WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Survelance Experts / Hackers/ tech experts/ PI/ LE -Help Wanted

MohavValley

Reaction score
Need to tap the RDP brain/skills trust,
Without saying too much, I have a neighbor that has installed hidden surveillance cameras that monitor my backyard and I need to verify this so I can take appropriate action. Police won't do anything without some kind of proof first.

Not sure if ther're wireless or hard wired. I know they have a phone viewer app.

Any ideas

Thanks

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DWC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There are ways to jam the signal...so I here. Unfortunately that would open up a whole plethora of FCC whoop-ass. I'm not technologically advanced enough know how to intercept and copy a signal.

4Waters

Reaction score
There are laws that protect your privacy but I'm not sure what law enforcement has to do to take a look at what the cameras are looking at. My camera system has blackout areas that I can program in. This camera looks into my neighbors backyard so I blacked out the area
Screenshot_20210416-055527_Swann Security.jpg

jailbird141

Reaction score
How about planting trees or something to obstruct the cameras view? I know its not the most technical solution but it may work ….

grumpy88

Reaction score
There are laws that protect your privacy but I'm not sure what law enforcement has to do to take a look at what the cameras are looking at. My camera system has blackout areas that I can program in. This camera looks into my neighbors backyard so I blacked out the area
View attachment 992778
Must be a expensive wheel barrel and rotatiler that it needs a dedicated camera ! Lol

sintax

Reaction score
easiest thing to do would be to install a fence extension or hedge that blocks his view.

i had a bud who got into this with his neighbor, police wont be any help.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
You probably have no recourse and only, at best , limited expectation of privacy in your back yard.

4Waters

Reaction score
Get a bb gun and shoot the camera, let them call the cops and show them the footage of you shooting the camera from the privacy of your backyard, if they can see you then they are in violation of your privacy.

boatpi

Reaction score
Using an IR phone or camera, at night point it at the neighbors cameras. You will see the white glow projection from their IR light if it is set for night use. Aside from that, positioning the cameras inside of their house, pointing into you yard may not be a violation. An exception is IF the lens is a greater magnification than the human eye, ie telephoto, then YES. ANY outside camera pointed directly into your yard is an issue if it is elevated to a point that it clearly is to invade and discover. This can be an uphill battle. Start by asking them to change the position if it is clearly aimed into your yard. If they do not change, send them an attorney letter, maybe $300.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The kids in Hong Kong were using laser pointers.

SnoC653

Reaction score
Lasers are an effective tool against most cameras. Depending on the laser you can create small blind spots or blank out the whole camera. But, without seeing what the camera can see you are only guessing if the laser is being effective.

MohavValley

Reaction score
Cameras are hidden, not external, there's no way to physically block the cameras. I really need proof of the vantage point and who is accessing the cameras.

4 waters has a good idea if I knew where it's located but they're hidden 😞

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Chances are he is using the default IP and passwords. You can do a little research online to figure out how to access the wireless cameras. It isn't difficult. Then you'll have all the proof you need.

Water Romper

Reaction score
You must have a hot wife 👍

I was thinking the same thing...why spend the time and money just to video your neighbor? you run a sorority house or have a BnB for the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders?
Only thing that could make sense is he may think you are doing something illegal (Pot, Meth, Crack house, prostitution, illegal gaming etc) and I am sure this is not the case. He sounds like a nut job, may want to tread lightly with this one, there was a video on RDP a while back of a neighbor killing his man and wife neighbor over friggin snow.
Just sayin...

boatpi

Reaction score
Years ago my donkey neighbor hid a beeper sound device in the eave of his house, his idea was to quelch by bassett hounds bark. BS. So when they were gone, I go my trusty gas power washer out, set to laser mode, no more beeper and a bit of eave paint gone too!

Water Romper

Reaction score
Like First In said, they make a "Hidden Camera Detector" naturally, because I am at work, I had to check this thing out sure enough, here is one of several:

• Scout Hidden Camera Detector
Scout Hidden Camera Detector

SCOUT HIDDEN CAMERA DETECTOR
55 reviews

In stock
$ 49.99
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ADD TO CART
Need it shipped today, 16th April?
Order within
1Hr22Mins

Free & fast shipping
Every order gets free ground shipping (about 3-5 days). 2-day and overnight are available at checkout.

USA-based support
Our entire team is located in Dallas, TX. Get advice and lifetime tech support from our experts.

Discreet billing / shipping
We know you're keeping this a secret. Orders come in a plain envelope or box that can't be traced back to SpyGuy.

Product overview
  • Finds all hidden cameras
  • Perfect for Airbnbs, hotels, restrooms, etc.
  • Incredibly easy to use
  • Comes with practice camera lens

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Gen 3 night vision image intensified will show cameras at night

Almost all cameras have small IR illumator LEDs to add low light LUX to the camera to see in darkness, well to a Gen 3 that looks like a huge flashlight, look with naked eye no light, look again with NODs huge bloom

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Find out their WiFi and kill it using an arduino and this code:

I have one and it works extreeemely well. Assuming they’re broadcasting their ssid name (not impossible to find if they’re not) it’ll repeatedly kick all their devices off their WiFi access point.

the Code I have once it’s turned on you just join it’s wireless, access it in a browser and click some drop downs for the access point you wish to attack and click go. Pretty simple.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Years ago our first house was near a lumber yard in then unincorporated Atascadero and every morning and then all day your would hear from the job desk "hello out there, man coming out for (fill in the blank) ... One morning I kept hearing "pop", "pop" noise ... when I walked over to a next door neighbor (middle aged Sears repairman) I found him "sniping" with a 22 rifle shooting at the speakers on the lumber yard poles ... SWTG true story

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Need to tap the RDP brain/skills trust,
Without saying too much, I have a neighbor that has installed hidden surveillance cameras that monitor my backyard and I need to verify this so I can take appropriate action. Police won't do anything without some kind of proof first.

Not sure if ther're wireless or hard wired. I know they have a phone viewer app.

Any ideas

Thanks
How do you know .... if hidden ?
why do you suspect it ?