WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tahiti Offshore out of San Diego. Any info? 247XS

Budafuco

Reaction score
I've been looking at used 247XS, and Hallett 240 & 255 (open bow) and came across Tahiti Offshore ad. It looks like they've revived the Ultra's 247XS, big question, how is Tahiti's build quality? after a little Google research I've seen a few pics, but nothing in person. looks like they have experience in the Offshore Center Console arena and maybe jumping into the river/lake scene. Any help would be great.

http://www.boattrader.com/dealers/i...ion-new/display-listings/make-tahiti+offshore

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Give me a call-

Todd @ 949 466 9844
Email: [email protected]

we are building a 22 jet/outboard skier, 247xs and 287 deckboats right now. Offshore stuff is the majority of our production.
I have a 247xs going into the mold on monday. Will update pics on RDP.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I've seen the add also for the deck boat. Same as the American Offshore. Seems priced pretty good but I also wondered about build quality and if they will be around for warranty issues. Time will tell I guess.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Thanks Budman- the 287 Party Deck is the American Offshore 2900SPD. The tools has been sitting in our yard for years, only 2 boats have been built from it.

We focus on salt water boats with dealers on both coastlines.
We have over 13 custom go fast tools from the Genesis Custom Boats era. We are not going anywhere. Our pricing is great for the year. We can build 2 custom boats per month from the glass shop with our salt water production dominating the rest.

The Family Custom Line is small- 3 models only.

247XS- $45k with 6.2Mag 350/ B1 / Extreme Trailer/ Loaded boat with Bimini Top
287 Party Deck- 8.2MAG HO/ B1/ Extreme Trailer/ Loaded boat with full length bimini top
22 Skier- Jet or Outboard- Pending buyer; would love to build one with an Outboard or Jet for Marketing Material.

The first 247XS will be shot and laid up next week, will post pics.

Website is almost done: Tahitioffshore.com

Thank you

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Thanks Budman- the 287 Party Deck is the American Offshore 2900SPD. The tools has been sitting in our yard for years, only 2 boats have been built from it.

We focus on salt water boats with dealers on both coastlines.
We have over 13 custom go fast tools from the Genesis Custom Boats era. We are not going anywhere. Our pricing is great for the year. We can build 2 custom boats per month from the glass shop with our salt water production dominating the rest.

The Family Custom Line is small- 3 models only.

247XS- $45k with 6.2Mag 350/ B1 / Extreme Trailer/ Loaded boat with Bimini Top
287 Party Deck- 8.2MAG HO/ B1/ Extreme Trailer/ Loaded boat with full length bimini top
22 Skier- Jet or Outboard- Pending buyer; would love to build one with an Outboard or Jet for Marketing Material.

The first 247XS will be shot and laid up next week, will post pics.

Website is almost done: Tahitioffshore.com

Thank you

When you say two boats have been built, is one of them the one that maxed out marine was offering ( it was an AO)and if so are the boats your building optioned out like that one was?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Yes that was the 2800 AO deckboat with the party seat, similar to Conquest.

We are not using that mold, but yes same layup schedule and build sheet outfitted. Cushions will be a little different as the 287 Deck is a twin canopy boat.

bocco

Reaction score
Goodtimes$ would love to see pics of the 247 build step by step. But before you start, it needs cup holders in the front seat and be sure to enlarge the pocket under the swim step so the out drive can be raised all the way up.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Ultra once again has there 247 xs molds...

So uhhhh...I noticed that the 247xs was not featured on the current Tahiti brochure. Does this mean that both Ultra and/or Tahiti will lay-up and rig the 247 as an Ultra and/or Tahiti?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So uhhhh...I noticed that the 247xs was not featured on the current Tahiti brochure. Does this mean that both Ultra and/or Tahiti will lay-up and rig the 247 as an Ultra and/or Tahiti?

Ultra posted in another Tahiti thread that they have the mold back. No idea if that happened under good or bad terms or any agreement between the two.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Ultra posted in another Tahiti thread that they have the mold back. No idea if that happened under good or bad terms or any agreement between the two.

WOW you guys are worst then chicks. Rusty wanted the 247XS, he had a cat tool I wanted. We made a trade. Simple stuff, If you want an Ultra 247 its ready, if you want a Tahiti 247 its ready.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Can I get one with both Ulta/Tahiti brands on it? Oh, and BTW. Have you seen my pussie?

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
Goodtimes$ would love to see pics of the 247 build step by step. But before you start, it needs cup holders in the front seat and be sure to enlarge the pocket under the swim step so the out drive can be raised all the way up.
He already built mine and all those things have been done there is a build on it in the build section I am happy to provide pictures if you need any!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I've been looking at used 247XS, and Hallett 240 & 255 (open bow) and came across Tahiti Offshore ad. It looks like they've revived the Ultra's 247XS, big question, how is Tahiti's build quality? after a little Google research I've seen a few pics, but nothing in person. looks like they have experience in the Offshore Center Console arena and maybe jumping into the river/lake scene. Any help would be great.

http://www.boattrader.com/dealers/i...ion-new/display-listings/make-tahiti+offshore

I don't know who does their rigging but their glass and assembly is done by Joel out in Hemet. He has a bunch of experience under his belt so the glass work should be solid.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I don't know who does their rigging but their glass and assembly is done by Joel out in Hemet. He has a bunch of experience under his belt so the glass work should be solid.

Thanks - my guys lay them up thick and solid. no complaints. Joel is slow to gel coat, but i have new bullwhip. Its a nice piece.

We are actually newbies to the offshore center console market, building custom go fast boats is all that we are good at. My golf game sucks.

- todd @ Tahiti Offshore

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thanks - my guys lay them up thick and solid. no complaints. Joel is slow to gel coat, but i have new bullwhip. Its a nice piece.

We are actually newbies to the offshore center console market, building custom go fast boats is all that we are good at. My golf game sucks.

- todd @ Tahiti Offshore

Todd - do you still have the 21' Ultra deck mold, not the Placecraft but the Ultra?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
IMG_7079.jpg

this one left today behind my truck from the glass shop to get the intake set. We are slamming them out. Pain in the ass to build right, but the coolest river boat out there.

K-DOG

Reaction score
Any chance you will get the Ultra 23 Shadow mold? I have never seen one but always wanted one with a large outboard on it. Perfect lower river boat.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Any chance you will get the Ultra 23 Shadow mold? I have never seen one but always wanted one with a large outboard on it. Perfect lower river boat.

NO - we have the 23 Placecraft molds. I like that boat better. More freeboard, bottom works killer.

We have a 23 deck with Verado 350 going into production shortly for a Yuma, AZ family. You are welcome to come for a ride when we test it.

Todd