WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Suspension equalizer disaster

Tahoe540

Reaction score
I was putting new grease and checking the bearings on the trailer when I found this. I believe it has been broken for some time but finally broke when we took the boat on a dirt road. I found the other side to be in very bad shape as well. After a lot of looking there are no straight 6 1/2" straight equalizers that I can find online so I am assuming these were made for the trailer as a custom job possibly? The design and materials does not seem fitting for the weight of the boat. I am planning on using solid stock 1 3/4" and drilling the holes keeping the current geometry the same. Any reason this would not work? As I really do not want to redo the whole suspension.
20170827_071518.jpg
20170827_071523.jpg
20170827_131206.jpg

Icky

Reaction score
Have you looked on etrailer? You can email them as well,
Looks like it wore through the bushings a long while ago.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I am surprised that isn't available from a trailer supply place.

A solid part would work, it will be 25-30lbs though.

A piece of tubing could be made just like you had.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
with your boat upside down and your truck on its side. ;) Right now it is just something to fix.

Who made the trailer? Check with the boat manufacture too....just some ideas.

A simple drawing could be made and taken to any fab shop and they can do up a pair pretty quick for you.

If you cant get help in Reno, Id call arrow trailer supply and see if they can help.

909) 986-3737

Tahoe540

Reaction score
with your boat upside down and your truck on its side. ;) Right now it is just something to fix.

Who made the trailer? Check with the boat manufacture too....just some ideas.

A simple drawing could be made and taken to any fab shop and they can do up a pair pretty quick for you.

If you cant get help in Reno, Id call arrow trailer supply and see if they can help.

909) 986-3737

Well I appreciate the suggestions and the help. I have everything to fab something up just thought it would be stronger and easy to just drill 6 holes. Should only be around 7lbs per side with out holes.

Icky

Reaction score
Well I appreciate the suggestions and the help. I have everything to fab something up just thought it would be stronger and easy to just drill 6 holes. Should only be around 7lbs per side with out holes.

Are you going to use some sort of bushings in the holes? Bolts that have the zerks already built in?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

I think you were talking about a solid bar, not tubing.

7 lbs would be tubing.

Tahoe540

Reaction score
Are you going to use some sort of bushings in the holes? Bolts that have the zerks already built in?

Yes, I am replacing all of the bolts and the center will get a grease fitting bolt this time.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Dam, definitely looks as though the bushing was worn out long ago. Trailers are generally the last thing we think about when there is all kinds of other work going on.

Tahoe I have an off topic question for you, do you have access to a tall A frame hoist or gantry crane?

Reaction score

I agree, the original part was not designed correctly. I looked at mine, and they are solid steel.