WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TAHITI 242 Skier jet

Goodtime$

Reaction score
first 242 skier with a jet. Will be a really cool upgrade from the million 20’ and 21’ open bow jets out there.
The open bow is huge.
Gator step floors
Raptor 575sc
Dominator 12-s
Kicker audio
482348BD-D720-4B14-BFD9-D57DDE56F656.jpeg
8904786D-65D5-4283-B15F-C4E89708CD15.jpeg
BE371457-D696-499C-BD82-FB83CB415453.jpeg

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Todd ? ? ?

How this one coming along?
Any updates?

Did some bottom mods to the boat. It had some extreme HOOK in the transom that we had to insert. Its pre-rigged and im setting the intake after the rain stops. Our shop is full like a storage lot.

Customer upgraded from the Ford to the Chevy LSA so it should be here soon. I got a new loader and some cool shoes for the intake we can test on. This is a big boat, will be vital we load the pump quickly out of the hole.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Hi there. Question on the jet setup. We had a jet like 20 years ago and when we built it, we were told not to eliminate the transom/hull where it comes together when placing the jet pump intake setback because there wasnt a way to brace the pump from flexing. Obviously the jet pump could not be set back as much as if that area was fully cutout, which you show that's the way you build them. Is there something new in jet boat building that solves that problem? It seems from the last picture that you wedge the pump into the cutout as much as possible.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Hi there. Question on the jet setup. We had a jet like 20 years ago and when we built it, we were told not to eliminate the transom/hull where it comes together when placing the jet pump intake setback because there wasnt a way to brace the pump from flexing. Obviously the jet pump could not be set back as much as if that area was fully cutout, which you show that's the way you build them. Is there something new in jet boat building that solves that problem? It seems from the last picture that you wedge the pump into the cutout as much as possible.

Most customers demand the clean out outside of the transom which is a full setback. I am not a fan as it weakens the boat but 100% of buyers demand it.

We build a strong bottom so I don’t sand too much before I set intake
We typically do shoes and ride plates to help on bigger hp boats

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Most customers demand the clean out outside of the transom which is a full setback. I am not a fan as it weakens the boat but 100% of buyers demand it.

So if you don't do the full cutout and its not a full setback then you're back to the transom box around the jet? Can't have a partial setback with the clean transom?

Thanks for your reply so far!

v6toy4x

Reaction score

We build a strong bottom so I don’t sand too much before I set intake
We typically do shoes and ride plates to help on bigger hp boats

As a "larger" guy with the clean out inside the transom and sucks up his fair share of stuff, I would want it outside as well if I were to go jet again.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Idea lum
So if you don't do the full cutout and its not a full setback then you're back to the transom box around the jet? Can't have a partial setback with the clean transom?

Thanks for your reply so far!

Ideal intake location would place the clean out directly center to the transom. So half way in, half way out. Like most gullwings are.
So we push the intake back another 2” and everyone is happy.

Transom boxes are old style. We don’t use them.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
LSA JET BUILD - Blythe Family
Lean Feast Upland - Great food, great people, jet boat family.
IMG_6260.jpg

the lynch mob

Reaction score
What is the speed with the 300r? Do you still have the 242 molds as I don’t see it listed on your website?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Is carrera actually building boats

Yes they are prepping the 282 Aftershock deck mold with a 520 with Martinez Interior.
The 245 SKIER i believe is sold and getting a 6.2mag

I keep pushing them to produce the 202XR / 19 Eclipse boats which would be cool. Bros helping Bros

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Yes they are prepping the 282 Aftershock deck mold with a 520 with Martinez Interior.
The 245 SKIER i believe is sold and getting a 6.2mag

I keep pushing them to produce the 202XR / 19 Eclipse boats which would be cool. Bros helping Bros

I have an '01 Carrera 205 Elite jet. Absolutely love it, great river boat! Out runs alot of the old bubble decks and flattie jets