... Kinda puts things into perspective.. Realizing boats and bills and politics don't amount to shit in the big picture.. Hang in there and have faith in modern medicine..
Ray

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Good Luck Chris..... Hope to see you guys soon.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Good Luck I just got out on Wed. hope all goes well and she recoups fast. Thoughts and prayers.

beerrun

Reaction score
Thanks everyone they are thinking a week in the hospital and 2/3 months at home

PaPaG

Reaction score
Positive thoughts, prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recover

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
We all dread this type of thing and are pulling for you and the wife. Three or six it will still be a long wait. Try to find something nearby to do. Sitting in the waiting room is long, tense and not actually useful to anyone.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hope all goes well!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

beerrun

Reaction score
Well we are at 3 1/2 hours and she is still in surgery

bocco

Reaction score
Good news. Now you just work on recovery. I had a big one about 6 years ago and they had me standing up that day.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Good news, hoping she has a quick recovery.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Great news! Hoping the best for recovery!

beerrun

Reaction score
We are in her room her pain is a 10 they are having a tough time managing it

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Hang in there and try and be calm... this is unfortunately one of the risks/effects of a long surgery.

We all know when it comes to stuff like this our better half’s are a lot tougher that we are.

Thoughts and prayers that the medical staff gets it under control ASAP.

We are in her room her pain is a 10 they are having a tough time managing it

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Best to you and the wife at this time. I hope that it went well and she has a speedy recovery!!!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Hang in there and try and be calm... this is unfortunately one of the risks/effects of a long surgery.

We all know when it comes to stuff like this our better half’s are a lot tougher that we are.

Thoughts and prayers that the medical staff gets it under control ASAP.
+1. Time will help. I know easier said than done. I hope they get the pain under control soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

beerrun

Reaction score
Well a late update looks like she is retaining fluid and may be getting a cafater

beerrun

Reaction score
So we dodged the cafter bullet last night but I had to have her nurse removed from our room. She would not change gloves or wash her hands after emptying the toilet then she gave my wife her medication dropped her blankets and sheets on the floor and walked on them and put them back on the bed. I was down the hall using the bathroom when this all happened. I came back wife was in tears. I stripped her bed got her new sheets and blankets and told them we would not be having that nurse back.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Glad the surgery went well and wishing for a speedy recovery.. My wife had surgery 2 years ago and we also had to have a nurse removed from her room. Some nurses are a lot better than others.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
So we dodged the cafter bullet last night but I had to have her nurse removed from our room. She would not change gloves or wash her hands after emptying the toilet then she gave my wife her medication dropped her blankets and sheets on the floor and walked on them and put them back on the bed. I was down the hall using the bathroom when this all happened. I came back wife was in tears. I stripped her bed got her new sheets and blankets and told them we would not be having that nurse back.

Glad she is doing well. That is some bs with the nurse.

beerrun

Reaction score
Day 3 we were able to get a little sleep last night about an hour at a time then up for 30min for bathroom and nurse stuff. She says today is the worst day so far with her pain still at an 8+

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Beerrun,
I have Diverticulitis and was admitted into the hospital five years ago and they said that they needed to do emergency surgery I opted out and was put in the hospital for a week on heavy antibiotics as an alternate solution. I have attacks every so often and they are based off of eating habits. They told me if I had the surgery that I would again be able to eat whatever I wanted when healed. If she did not have the catheter or poop tube then things were not inflamed and good at the time of the surgery which I understand is really the way to go when you have the surgery.

I hope nothing but the best for her and am sure she will make a full recovery. Who and where was the surgery done? I have had roughly 8 attacks in 5 years and decided to go have the procedure and the doctor told me I wasn't really bad enough to warrant it now. The first round turned sepsis and they stated I was within inches of expiring (real Scary) but I hated the doctor at the E.R. so my current GI doc said since I know the symptoms and catch it getting on meds fast it isn't a problem. However it actually is as I can not eat red meat or seeds nuts corn etc. so I am curious if she will be able to return to eating everything after she heals.

Also, has she determined what the cause or what trigger her attack? Sorry for all the info just thought it may spark critical ?'s to ask the doctor and may help going forward.

Best of luck and thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery,

Steve

beerrun

Reaction score
Beerrun,
I have Diverticulitis and was admitted into the hospital five years ago and they said that they needed to do emergency surgery I opted out and was put in the hospital for a week on heavy antibiotics as an alternate solution. I have attacks every so often and they are based off of eating habits. They told me if I had the surgery that I would again be able to eat whatever I wanted when healed. If she did not have the catheter or poop tube then things were not inflamed and good at the time of the surgery which I understand is really the way to go when you have the surgery.

I hope nothing but the best for her and am sure she will make a full recovery. Who and where was the surgery done? I have had roughly 8 attacks in 5 years and decided to go have the procedure and the doctor told me I wasn't really bad enough to warrant it now. The first round turned sepsis and they stated I was within inches of expiring (real Scary) but I hated the doctor at the E.R. so my current GI doc said since I know the symptoms and catch it getting on meds fast it isn't a problem. However it actually is as I can not eat red meat or seeds nuts corn etc. so I am curious if she will be able to return to eating everything after she heals.

Also, has she determined what the cause or what trigger her attack? Sorry for all the info just thought it may spark critical ?'s to ask the doctor and may help going forward.

Best of luck and thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery,

Steve
Hey Steve we are at sharp in san Diego off the 163 her surgeon is dr luebke. She had 3 attacks in about 14mo. She had all the same food issues you discussed. Her attacks would put her in the hospital so with all the ER visits and the fear of her having another attack when we were on a vacation out o

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Glad it just wasn't the first attack that sent her in, Thanks for the info

beerrun

Reaction score
Last night we took 2 steps back. We were up every 20/40 minutes to the bathroom and her pain is still in the 8s

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Last night we took 2 steps back. We were up every 20/40 minutes to the bathroom and her pain is still in the 8s

Sucks man...

I was diagnosed with that too a few years back. Was told to watch what I eat.

I don't.

I might now after reading this thread. Hope she is feeling better Soon!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

What in the world??

beerrun

Reaction score
Surgeon says a couple more days in the hospital then a couple months at home to recover