WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Swordfish filet

DrHW

Reaction score
Love Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass and Orange Roughy.

There is a product called Cajun Spice, like Blackened but better flavor, dose one side and either bake or cook in an "Seasoned Iron Skillet" and don't over cook it. It caramelizes better than Blackening with less black pepper. Serve with some fresh Pencil Asparagus with a sprinkle of lemon pepper, a pinch Garlic Salt and Himalayan Pink Salt, cook to the point that the spears maintain their snap. A nice leafy salad with Vinaigrette Dressing and something lite for dessert. Tasty and healthy!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks. mahi mahi is one of my favorites as well

Love Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass and Orange Roughy.

There is a product called Cajun Spice, like Blackened but better flavor, dose one side and either bake or cook in an "Seasoned Iron Skillet" and don't over cook it. It caramelizes better than Blackening with less black pepper. Serve with some fresh Pencil Asparagus with a sprinkle of lemon pepper, a pinch Garlic Salt and Himalayan Pink Salt, cook to the point that the spears maintain their snap. A nice leafy salad with Vinaigrette Dressing and something lite for dessert. Tasty and healthy!

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I do real blackened fish... chef prudhomme blackened seasoning, butter fish dip in seasoning(lots) drop in a red hot cast iron pan. i do it outside because it make a lot of smoke and i can't get a pan hot enough in the house. it take only a few minutes per side. I use the burner from my turkey fryer to heat the pan.
I have only had it cooked correctly one time in Calif., at a restaurant in sacramento where the chef was trained in the south. He did it for me after I asked if they knew how to make real blackened fish, chef came out we talked about it and he knew what I really wanted and made it.

Last edited: