WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

T-Mobile coverage in Parker (near dam)

mbrown2

Reaction score
I am getting ready to kick ATT to the curb...trying to stream some of the soccer matches EURO and Copa America....I can see I need to up my plan for data...

T-Mobile has plans that are like half the price and don't charge for streaming espn/utube or music...

Anyone have TMobile and use it at the river? Really thinking of switching... checked their coverage tool and it says fair for our river house address but wondering if anyone has real world experience near the dam or Havasu Springs...

yz450mm

Reaction score
I am getting ready to kick ATT to the curb...trying to stream some of the soccer matches EURO and Copa America....I can see I need to up my plan for data...

T-Mobile has plans that are like half the price and don't charge for streaming espn/utube or music...

Anyone have TMobile and use it at the river? Really thinking of switching... checked their coverage tool and it says fair for our river house address but wondering if anyone has real world experience near the dam or Havasu Springs...
Verizon works decent in parker, sprint and t mobile do not (in my recent experience).

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
My place is in Marina View Estates much further South, I have AT&T and Wife has T-mobile deal her phone is crap at the river anywhere where mine is spotty. Most say Verizon is the best in Parker and most full timers use Verizon out there good luck another option you may explore is a cell booster I believe they are roughly 150.00 give or take and they supposedly increase signal. Interested to hear if you figure out anything better.

Good Luck

mbrown2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's....I had a buddy who worked for tmobile and had a place across the street at the river...this was at least a year ago and they still had shit service by the dam....but they are constantly adding coverage. Not interested in Verizon and I have ATT. ATT is spotty on the river while boating and foxes but gets better as you go south. Also T-Mobile is pretty slick to where it runs off your internet when in range of your home wifi so it is pretty smart. And I don't really care to get coverage on the water as I want to be disconnected from work while on the water. But it would be nice to get it while on the dock. Often I work remote at the river house and would be ok with it using my internet as I use a softphone from my laptop already, but I want to be able to get calls when away from my Wifi or down at the docks.

I am somehow going to test it; get 1 phone from them with the coverage guard for 30 days and test it out.

Does anyone have any idea on the cell booster mentioned so I can do some research?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I've had them all except t mobile and Verizon is by far the best but far from great. Anyone I know that has/had t mobile says it's garbage

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Verizon and AT&T are on the hill above the dam on the CA side, no T-Mobile or Sprint. No signal+signal booster=no signal. I believe all four carriers are up on P Mt. in Parker, I know Verizon and AT&T are but none of those sites do any good for people up river. It's a tough area for data, no DSL, no cable? and limited cell coverage.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Verizon and AT&T are on the hill above the dam on the CA side, no T-Mobile or Sprint. No signal+signal booster=no signal. I believe all four carriers are up on P Mt. in Parker, I know Verizon and AT&T are but none of those sites do any good for people up river. It's a tough area for data, no DSL, no cable? and limited cell coverage.

I have cable and internet up and ATT is good cause the tower on the hill...sounds like TMobile still sux

grumpy88

Reaction score
We are up at River Lodge and have Verizon and it only works because every other person has a cell booster . All the neighbors called and botched enough they got them free . Down side is you need cable or dsl Internet for the booster .

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I've had them all except t mobile and Verizon is by far the best but far from great. Anyone I know that has/had t mobile says it's garbage
Yep. I had it. Worst two years of my life. No service at the river. No service in Mammoth. No service in Yosemite. No service at my house!

There is a reason they give you all kinds of perks and cheap prices. It's junk.

Verizon all the way. I've had em all.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Yep. I had it. Worst two years of my life. No service at the river. No service in Mammoth. No service in Yosemite. No service at my house!

There is a reason they give you all kinds of perks and cheap prices. It's junk.

Verizon all the way. I've had em all.
The extra $$ for Verizon is more than worth it, IMHO.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned there are really only two providers if you actually care about service. Verizon and ATT.

TMobile is getting better but their network still has a long way to go. In major cities they're okay but once you get out of them they flat out suck and when you're in places like Havasu and Parker you'll actually be roaming so data services will be extremely limited.

Sprint is also garbage. They've been over saturating their network so the download speeds are pretty crappy in densely populated areas.

If you have DirecTV ATT now has some very good plans that include unlimited data. If you have WiFI in your home you can enable WiFi calling which is the same thing TMobile does, ATT's actually works better. You can also use a Microcell or a Cel-FI to improve the signal.

The difference in coverage between AT&T and Verizon is pretty negligible these days. In the latest industry tests their networks are about one half of a percent apart when it comes to coverage and network reliability. They both offer similar customer service which is pretty decent, both companies will always say no first but if you start getting fussy with them they'll both give you your way pretty much all of the time.

IMO AT&T is a better value than Verizon but Verizon customers are the most loyal in the industry so that says something.