WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SURREAL! Bank Robber Sentenced...I knew this guy well!

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
That is sureal....double life took him out. So sad.

Edit; a better description would be "the good life was short lived". Unsure how getting that much money would affect me...no way to know.

Sorry for your loss, Tank

OR

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
He was a Dial Security guard living in his grandmothers house when in 1998 he won 19mil. He was estranged from his first wife at the time. Jim bought a house down the street from me in 99 and we became good friends with mutual interests in Harleys, fast cars, boats, etc. I kept my boat in his storage building where he kept a handful of exotic cars (Ferraris, Lambos, Rolls', 55 chevy hot rod, Gemballa Porsche, Stingray Vette, to name a few). We did some crazy shit like having Mario Andretti drive his Lambo in the running of the bulls lambo run from Newport to Pebble beach. running his Diablo 195 on the 101 at 3 am. We'd roll a couple of his cars to Symbolic motors in Beverly hills like once a month to pick up a new exotic. He eventually moved to a big ass house in the hills and his care taker stole his full on customed out Modena that was on the cover of DUB magazine and ran it off a cliff! He had some tweeker chick show up at his house one moring and dropped her two babies off saying she had aids and was dying and just wanted to make sure the kids had a good home. I could go on and on, some straight up crazy stories.

he divorced his first wife and tracked down his high school crush (who wouldn't give him the time of day in high school). They soon married. The two eventually moved to Utah to be closer to her family and I believe he was starting to run short on money. I lost track of him for like 8 years and the next thing I know about 4 years ago, I run into him and he's living in and managing a straight flop house motel in down town Ventura. Lost everything. He even went back to work at Dial Security for a while. Came full circle. Hadn't heard from him in the past 4 years and then today I hear about his arrest. I'm TRIPPIN' right now.

His life would make one hell of a wolf of wallstreet, goodfellas, type story. Maybe I need to track down Scorzezi and go over a script!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow pissed away 10m... Sad. Money can do weird things, so I've been told:p

Hey, you're now in the F'd up club of seeing guys you know on TV for criminal stuff! Congrats:eek:

Tank

Reaction score
Wow pissed away 10m... Sad. Money can do weird things, so I've been told:p

Hey, you're now in the F'd up club of seeing guys you know on TV for criminal stuff! Congrats:eek:

Yea, he actually some how managed to not exactly split the winnings with his first ex wife. Since they were separated and not living together at the time he finagled only giving her a portion. He got the larger chunk. Talk about a crazy roller coaster ride. From nothing, to a mulit millionaire living a life most would kill for to living in your car and going to prison for bank robbery.

Weird thing is I believe he's due 1.5 million from his lottery winnings still. Some Ca. law that you can't cash out the last two years of payments or some shit.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I always figured an extra 1-2 mil. would set me up for life. Then again, until it happened, who knows how I'd be. Probably buy a used MTI and turn it into a deck boat! Wouldn't be the fastest, but would win the "Baller Deckboat" competition:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
33 months for robbing banks? That’s it?

Tank

Reaction score

I was kind'a taken aback by that myself. PLus they only charged him with like 4 of the 12? Kind'a a weird deal. But I'm sure Feds are looking to free up space in their prisons just like everyone else.

Fed time? Easy peasy.

4Waters

Reaction score
I was kind'a taken aback by that myself. PLus they only charged him with like 4 of the 12? Kind'a a weird deal. But I'm sure Feds are looking to free up space in their prisons just like everyone else.

Fed time? Easy peasy.
It's called "Club Fed" for a reason, right. LOL

Tank

Reaction score
It's called "Club Fed" for a reason, right. LOL

Yea, pretty much. It's not exaggerated. Federal prisoners get treated WAAAAAAY better. Shit, they have pool tables at the fed facility in L.A. individual T.V.'s, Radio's, etc. You basically have all the comforts of home.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Money and drugs are always a recipe for disaster.

I’m pretty active in a lot of homeless support organizations and some of the stories I hear from the homeless people I meet are pretty wild. I’ve met more former millionaires than I care to admit, it’s pretty disheartening actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score

I’m pretty active in a lot of homeless support organizations and some of the stories I hear from the homeless people I meet are pretty wild. I’ve met more former millionaires than I care to admit, it’s pretty disheartening actually.

I found the drug stuff in the articles particularly interesting. When I knew him he did not drink alcohol or use pills. He did smoke bud from time to time though. He blew out his back at some point and started taking pain pills after I lost touch with him. Guess that was part of the beginning of the end for him.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

I knew a custom home builder that liked candy up the nose and girls barely legal, with in 4 years he blew thru 15 mill.

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
I knew a custom home builder that liked candy up the nose and girls barely legal, with in 4 years he blew thru 15 mill.

Whenever the conversation comes up in circles about people winning the lotto and blowing it all, etc., I've always maintained I'd have no problem at all blowing through 10-15-20 million in a few years. LOL

Yellowboat

Reaction score
This happened in the early 2000s, so it's has too be like 25 mil now. Over those 4 years, I never saw him with the same girl and he always had at least 2 with him. I bet you could have skiied down the mountain of cocaine him and his girls went thru in that time. He died on top of one of them. I would be shocked if he was not going thru at least an 8 ball a day. For most of that

Tank

Reaction score
I went and dig through some photos. An example of how he went through his money.

The cars were a big part. We’d roll to Beverley hills, he’d buy a new 200k +car then take it back 6 months later, trade it in on a huge loss and buy another.

Some pics from running with the bulls. Is with Mario Andrede. The pinkinsh diablo was Jim’s and so was the blue one. Monterey edition SV’s. The pic of the blue diablo and the black 355 was on the way back from pebble beach concource. Jim bought the 355 while there on a whim. Loved that car. Like a go cart!

got stopped by CHP on the way home doing 150 racing the diablo and 355.

Attachments

• 9911ED08-1DEC-45FB-857F-C629CCB57249.jpeg
    9911ED08-1DEC-45FB-857F-C629CCB57249.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 337
  • D8F118B8-C9DE-42F1-B610-713E41F3A548.jpeg
    D8F118B8-C9DE-42F1-B610-713E41F3A548.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 62F31219-0941-4F16-B46D-CF7FF1A2F806.jpeg
    62F31219-0941-4F16-B46D-CF7FF1A2F806.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 08B2EDBA-83BF-457E-A3BA-04E90ABC03D3.jpeg
    08B2EDBA-83BF-457E-A3BA-04E90ABC03D3.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 332
  • C417743C-9A1C-4E39-947C-E42081B67535.jpeg
    C417743C-9A1C-4E39-947C-E42081B67535.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 2AB4974B-EBF3-4527-8C50-07658C41AA86.jpeg
    2AB4974B-EBF3-4527-8C50-07658C41AA86.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 20EB44BD-F75B-49A4-BC0E-322F18B92809.jpeg
    20EB44BD-F75B-49A4-BC0E-322F18B92809.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 342

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
1st offence with no prior convictions, that is probably right in the middle of sentencing guidelines.

If he does it again the sentence goes up.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I remember you telling stories of "lotto Jim" back in the early 2000s at some SCOPE events.... Crazy stuff, and too bad how it has turned out,

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
What the heck, he robbed 11 banks and only got $39 k ?
Solid humor there. :D
Thats why you never rob a bank.

Not only do you not get shit - (39K couldn't even buy my Honda ) the feds will chase you FOREVER.
Great and sad story Tank.
Another story where being broke was the result of a mindset.
UD
Now I'm rethinking this. LOL

The guy robbed 12 banks and charged with 4. To me that's not just a first offense, but I never stay at motel 6. LOL
Could be other mitigating circumstances.:D

Tank

Reaction score
I remember you telling stories of "lotto Jim" back in the early 2000s at some SCOPE events.... Crazy stuff, and too bad how it has turned out,
I brought him to a couple events. Tried to get him to build a new cigarette but his back did NOT like running offshore.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why one might consider taking the lottery payments over 20 years, rather than the lump sum all at once. It would give you a chance to get used to being wealthy and learning how to manage your money.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
According to the FBI statistics in 2011, the average bank robbery produced $7,647.29. That's not that much cash.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Your a good friend Tank.No doubt he would appreciate hearing from you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thats why you never rob a bank.

Not only do you not get shit - (39K couldn't even buy my Honda ) the feds will chase you FOREVER.

Great and sad story Tank.

Another story where being broke was the result of a mindset.

UD

Yep.. if you are gonna do it right ya start cashing small checks all over town at the ghetto liquor stores that cash checks and... (they hold decent amounts and low security)

Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That said I think it’s completely bizarre how we hear the “make an example” in courts ranging from some poor kid that got caught drinking to a variety of other harmless things.. but a guy can rob 11-12 banks and spend a couple years in a place with tennis courts TVs and pool tables..

That’s setting quite the example
To get people that are struggling to start robbing banks.

Hell I could think of days where a two or three year vacation sounds appealing. Lol

Yellowboat

Reaction score
According to the FBI statistics in 2011, the average bank robbery produced $7,647.29. That's not that much cash.
Banks don't have very much cash any more. Try getting more then 5k and they will often say come back tomorrow.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Banks don't have very much cash any more. Try getting more then 5k and they will often say come back tomorrow.

Where in the hell do all their deposits go? The cash has to be stored somewhere. If not in a bank, where is the cash stored? This is a serious question - I'm naieve enough to believe that all my cash is stored in a bank (s). Sorry for the derailment....

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
That said I think it’s completely bizarre how we hear the “make an example” in courts ranging from some poor kid that got caught drinking to a variety of other harmless things.. but a guy can rob 11-12 banks and spend a couple years in a place with tennis courts TVs and pool tables..

That’s setting quite the example
To get people that are struggling to start robbing banks.

Hell I could think of days where a two or three year vacation sounds appealing. Lol

Bank robberty isn't white-collar "club fed" type of crime.

Knew a guy that did 5 years in Leavenworth. Didn't sound like an experience he wanted to repeat.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Where in the hell do all their deposits go? The cash has to be stored somewhere. If not in a bank, where is the cash stored? This is a serious question - I'm naieve enough to believe that all my cash is stored in a bank (s). Sorry for the derailment....
Teller versus Vault. Money is there, just not al at the front counter.

Xring01

Reaction score
The new crimes..
Robbing the legal Marijauna Dispensery.

Where I get my hair cut for the last 12 years... Mens Room in Temecula.

About 18 months ago, a Dispenery opened up next door to my barber shop.

Strip Building..

The Dispensery supposedly had state of the art security..

The thieves would break into the barber shop, and go thru the adjoining wall in the dispensery... a take what they could.

Literally once a month, until the land lord finally kicked them out.

As far as I know the thieves were never caught...

My barber was pissed off... finally threatened to sue the landlord, for the cost of repairs, which was finally what got him to kick out the MJ Dispensery..

Yellowboat

Reaction score
The new crimes..
Robbing the legal Marijauna Dispensery.

Where I get my hair cut for the last 12 years... Mens Room in Temecula.

About 18 months ago, a Dispenery opened up next door to my barber shop.

Strip Building..

The Dispensery supposedly had state of the art security..

The thieves would break into the barber shop, and go thru the adjoining wall in the dispensery... a take what they could.

Literally once a month, until the land lord finally kicked them out.

As far as I know the thieves were never caught...

My barber was pissed off... finally threatened to sue the landlord, for the cost of repairs, which was finally what got him to kick out the MJ Dispensery..
When Sacramento 1st let them open up, for the 1st year every dispensary was having a break in on average every 17 days.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I knew him back in the day. I grew up in Camarillo. Friends of friends sort of way. Saw the money running out way back then. He would show up at the local street races with the latest greatest rage at the time. Used to have a 67-68 Camaro. Showed with a new slammed and decked out dually, lambos, rolls and many others. Shame what it came down to. Money can’t by you brains. Also heard about all the “friends” that came out of the woodwork.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dammit i guess i will have to cross that off my list of ways to get quick cash :)
Thats a pretty rotten amount for the penalties involved.