WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***SUZUKI 350 HP DUAL PROP????**

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Anyone know anything these motors??? the dual prop idea seems like the way to go... good or bad??

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Im a fan of dual props. No blowout in turns, track straight, better hole shot, more stern lift and easier to handle around the docks. Gotta think the torque on the new merc v8s would out perform the zuk v6 even with dual props. Is this for the pontoon? Tired of mixing oil already?

warlock250

Reaction score
Anyone know anything these motors??? the dual prop idea seems like the way to go... good or bad??

Yeah they are sweet. I'm still lost on how Suzuki did it first on the outboard motor platform when Mercury Bravo 3 has been in use for so long now and anyone who has ever owned a Bravo 3 knows how awesome they work on heavy boats or in the case of Toons there lack hydro dynamics.
The Dual prop really gets good traction let's call it pushes the Toon to speed with a load pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HavaToon

Reaction score
Yeah they are sweet. I'm still lost on how Suzuki did it first on the outboard motor platform when Mercury Bravo 3 has been in use for so long now and anyone who has ever owned a Bravo 3 knows how awesome they work on heavy boats or in the case of Toons there lack hydro dynamics.
The Dual prop really gets good traction let's call it pushes the Toon to speed with a load pretty good.

They didn’t do it first, more like last or at least the only one right now.
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg

I think a Verado or the new V8 version would be bad ass for tritoons or big heavy boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
I saw one of these on a toon in Havasu a little more than a week ago. I had no idea it was dual propped, but I was surprised to see a Suzuki with a 350hp sticker on it. It would be interesting to see the performance #'s on it.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Inland Boat Center out of Perris had a couple new toons rigged with those at the LA Boat Show. They’re HUGE.

warlock250

Reaction score
They didn’t do it first, more like last or at least the only one right now. View attachment 770762 View attachment 770763

I think a Verado or the new V8 version would be bad ass for tritoons or big heavy boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suzuki is the first to offer it up in mass production for sale to the general public [emoji16]

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Im a fan of dual props. No blowout in turns, track straight, better hole shot, more stern lift and easier to handle around the docks. Gotta think the torque on the new merc v8s would out perform the zuk v6 even with dual props. Is this for the pontoon? Tired of mixing oil already?
mixing oil???? I don't have to mix oil....vinegar and oil for salads??? no, I like blue cheese....I think they will go on just about anything,...but, could be a nice toon motor....

BajaMike

Reaction score
Only disadvantage is if you to re-prop, you have to buy two props.

warlock250

Reaction score
Didn’t know that. So if you boat at sea level and sometimes at Tahoe or Powell, it can get expensive!
On a Toon with a Suzuki Dual. Prop you won't see a huge need to reprop at Powell. It would be fine for the most part. Yes if you wanted maximum performance for Powell you could reprop it. On my big cruisers in the past with Bravo 3 drives we would have a second set for our Powell trips.
I also had the prop shop double cup both props and we saw some nice improvements doing that. Or if you plan on having lots of passengers then a lower pitch set could also come in handy to.

BajaMike

Reaction score
On a Toon with a Suzuki Dual. Prop you won't see a huge need to reprop at Powell. It would be fine for the most part. Yes if you wanted maximum performance for Powell you could reprop it. On my big cruisers in the past with Bravo 3 drives we would have a second set for our Powell trips.
I also had the prop shop double cup both props and we saw some nice improvements doing that. Or if you plan on having lots of passengers then a lower pitch set could also come in handy to.

Good info. Thanks!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

And after ALL this Everybody copied Volvo Penta who copied the torpedo!!