WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Swamp cooler venting / return for use in a garage

sintax

Reaction score
Curious if there is anything I need to do for this, our new place has a swamp cooler for the garage, its plumbed into a duct system that has 2-3 exit vents inside the garage. If I wanted to run the cooler with the garage shut, i'd assume I'd run into a pressure issue right? Should I setup some sort of vents to the exterior?

TeamGreene

Reaction score
A spring loaded damper that allows the exiting garage air to cool the homes attic.
This will work as long as your ceiling isn't your firewall. If it is don't cut a hole in it.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Curious if there is anything I need to do for this, our new place has a swamp cooler for the garage, its plumbed into a duct system that has 2-3 exit vents inside the garage. If I wanted to run the cooler with the garage shut, i'd assume I'd run into a pressure issue right? Should I setup some sort of vents to the exterior?
My garage in Havasu had a 2'x2' solid access panel to the crawl space above the ceiling. I replaced it with a panel that has holes in it. Seems to work ok.

I have the up ducts also.

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
http://dialmfg.com/product-category/grilles-legs-vents/up-dux-vents/

http://upduct.com/

evaporative-cooler-accessories-7610-64_1000.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
thanks for some of the ideas. I'll play around with some ideas once the snow birds get out.

Another option i was thinking about was just putting a grill on the side door, but i like the idea of venting to the attic to cool. The garage is fully finished.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
thanks for some of the ideas. I'll play around with some ideas once the snow birds get out.

Another option i was thinking about was just putting a grill on the side door, but i like the idea of venting to the attic to cool. The garage is fully finished.
my FIL used to open his garage door about 2 2x4's

sintax

Reaction score
yea, cracking the garage would def work, but i dont really want to leave the garage open and worry about rodents and shit getting in all summer.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I've never seen a garage seal up that tight, I doubt it would matter. Run the fan on low unless you're out there doing something and then you can crack the door and turn up the fan speed.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We have a Fantastic Fan with a thermostat in our 25x50x16 RV garage ceiling. We run that when the swamper is on. Takes the warmer air above out of the garage and helps the swamper cool the space. Works good until monsoon season with the humidity. The extremely hard LHC water leaves mineral deposits on the internal fittings and vent panels of the swamper. I clean those areas periodically with white vinegar and water.