WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

'Survivor' Lunch Lady Won't Take $50,000

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Going to assume can be the newscaster over here. :D

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/Denise.Martin.Survivor.2.614521.html

Denise Martin, who gained fame as the lunch lady on CBS' reality show "Survivor: China," is donating the $50,000 she received from producer Mark Burnett to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDs Foundation.

Martin told viewers on Sunday night's live finale that she'd been demoted to janitor at a school in Douglas, Mass., after finishing fourth on the show. After hearing her story, Burnett surprised Martin with the money to help get her life back.

On Tuesday, Martin acknowledged on CBS' "The Early Show" that she'd been promoted to custodian, at her own request, before the competition began.

"It was not my intention to be misleading," Martin, 40, said on the broadcast. "I'm sorry, and I apologize to everybody."

In a statement issued Tuesday by the network, Martin said she took "full responsibility" for her actions.

"I do not feel comfortable about accepting the $50,000. I would instead ask that it be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation," the statement said. "Please accept my apology. I would also like to thank all the people who have supported me through this experience."

Sharpy

Reaction score
Going to assume can be the newscaster over here. :D

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/Denise.Martin.Survivor.2.614521.html

Denise Martin, who gained fame as the lunch lady on CBS' reality show "Survivor: China," is donating the $50,000 she received from producer Mark Burnett to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDs Foundation.

Martin told viewers on Sunday night's live finale that she'd been demoted to janitor at a school in Douglas, Mass., after finishing fourth on the show. After hearing her story, Burnett surprised Martin with the money to help get her life back.

On Tuesday, Martin acknowledged on CBS' "The Early Show" that she'd been promoted to custodian, at her own request, before the competition began.

"It was not my intention to be misleading," Martin, 40, said on the broadcast. "I'm sorry, and I apologize to everybody."

In a statement issued Tuesday by the network, Martin said she took "full responsibility" for her actions.

"I do not feel comfortable about accepting the $50,000. I would instead ask that it be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation," the statement said. "Please accept my apology. I would also like to thank all the people who have supported me through this experience."

Yea right, if she didn't get exposed, that 50 grand would've supplied a lifetime of mullet cuts for her!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Agree, on the show she made it sound like they demoted her.

Yea right, if she didn't get exposed, that 50 grand would've supplied a lifetime of mullet cuts for her!

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
I was so surprised and disappointed when I heard this.

Mike

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

She's quite a looker isn't she.:eek: