WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS Tours

Heavyhauler

Reaction score
6 of us (3 couples)will be flying out to Vegas in Febuary and we would like to ride sxs in the desert as part of our trip. There are a number of companies advertising online. I am curious if anyone has an experience or can reccomend a company, or alternatively are there any around Havasu. We will have a rental car to get to and from and looking for the best riding experience. All of us have sxs and ride frequently on the east coast ( mostly WV mountains)and would like a good riding experience while out west. Any guidance appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I highly recommend this outfit.

https://zero1offroad.com/

When I lived in Vegas in 2016, I took my parents and brother out on a ride. They let me rent one SXS and I brought my own, and they also provided a guide with his own SXS. At the time, they had new XP1K's with wired helmets and intercoms. Very professional outfit. I think I paid $1200 for the one rental unit and the guide. Do the tour that stops at the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings. Their ghost burger is awesome, and the atmosphere is really cool. Be prepared to dress very very warm, like long undewear and windproof outter layers. Even though you're in the desert, it could be cold, and if the sun goes down it will be very cold especially at speed. You'll notice we wrapped mom up in my two layer army sleeping bag with bivy. She was nice and toasty. Me on the other hand, I couldn't feel my hands.

IMG_4644.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG

Mikes56

Reaction score
Check these guys out, my friends have done rides with them and say it's a blast. I want to go just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.
https://www.familyadventuretours.net/
Frank,Misty and Paige are awesome. It's a family run business. My wife and I have been on 4 trips with them. Frank leads the ride, Misty chases, and Paige drives the chase truck and trailer. If you run out of booze on a Sunday in Utah, Paige will drive to the next state to get you more.

82daytona

Reaction score
I gave a few tours and no one ever came back for more

Heavyhauler

Reaction score
Check these guys out, my friends have done rides with them and say it's a blast. I want to go just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.
https://www.familyadventuretours.net/

Looking at their website/schedule, they don’t do anything in February, and it also looks like you need your own sxs. We had to make arrangements around dates when everyone can go and with limited number of days, we would spend 5-6 days on the road if we towed our sxs’s out there and back. We will be flying in to Vegas, 1 day out 1 day back and have 5 days to do multiple things while there. Thanks for the tip, as this looks like the real deal, just won’t work for us this time around.

Heavyhauler

Reaction score
I highly recommend this outfit.

https://zero1offroad.com/

When I lived in Vegas in 2016, I took my parents and brother out on a ride. They let me rent one SXS and I brought my own, and they also provided a guide with his own SXS. At the time, they had new XP1K's with wired helmets and intercoms. Very professional outfit. I think I paid $1200 for the one rental unit and the guide. Do the tour that stops at the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings. Their ghost burger is awesome, and the atmosphere is really cool. Be prepared to dress very very warm, like long undewear and windproof outter layers. Even though you're in the desert, it could be cold, and if the sun goes down it will be very cold especially at speed. You'll notice we wrapped mom up in my two layer army sleeping bag with bivy. She was nice and toasty. Me on the other hand, I couldn't feel my hands.

View attachment 825871 View attachment 825872

This looks like what we are after. I am booking the Pioneer ride with them today. Thanks for the information.

Heavyhauler

Reaction score

Dave,
We are going to be out there from 2/16-2/22, just sight seeing and having fun, and want to come down to Havasu for a day. Would like to take you, Stacy and the family out for dinner. Ya’ll see if 2/19, 2/20, or 2/21 would work and we will reserve a table at your favorite place for dinner.