WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SxS Questions

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I'm looking for a side by side. Will be used to work my property, moving stuff around and towing small utility trailer. Will also use to cruise around the dirt roads in my area, run down to my mailbox (a mile down dirt road) or the fire station ( 2 miles). Just need a 2 seater with dump bed. More utility than performance.

I know nothing about these so looking for some guidance. Budget is $10K or under, less the better.

Here are some for sale locally. Would like opinions on them. Thanks.

This one looks okay but has only e-mail and no phone number. Seems when I send e-mails to CL sellers I never hear back from them.

Another cheap one but again, email only.

This one is bigger than I need but I could remove rear seats and install some storage boxes in their place. Looks a bit thrashed though. Again, email only. WTF is worng with these people? Do they want to sell their shit or not. Put a fucking phone number so I can call you! :mad:😁

This one is interesting. A cross between a quad and a SxS.

This one looks a bit more sportier than utilitarian but nice.

Here's one that actually has a contact phone number!

There are some of these no-name brands from a dealer.

What do you all think? Any other place to look besides CL? Anyone have or know of any for sale?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Check these out as an option?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Check these out as an option?

I had one of these for a while. It was pretty cool but too small. Very difficult to get in and out of. Also didn't have much suspension travel and rode kind of rough. It was right hand drive and fun to cruise around in with my dog because to people coming the other way, it looked like my dog was driving. 🤣

IMG_3940.JPG
IMG_3942.JPG

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Polaris Rangers and Kawasaki Mules seem to be the "wheelbarrow" of choice up here. Both seem to be bullet proof, and take a hell of a beating. How they do on ranches though may be better than off road stuff.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
If needed for light farm work, you might consider a major manufacturer easy to get in and out, SxS like Polaris, Yamaha, Deere or Kubota. Each should have 4WD and a dump bed. of course, low hours recent year and good general condition is preferred. Going used, you should be able to find something suitable under your budget.

one more thing. make sure that turf mode isn’t deleted for rock crawling or big tire nonsense. It’ll really mess with your 2WD work.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Polaris Ranger 570 in the spring of 2021. Guy bought it and then had a family emergency. I got it for 10,500. It has been great around our property. I am using it just about the same that you will use yours.

It is just great IMO. I can get it up to about 53 mph on the road.

pixrthis

Reaction score
We bought a stock 06 Yamaha Rhino and it’s been amazing. At work we you Diesel Kubotas and Kawasaki Mules. I like the Rhino better. Our neighbor has a John Deere and it appears to be junk.